Nordstrom Return Policy Thread!!

I try shoes at home many times before going outside, and even after tries, sometimes I have terrible blisters or something. I know Born is a brand that does it to me. And most people love their shoes. I literally had bleeding blisters, never with any other brand it happened to me. It is hard to say why, may be because they are funny in they sizing, and 11 fits like 12.5? And they never have 10.5 available? It should not matter expensive, or not expensive is the item. If you take cheap items back, you should take expensive one's too. What I heard from other people, CL runs very narrow. I never even tried them, because I am size 11, and they don't even make my size (I know they have couple models in size 42 very narrow).

designer shoes have stamps on the inside of the lid that state they have to be unworn to be returned. One CL pair I purchased fall last year had it for sure, which is when I noticed. Not sure when this policy started but I think it's specific to designer shoes.

Sorry to bring up an older thread but wanted to ask if Vince shoes considered designer at Nordstrom? I bought a pair of flat suede shoes in store that fit when I tried them on but I wore them at work (carpeted floor) and they were rubbing my big toes painfully- (straining them if that makes sense) and Nordstrom wouldn't take them back. I had my friend take them for me since I'm hardly ever in store anymore and they refused it. I was totally embarrassed for her and myself because I didn't know about this new policy and if stated at the time of purchase I would not have bought them at all!

Sorry to bring up an older thread but wanted to ask if Vince shoes considered designer at Nordstrom? I bought a pair of flat suede shoes in store that fit when I tried them on but I wore them at work (carpeted floor) and they were rubbing my big toes painfully- (straining them if that makes sense) and Nordstrom wouldn't take them back. I had my friend take them for me since I'm hardly ever in store anymore and they refused it. I was totally embarrassed for her and myself because I didn't know about this new policy and if stated at the time of purchase I would not have bought them at all!

Yes they are considered designer unfortunately.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong to return used items that aren't defective but just don't fit as you'd like? Isn't that why you'd try it on in the store and walk around the shoe department?
If I was the person who bought these shoes after a return I would be pissed! Try on in store and if they don't fit, sell them on eBay. Seriously, I am tired of buying used stuff passed off as new.

The operative word is "wore" and whether on a carpeted floor or not, they are USED!

The running joke is calling it rent-a-center. Heard someone say the other day say that they have only bought one bag at Nordstrom but have had 6 different bags all by exchanging it every season. I’m all for the change in policy.
Yup, these companies are finally catching on to the renters and scammers.

LL Bean just changed its policy too. We're all being punished for the misdeeds of those who abuse policy:
L.L. Bean Scraps Legendary Lifetime Return Policy : The Two-Way ...

Reactions: lulilu
Just returning something purchased online, and noticed what appears to be new wording of their return policy: "We handle returns on a case-by-case basis with the ultimate objective of making our customers happy."

Perhaps this reflects no change in their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, but the "case by case" wording seems ominous. Glad to see they want to make their customers happy, seems like a reasonable goal for a retailer.

Reactions: tbbbjb
they did change one thing that I know of years ago. They used to give you a refund if you handbag got damaged or showed unusual wear early on. Some time ago they changed that to send the bag out for repair.