Ode To Swift

Couldn't agree more!
I have a swift kelly 25 in cappucine
I wanted to sell it many times because I think the leather is so delicate & might scratch easily.
However, the resell value is not comparable to other type of leathers at all. The price is much lower comparable to togo or epsom.
indeed its so sad. but when buying direct from hermes its cost more. its such a great leather but many people doesnt know how to appreciate it. I guess for the price people are paying for hermes, they prefer "scratch proof", maintenance free leather which can last. So one day when they decided to sell theres a value to it.

I love certain bags in swift... I love my jige and Kelly cuts in swift. I also love a Lindy in swift, but I am less enamored with swift for a Birkin since it slouches and looks messier than I would like. I prefer just a bit more structure in a b.... of course if it's gold swift, all bets might be off as I find gold especially luscious in swift. :smile:

Hello! I've gone through all the posts on this thread, does anyone have a particular product to prevent colour transfer? I have a Silk'n wallet in Blue Brume and I'm so worried I'll get stains on it. TIA!

Hi all. I recently came across a Lindy in swift (which is over 10 years old) that I wanted to acquire. However the leather has hardened. It is not hard like Epsom, but it lacks the buttery soft touch of leather characteristic of swift. Anybody has heard of swift leather hardening?

Thank you in advance!

Hi all. I recently came across a Lindy in swift (which is over 10 years old) that I wanted to acquire. However the leather has hardened. It is not hard like Epsom, but it lacks the buttery soft touch of leather characteristic of swift. Anybody has heard of swift leather hardening?

Thank you in advance!
Do you think it may have been recolored outside of Hermes? That is the only reason I can think of.

Thank you in advance!
Never. I have several Swift bags and also some in Gulliver, the predecessor to Swift. They’re all as buttery soft as the day I bought them. Please make sure the bag is authentic Hermès, I’ve seen knock offs with leathers that did not age well.

I got offered a black birkin 30 in swift leather. Thoughts? Will the swift leather hold up well in a bag this size?
I personally prefer swift over all the other leathers. All birkins overtime will begin to slouch no matter the leather, my clemence and togo’s are all slouching, I personally prefer the slouch of swift and gulliver over time. I’m currently using a 35 cm graphite with GHW and have a beautiful Mai Tai organizer inside which gives it more stability but also use it without. I have birkins that are 10 and 20 years old that slouch terribly. I do now own any in epsom which seems to be the sturdiest, but it’s all a matter of choice in texture and sheen. I personally prefer the flat leather of swift but of course it all is a matter of preference. If you want no slouch then maybe look at the newer sellier birkins.

I personally prefer swift over all the other leathers. All birkins overtime will begin to slouch no matter the leather, my clemence and togo’s are all slouching, I personally prefer the slouch of swift and gulliver over time. I’m currently using a 35 cm graphite with GHW and have a beautiful Mai Tai organizer inside which gives it more stability but also use it without. I have birkins that are 10 and 20 years old that slouch terribly. I do now own any in epsom which seems to be the sturdiest, but it’s all a matter of choice in texture and sheen. I personally prefer the flat leather of swift but of course it all is a matter of preference. If you want no slouch then maybe look at the newer sellier birkins.

You and I are staunch swift supporters.

One of favourite leathers, I have invested heavily and don't regret it at all. Swift is almost a 'velvet' leather, I love the way it looks re takes colour and ages.

My most complemented bags just happen to be in Swift :ghi5:

In a 30 it will probably get pretty slouchy over time. I personally would not accept anything over size 25 in Swift unless you love that slouchy puddly look

One of favourite leathers, I have invested heavily and don't regret it at all. Swift is almost a 'velvet' leather, I love the way it looks re takes colour and ages.

Thank you all for your feedback! After researching more about the leather I am going to accept! I love the sheen look and smooth grain and I don’t mind if my birkin slouches a bit over time . All about that chic well loved/ lived in look!

That is a perfect description, the leather is like velvet. My gulliver bags, the predecessor to swift, still look beautiful and infinitely better than my older clemence and togo bags (although I do think togo ages a tab better than clemence). Next to chèvre, swift is my favorite leather.

That is a perfect description, the leather is like velvet. My gulliver bags, the predecessor to swift, still look beautiful and infinitely better than my older clemence and togo bags (although I do think togo ages a tab better than clemence). Next to chèvre, swift is my favorite leather.

I think it depends on which model of bag and prefs, as to which leather suits. I wouldn't have anything but Clemence for my Evie 29, it's a real knock-about bag and the leather moulds to my side, but the bag I first literally fell in :love: with was a Swift Travel Bolide. It's so perfect and H staff or total H-strangers fall over themselves when I wear it, same with my Plume. They even remember it when I'm not carrying it. Swift suits larger travel bags because it undulates beautifully, it suits the Plume because it can't slouch too much, just enough not to look boxy. I'm sure it would great for a Kelly too.

Hi all,

I recently acquired a B25 in swift leather. Some forums/videos say it’s a tough leather while others are saying you have to ‘baby’ the bag. I don’t expect to be throwing my Birkin around, but I am a busy mom of 2 and don’t want to have to focus on making sure my bag is ok all the time. How can I keep the structure and take care of it??

2F2C99FA-0C5A-46C0-A8AD-C151DC6D9D1C.jpeg