Odd leather smell

I have evelyne that is L stamped and until now I can smell the leather scent (love it and addicted to it!!) but then I recently purchased this second hand b35 K stamped but has no scent in it. Is this normal? I thought one of the H bags distinct characteristic is the great leather smell that lasts for a long time???...

Reactions: Kayzee
I purchased a T stamp (2015) anemone epsom kelly 32 from a reseller. Gorgeous. Tilll I took it out driving on a sunny day and thought I'd hit a skunk. Sigh.

I thought I was safe with the year and the leather. Now it randomly smells like my kelly was invited to a party that I wasn't.

Took it to Madison, and they were great about emailing Paris to see what my options are. I love the color too much to part with it just yet...

My chèvre octogone from 2016 smells like plastic inside. Outside doesn't smell. It is very strong. The same smell is on my Gucci padlock wallet which was more like plastic-firework smock smell. Is this common these days? Not just with H but also Gucci. I never had any of my other birkin or Kelly smell like this, not any type of leather. I don't know what to do The smell is too strong. I did air out but no luck.

My chèvre octogone from 2016 smells like plastic inside. Outside doesn't smell. It is very strong. The same smell is on my Gucci padlock wallet which was more like plastic-firework smock smell. Is this common these days? Not just with H but also Gucci. I never had any of my other birkin or Kelly smell like this, not any type of leather. I don't know what to do The smell is too strong. I did air out but no luck.
When in doubt
Just bring it to the store for assessment

Just want to share, I finally brought my Birkin to my local store for an assessment in February. The SA said there was no strong smell but I insisted they check. Soon after the after sales person called me to say there was nothing wrong but I insisted there was. Finally she asked if I wanted the bag to be sent to Paris for checks and I agreed. After two months or so, I suddenly received a call from the after sales lady. Paris side confirmed the leather is defective and would replace one for me.

I received my replacement Birkin from the store yesterday. The SA was so pleasantly surprised. She kept saying “wow you got a brand new bag”. I asked her why there is no blind stamp on the bag and she said since 2015/16 the bags were not stamped. I hope that’s true.

Just want to share, I finally brought my Birkin to my local store for an assessment in February. The SA said there was no strong smell but I insisted they check. Soon after the after sales person called me to say there was nothing wrong but I insisted there was. Finally she asked if I wanted the bag to be sent to Paris for checks and I agreed. After two months or so, I suddenly received a call from the after sales lady. Paris side confirmed the leather is defective and would replace one for me.

I received my replacement Birkin from the store yesterday. The SA was so pleasantly surprised. She kept saying “wow you got a brand new bag”. I asked her why there is no blind stamp on the bag and she said since 2015/16 the bags were not stamped. I hope that’s true.
I think they’re still stamped but it has moved to the inside left of the bag instead of the back of the sangle. Congrats on your new bag!

Reactions: keodi
I took out my birkin from 2015 epsom to use, my car smelled like skunk when I stopped by Hermes, I can still smell it around me.
Turns out it was the bag, now it’s going to be sent to Paris. My SA was surprised epsom smelled, she said togo had problems a few years ago.

I took out my birkin from 2015 epsom to use, my car smelled like skunk when I stopped by Hermes, I can still smell it around me.
Turns out it was the bag, now it’s going to be sent to Paris. My SA was surprised epsom smelled, she said togo had problems a few years ago.
Many years ago I had an epsom bag that smelled like skunk too. After a ton of drama with my boutique (at the time), I finally got the bag replaced by Paris. GL dear.

Reactions: keodi and carlinha
Ok here's my story. My local store kindly offered me a Rouge Casaque Kelly Epsom Sellier 28 with PHW in November 2016. I was gobsmacked and so happy as it was not my request and I never even thought about it. I normally do not carry my new bags immediately. I do not know why I did in this case but am glad. Within 3 days I realised in a closed, warm environment the bag bagan to smell like weed. As it was winter it is not noticeable at any other time. I only learnt to recognise this smell while living in Holland and going past "coffee shops" in Amsterdam. Anyway I requested to speak with my leather SM and my SA. I have never in my whole life returned anything especially not a bag, as they know I would rather hold it 1 day to consider and decline if not sure. They knew I was very disappointed and very kindly accepted the bag and past my expectations, gave me a full refund. Now this is not the norm as the bag is supposed to be sent to Paris for assessment and then Paris decides what to do. In the meantime I would be out of pocket and a bag. On top of this, the leather SM kindly offered to allocate a replacement from her PO stock. I requested a Rouge Casaque 25 instead, with GHW bec that was the specs ordered and expected. In the meantime I waited impatiently haha! The bag arrived and there was some change in collection policy but again, good friends and family assisted. The bag is finally here and the matter is settled. I cannot express how satisfied I am with how I have been treated as a customer. :heart::flowers::heart: