not lovin my new Artsy - anyone else?

I totally agree that first impression rarely changes-if you're not happy with it, return it and get that mahina. The Mahina may be more expensive but at least it's something you would really like.

those are good reasons for returning it. even though it's cheaper than the mahina, it's still expensive and not worth the price if you dont love it. also i think the way a bag feels is more important than how it looks. if the straps already hurt, it could bother you a lot in the future and you may not want to wear the bag, making it useless. a good bag should comprise of both comfort and style. see if there's anything else you'd like in the store.

Last edited:
those are good reasons for returning it. even though it's cheaper than the mahina, it's still expensive and not worth the price if you dont love it. also i think the way a bag feels is more important than how it looks. if the straps already hurt, it could bother you a lot in the future and you may not want to wear the bag, making it useless. a good bag should comprise of both comfort and style. see if there's anything else you'd like in the store.

ITA :yes:

^I have a feeling it would be much better return it ASAP.^

I looked at the Artsy at the boutique and I didn't even want to try putting it on my shoulder. I tried bags like that and they hurt my shoulder. Also, I didn't like the style that much either for $1.6 K pricetag (I was looking at the GM size).

I was tempted to get a Looping Bag that someone was selling for a steal, but changed my mind the last minute (also a family member was feeling really ill at that time) and don't regret it for one minute.

As Charleston-Mom has predicted, there will be threads complaining about the rolled handles on the Artsy as there were for the rolled handles on the Looping Bags. I guess history, sadly, does repeat itself. :shrugs:

It think it's best not to use it at all and return it right away for a full refund to put towards a Mahina. The Mahina looks softer and better for the shoulders.

I felt that way about the Sarah Wallet in Vernis Pomme D'Amour. I have adored it from afar. :love: When I finally took it home, I just stared at it a couple of times a day :wtf: and didn't even want to put any cards inside to try it out. I returned it 2 days later unused and got myself a Speedy 30 in Mono. :yahoo: I felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders and I love the Mono Speedy 30 so much!

There is no need :nogood: to try to force yourself to like it. Initial reactions are usually correct.

Yes!! I remember that Charleston-Mom predicted the handle problem.(most of the time what she tells us make sense!) That is why I am not getting an Artsy even she is very pretty. You want to be comfortable with purse. So if you have a doubt about the handle, you should get a full refund and get something else that make you 100% happy!!:yahoo:

Last edited:
Sorry you aren't feeling your Artsy!

I'm in the minority here... because the bags are so much $$ (and I really have to work hard to get mine) I go into every purchase with caution. I don't usually fall in love immediately... it grows over time. When I first got my Roses NF I thought she was beautiful, but I just sat her out in my bedroom going :wtf: I spend $700 MORE $$ just to get the roses on this bag??? Is it worth it???

After looking at her for like 2 weeks, I started carrying her and fell deeply in love. I was very unsure about the Artsy, slept on it and decided to go for it.. there are always returns, right? After getting home and playing with her- the love started commin'! Thats when I decided to take her out and then later posted the modeling pics on here.

Sometimes the strap does dig, but I like how easily this bag is carried on the arm too. I was told the handle was alot thicker than the looping bag (which I have never seen IRL) so it will be more comfortable.

Anyway- you have nothing to loose keeping this bag for 20 days. If you want to make sure you don't want her, then keep her for that "at home only trial period". BUT if you know in your heart you aren't going to carry her and that she's "off" for you- take her back girl! Not every bag is for everyone... but there's a bag FOR everyone!

Hi
I have the looping bag and I only wear it in the winter when I am wearing a coat. I can not wear it in the summer as the handle digs into me. So when i saw a picture of the artsy I knew it wasn't for me right away. return it.

My Artsy MM was just delivered. I' was home taking a nap cause feeling a little "under the weather". Actually I was expecting this bag to be delivered tomorrow. Now I don't know if it is because I'm in PJs and not feeling great but I'm VERY unsure if I should keep or return. The bag is big and the handle is uncomfortable (very stiff and rolled), and when on shoulder - it definitely cuts into me. Perhaps I settled because it cost less than mahina and I wanted something new. Also I was impulsive since it was the last day of tax-free. I'm thinking of going back to my local Saks to return it. Should I wait a few days to see if it grows on me?

If the OP does keep it for a "few days" or "give it some time" like posters are suggesting, what does that serve?

The OP certainly can't use the bag for a few day or manipulate the handle or bend or scrunch the canvas...since then it would be a "used" bag and you could not return it.

What is the purpose of waiting to do a return? Is it to see if you wake up the next day and see the bag in a different light? Someone explain.

I haven't posted in the thread yet, but, this is why I think the OP should keep it for a few days and try it on when she's feeling better. Bags look & feel really different when you are in PJs, no makeup, etc............. Dress like you normally dress, then try on the bag. If there is still no love, then return it. :smile:

Artsy pros - not terribly expensive for a "big" bag, not a lot of vachetta to worry about, many interior pockets, bought tax-free, looks great on, holds a lot and love look of braided handle and not nearly as heavy as many of my other LVs (trevi GM, manhattan, etc.)

Artsy negatives - handle is stiff and awkward, cuts under armpit

OK - much more pros than negatives!!!!!

I absolutely NEVER use a new bag when I purchase it. I also usually know instantly whether I want to keep it or not. If I try to convince myself, then I know I need to return it. I usually wait until the return period is over before I ever carry a bag. I just purchased several Chanels because of the price increase and wasnt even planning on purchasing the Artsy. I called my SA to inquire about a fashion bag and she mentioned that they just got the Artsy in and I instantly said it was too big. I called back an hour later about another item and the SA said she had just one mm left and so I decided to have her send it to me. Well, I got her today and instantly fell in love and actually took all my stuff out of my Chanel at work and switched to the Artsy to take to lunch. I have never done that before! I dont like large bags. This bag does not feel big at all. I have the green and pink neverfull, and have never used them because they are so big, yet this bag is actually bigger. I want to tell you to give it a chance, but if you are having doubts, please dont try to talk yourself into it. I have done that so many times in the past, that it does not happen anymore. If I have to think about it, it goes back. There are so many more amazing bags coming out shortly that you should return it while you can. It doesn't mean that you cant get it in the future. It will be around a long time.

it's a gorgeous bag but it didn't feel right on my shoulder when I tried it. I thought mayb it was because I was wearing a denim jacket but I kinda wish the handle was a tad longer. if you don't love it, no point in waiting to return it. you can always get it later if you change your mind.

Hokaplan, if I have learned anything on this forum it's that you and I think a lot alike. So let's talk about my SC...I was obsessed with that bag, and when I received it I was like "oh" and almost sent it back. Then I almost sold it. Then I didn't! Now I love it. I am fickle...can never decide what to buy, and I always want several things at the same time but can only afford one. So I say give it a few days, live with it a little, try your things in it. You may end up with a new favorite! If not, send it back and get the Mahina...that's my plan! Or the Mon Monogram. Or...

You have lots of good advice here! I believe that first impressions really are correct, with clothes, shoes and purses. If you need to make a list of pros and cons, it's probably not for you........usually with something you love, you just LOVE it and know it right away! I do agree that sometimes when you're not feeling well nothing seems right, anything you try on etc. If you are feeling better and try on the bag and still have the same concerns I would return it. The good think is it's not a limited edition bag so if a few months down the line you really decide it's the one for you, you can still pick it up! I would guess you probably aren't really that in love with it, so I would suggest returning it as soon as you get a chance. Good luck deciding!