not lovin my new Artsy - anyone else?

5 days a week sounds like it will give the vachetta a chance to soften. I would say keep it. After a month of carrying it...that will be 20 wearings you should notice a change in the vachetta. Now remember I have not seen this bag IRL, but knowing how vachetta is I think it will soften and shape to you.

And, if you don't like it I assure you this bag will have fabulous resale value on ebay--simply sell it and take a $75-$100 loss on an ebay sale. It is so gorgeous it is worth the investment.

^I have a feeling it would be much better return it ASAP.^

I looked at the Artsy at the boutique and I didn't even want to try putting it on my shoulder. I tried bags like that and they hurt my shoulder. Also, I didn't like the style that much either for $1.6 K pricetag (I was looking at the GM size).

I was tempted to get a Looping Bag that someone was selling for a steal, but changed my mind the last minute (also a family member was feeling really ill at that time) and don't regret it for one minute.

As Charleston-Mom has predicted, there will be threads complaining about the rolled handles on the Artsy as there were for the rolled handles on the Looping Bags. I guess history, sadly, does repeat itself. :shrugs:

It think it's best not to use it at all and return it right away for a full refund to put towards a Mahina. The Mahina looks softer and better for the shoulders.

I felt that way about the Sarah Wallet in Vernis Pomme D'Amour. I have adored it from afar. :love: When I finally took it home, I just stared at it a couple of times a day :wtf: and didn't even want to put any cards inside to try it out. I returned it 2 days later unused and got myself a Speedy 30 in Mono. :yahoo: I felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders and I love the Mono Speedy 30 so much!

There is no need :nogood: to try to force yourself to like it. Initial reactions are usually correct.

Last edited:
T-Girl - You make a good point but I don't want to pay for the mahina price tag right now! Perhaps IF I return the Artsy, there will be something new in mono coming out for Spring. I really enjoy reading everyones opinions on this! I'm going to work soon. Probably by the time I get back on computer in about 6 hours - there will be a lot more great advice here!!!!!

if ur not loving it definitely return....but i would say just wait a couple of days before you do so, because many of us on here return/sell bags impulsively and then regret it..so just make sure of ur decision

I still love mine and plan on carrying it pretty regularly for a while since I haven't purchased a new mono bag since my Tivoli GM back in Sept 08.

This bag is not going to be for everyone so if you're not feeling it then return it. Me personally, I don't mind carrying it on the shoulder or on my arm as I do that with my Tivoli whenI carry it. I think it (Artsy) looks fabulous either way it's carried so for that reason I'm sticking with it.

All vachetta does soften up.

On another note, I never believe the shoe salesman when he says, "the shoes will stretch."

MORAL: If it doesn't feel right, it probably won't ever feel right.[/QUOTE]

Give it a few days, but if the 'feelin' doesn't hit ya', return it. These bags cost too much not to love it!

I was so excited to see the Artsy IRL and couldn't wait to get one -- I saw it at my LV last Thursday and didn't like it -- I didn't like how it hit in the armpit -- I passed on it at that time -- then I started to see all the gorgeous reveals here, especially Zodie's pics of how to scrunch it down so it doesn't hit the armpit. Long story short, I called my LV yesterday and am picking up my Artsy tomorrow.

Hokaplan, you might want to do a search on tPF for the rolled vachetta handle/strap on the LV Looping bags. The Artsy's strap/handle is very similar to the Looping and I think you'll get a better idea of whether it will soften enough for your comfort.

I went into my local LV today and tried both the mm and the gm and def preferred the gm, I like bigger bags plus I am tall and slim built, however, I couldn't put my finger on it..I wasn't totally in love with the bag. a) I thought it was very similar in shape and style to the gucci horsebit hobo, which I own, and like the horsebit hobo, the handle was uncomfortable, even though the gucci's handle wasn't rolled and b) dare I say it there was too much monogram!!! And I think 6,100 dhs which equates to 1,000 pounds is way too much for this style bag! So I walked away, and am holding out for a chanel maxi in black caviar with silver hardware instead!