Nordstrom anniversary sale

I went into my local Nordies and they actually had the teal, grey, purple, navy and cognac!! I didn't get one though, because it was just a bigger bag than I had imagined, and the drop was just WAY too long on me.

I think its slightly bigger than a regular sized RM nikki. I was wearing my Mini Nikki and it just consumed my bag. I would have been able to fit my MN inside the Marley.

It isn't bigger than the regular nikki. I think it just seems that way because the Marley doesn't fold up the way a nikki does when you wear it. The Marley holds its shape pretty well, and the nikki sort of compresses and really works the hobo shape, making it appear smaller than it actually is when you wear it. I think, and I'm just guessing by my experience (I didn't look at the measurements), that the nikki is actually larger (size-wise) than the marley.

You really can't go wrong with any of those colors! Which color would you get the most wear from? That would probably be black, but if you already have several black bags then I would spice it up and go for purple!:heart:
Is the silverish color a metallic? If not, then that would be a great neutral!

what color should I get next. my norstroms only has black, purple and silverish color. i want one more before the price goes up

Actually, I didn't see the cognac one. My nordies didn't have it.

I seriously recommend the purple. The nordies.com pic does not do it justice. The pic on their website makes the color look very flat, but IRL it is so rich and deep. Simply beautiful.

Thanks.. I really love the Purple, I think it is the best shade of purple and exactly the kind of purple bag I am looking for but I just can't get into the gunmetal hardware.. I like it on other people but not me. I know.. call me crazy!

I just went back and got another one! I picked up the purple. They had sold the turquoise, so it made my decision easier. However, I think I still want a bag in the turquoise. Maybe one with less of the gold hardware. I wish they had the cognac, so I could see it. I may have to order that one online.

Does anyone know what the cognac leather is like? Is it soft, thick or thin? How does it compare to RM leathers?

I was at Nordstroms yesterday and really took the time to look at every bag and color (they had several in each shade), and IMO, the softest leather was found on the Cognac bags. It actually reminded me a lot of the type of leather that Gustto first used on their Setela and Baca bags when they first came out -- that smooshy soft, buttery, almost velvety in places.

The bags with the "hardest" leather, IMO were the purple ones followed very closely by the Navy. The Purple bags just weren't soft at all and/or pleasant to the touch (I wouldn't want to keep touching it and/or rubbing my hands over it, lke I want to w/the Cogac and Grey ones)

I also noticed that the color on the jewel toned (purple, navy, turquoise) were very flat and matte with little to no distressing or color depth, whereas the grey and cognac ones (even the black ones) were multi-dimensional w/some distressing and color depth. That's actually the thing I loved most about the grey was that the leather was distressed and the color uneven thoughout -- giving it a lived-in almost vintage look and feel to it (the cognac and black are the same way), whereas the purple, navy and turquoise ones were just one even flat color, altho the colors are very bright and vibrant looking (not dull at all)

I guess it depends on what you look for in a bag's color and leather -- do you like bags that have a vintage-y look to them with color changes and really soft smooshy leather, or do you like brighter, more vibrant colors that are more even with little to no distressing or color changes (and while the leather on all the bags is soft I'm talking about how it feels when you touch them -- the jewel tones bags have a "harder" feel to them, but the body of the bag is still very soft and smooshy)

Last edited:
I agree the cognac was the best leather at least to me. Gorgeous but this bag was way too big compared to my RM devote! I wish they had gotten the mini too on sale bullseye!!!

I did think though that this bag would make a great shopper for our environment's sake lots of groceries could fit in there but then I wouldnt' want anything spilling on the leather!

I forgot one more thing about the bag's size -- it's look is VERY deceiving. You really have to take all the stuffing/tissue out and put some things inside to get a feel for how the bag actually looks when carried. Stuffed with tissue, the bag looks HUGE and even when you take the tissue out, it still looks big. But once I put my wallet and agenda and a few other things inside, it changed the bag's appearance A LOT. the bag took on a more narrow look and really dropped while the ends of the bag slouched inward so it no longer looked so humongous (I've never owned or tried on a RM Nikki so I don' know how they compare -- I can compare it to a Bulga bag tho. that's actually what it reminded me of when I tried it with my things inside)

What I truly want is a regular sized Asher in Cognac (non studded)..

OR, if I can't get that, I'd like a Mini Marley in Cognac... but I really prefer a bag without the studs... =(