Ode To Swift

Hello to all Swift fans.
My question is about the accessories worn on Swift bags.
When purchasing my Swift B, the SA warned me against wearing permanently the lock either on the turnlock or tied to the clochette strap.
But what about the clochette itself ?
Do you leave it on the bag, or could it also damage the leather ?
Thanks !

Reactions: Helventara
Hello to all Swift fans.
My question is about the accessories worn on Swift bags.
When purchasing my Swift B, the SA warned me against wearing permanently the lock either on the turnlock or tied to the clochette strap.
But what about the clochette itself ?
Do you leave it on the bag, or could it also damage the leather ?
Thanks !

Wearing permanently the lock on either the turnlock or the clochette marks ALL leathers, so it should not be done anyway. Regarding Swift in particular, I have hung the clochette of my Swift B permanently for years and nothing has happened. I think it's a question of something soft hanging from the bag versus something hard, like the lock. As I said, this goes for all leathers.

I have two swift bags and I love them. B25 and c18. Recently met up with a friend and she was so shocked that I have two swifts. She said it has the worst resale value. I was so sad. Not that I’m gonna sell it but who knows maybe wanna have a change of bag. Was really disappointed. Why is swift resale value low, it’s such a beautiful leather.

I have two swift bags and I love them. B25 and c18. Recently met up with a friend and she was so shocked that I have two swifts. She said it has the worst resale value. I was so sad. Not that I’m gonna sell it but who knows maybe wanna have a change of bag. Was really disappointed. Why is swift resale value low, it’s such a beautiful leather.
I don't think that is an accurate statement your friend made. Not for YOUR particular bags anyway. Swift in B25 is very desirable (especially if in desirable color). Constance don't fetch super premium prices on the resale market in general but C18 is good if the color is sought after and the clasp is not scratched up. Swift has a rep for slouching and being delicate. Many ppl don't want slouch or fussy leathers but in a B25 and C18... there is much less slouch. Just keep your bags in good condition... you will be fine if that day comes u decide to part with one.

Bigger bags in swift only attract a certain H buyer.... not the masses IMO.

I don't think that is an accurate statement your friend made. Not for YOUR particular bags anyway. Swift in B25 is very desirable (especially if in desirable color). Constance don't fetch super premium prices on the resale market in general but C18 is good if the color is sought after and the clasp is not scratched up. Swift has a rep for slouching and being delicate. Many ppl don't want slouch or fussy leathers but in a B25 and C18... there is much less slouch. Just keep your bags in good condition... you will be fine if that day comes u decide to part with one.

Thank you. I didn’t go for the desirable colours. I went for the colours I really liked so maybe that explains. It’s pink and blue. Blue France go my c18. She’s like oh the worst combi ‍♀️ But nvm I really love and enjoy them. Till that day

We aren’t talking about the sizes though, her friend was talking about the leather. And she was correct. All other things equal, a Swift bag will resell for much less than the exact same bag but in a different (grained) leather. Many people perceive Swift as delicate. Also, Swift in light colors in a B or K, will likely show more “rippling” in any size which some may find unattractive.

Reactions: 880 and newloveforH
Thanks both. I got all my H from resellers which means I can go for a better resale leather. Maybe that’s why my friend made that comment. But I loved swift that it’s so lightweight and absorbs colour beautifully. I shall enjoy these bags in good health :smile:
If it make you feel any better, my B30 is 14 year old and I has age better than togo or clemence that I have seen in the market today that in the same age. I love swift and I think they are the most easy to care for. I only have 1 B30, 1 C24, 1 K28 with both B and C in Swift, and they look better than my younger K. Just enjoy your bags in good health and don't worry about resale at all.

We aren’t talking about the sizes though, her friend was talking about the leather. And she was correct. All other things equal, a Swift bag will resell for much less than the exact same bag but in a different (grained) leather. Many people perceive Swift as delicate. Also, Swift in light colors in a B or K, will likely show more “rippling” in any size which some may find unattractive.
I don’t agree with the statement that swift would sell for MUCH less. My personal experience is it sells for about the same as other leathers and I personally would pay more for swift then clemence or togo. I recently bought a 35 birkin in swift from a very well-known reseller and it was priced exactly the same as the other leathers.

I don’t agree with the statement that swift would sell for MUCH less. My personal experience is it sells for about the same as other leathers and I personally would pay more for swift then clemence or togo. I recently bought a 35 birkin in swift from a very well-known reseller and it was priced exactly the same as the other leathers.

Me too!

Reactions: Tykhe

Couldn't agree more!
I have a swift kelly 25 in cappucine
I wanted to sell it many times because I think the leather is so delicate & might scratch easily.
However, the resell value is not comparable to other type of leathers at all. The price is much lower comparable to togo or epsom.

Reactions: acrowcounted