Ode to Kelly Sellier

Why would one want this vs a retourne? I'm trying to learn and surprise my wife for Christmas.
Sellier: structured, external stitching. More difficult and therefore takes longer to fabricate, therefore can be harder to source. More expensive than retourne.
Retourne: less structured, easier to get into, internal stitches. A more casual look.

It’s a personal choice.I have 3 Kelly Sellier. I personally do not like the retourne.
Kelly Sellier comes in epsom, chèvre, Tadelakt, barenia, sombrero, butler, Togo and exotics. By far most common is epsom. Your wife may or may not like epsom. Again it’s a personal choice.
But having said that, I think any Kelly you buy for your wife, she will treasure.
Does she already have a Kelly? Which one does she have?

Reactions: uakkg8
Hi everyone! Joining in on the kelly club with my new k25 in sellier. (It's my first purchase into the Hermes world!)

Does anyone know what leather this is? It's sturdy but also has a slight gloss to it. It was a gift from my husband so I never got to ask the specifics from the SA. Definitely my new fav bag.

Thanks for letting me share.

[Edit : No idea why the colours don't come up the right way when I upload but it's more lipstick-ish]

E6E39A85-5BD4-4ACE-97F6-730DA1EB5D0D.jpegB6B150C6-8EB5-41FE-9838-833D9AC1B74D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Joining in on the kelly club with my new k25 in sellier. (It's my first purchase into the Hermes world!)

Does anyone know what leather this is? It's sturdy but also has a slight gloss to it. It was a gift from my husband so I never got to ask the specifics from the SA. Definitely my new fav bag.

[Edit : No idea why the colours don't come up the right way when I upload but it's more lipstick-ish]

View attachment 4909310View attachment 4909311
Chevre Mysore in Rose Lipstick. Beautiful!

Reactions: adb

Chevre Mysore in Rose Lipstick. Beautiful!
Thank you!

I’m a huge sellier gal. This year despite the covid pandemic , I have been lucky with my 3 SAs from different countries. Scored 3 selliers and these are the latest 2. Rouge H k28 and SO Craie / jaune dor k25 brushed ghw. Thanks for letting me share.

Attachments

• 91768276-37DE-400F-8640-BF0CEF9A4141.jpeg
    91768276-37DE-400F-8640-BF0CEF9A4141.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 23D60138-4E47-4A4A-A58E-F1D718D47DAF.jpeg
    23D60138-4E47-4A4A-A58E-F1D718D47DAF.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 315
I’m a huge sellier gal. This year despite the covid pandemic , I have been lucky with my 3 SAs from different countries. Scored 3 selliers and these are the latest 2. Rouge H k28 and SO Craie / jaune dor k25 brushed ghw. Thanks for letting me share.
These are so gorgeous and elegant, @Kkho! Congratulations!

View attachment 4909310View attachment 4909311
What a sweet hubby you have! He got you one of the most coveted bags ever... Rose Lipstick in chevre is sssoooooo spsecial and obviously AMAZING!!!!! Enjoy!!!!