Nordstrom Return Policy Thread!!

If I left my nordstrom card in another state, can I still return a purchase in store without it? I have the receipt. I just don't remember ever needing the card for returns but wanted to make sure before I make the trip. Thanks all!

9/10 times you don't need the receipt. And if you need the card number, the SA can call and get it :smile:

Yes. As long as the little sticker is on the box/ tag of the item, you're good to go :tup:

We can still take it without the sticker as not all items have it!

Another silly question since I left my card in another state...can I make purchases in store without it? I have the card # and all. Would the SA be able to verify I'm the card owner so I can buy stuff in store? Can't believe I forgot to bring my card! Thanks lol.

Another silly question since I left my card in another state...can I make purchases in store without it? I have the card # and all. Would the SA be able to verify I'm the card owner so I can buy stuff in store? Can't believe I forgot to bring my card! Thanks lol.
Yes you can. Usually they ask for your driver's license and SSN.

Hi! I got a gucci bag on Nordstrom.com this week and my nephew is a menace and he ripped the paper price tag off. Will I still be able to return it for a full refund? It still all it's coverings and I haven't worn it at all, but I'm worried about the tag :/

You can still return it. I have bought handbags from Nordstrom before and the tag was in the inside pocket of the bag.

Reactions: lulilu
Yes you can. Usually they ask for your driver's license and SSN.

Yes they will allow you to return it. I've returned Tory Burch shoes 2xafter wearing them several times after they made my foot bleed (I did finally find the right pair that didn't. The TB Miller by the way-TB is VERY inconsistent in their shoe sizing, fit, quality...). The second return on these shoes was after I had purchased them a year earlier . After several attempts to wear these sandals pain free I decided to sell them on eBay. When I pulled the shoe box down to do my pictures I realized I had the receipt. I decided to go back to Nordies to see if I could exchange. They asked if I'd rather return and I said yes. They asked me how I'd like it and I said cash and they gave me my refund. Very simple and trouble free. Ive returned a few items over the years & I've never had them ask for my SSN or DL however and my refunds are always cash.

Last edited:
Yes they will allow you to return it. I've returned Tory Burch shoes 2xafter wearing them several times after they made my foot bleed (I did finally find the right pair that didn't. The TB Miller by the way-TB is VERY inconsistent in their shoe sizing, fit, quality...). The second return on these shoes was after I had purchased them a year earlier . After several attempts to wear these sandals pain free I decided to sell them on eBay. When I pulled the shoe box down to do my pictures I realized I had the receipt. I decided to go back to Nordies to see if I could exchange. They asked if I'd rather return and I said yes. They asked me how I'd like it and I said cash and they gave me my refund. Very simple and trouble free. Ive returned a few items over the years & I've never had them ask for my SSN or DL however and my refunds are always cash.

They were talking about buying an item in store when they forgot their credit card.

Reactions: lulilu