Nordstrom anniversary sale

Congrats on your purchases baglady39! That turquoise is gorgeous, as well as the purple of course :P I've been thinking of the mini Asher in Turquoise, and your pics are making me consider it even more.....

For those who might think it's too big, it's actually not all that big once you take the stuffing out. It really puddles. I compared it to my RM nikki this morning and they are about the same size and weight. It's really a great bag because it has two different options for wearing it. Not enabling or anything, just sayin'...;)

Am I the only one thats diggin the black one? I love the purple and turquoise, but I find that when I get bigger bags in bright or not-so-neutral colours I don't use them. But purple is a neutral right?!

From the measurements shown on nordstrom.com, I believe these are the mini marley. Because when I checked the regular marley on lunaboston, the measurements are larger than the ones shown on nordie's site.

I'd love to know which on Nordstrom is selling (the same one that is currently in my possession that I love!).

For example: one site says the mini is 11x13x4, another says the same.

Nordstrom states the measurements as 14x12x5....Luna Boston says 17x13x7....I'd love to know which one it is, just for referrence. I realize this is not a structured bag and the measurements can vary, but after looking at a couple of sites, I'm confused. Not that it's a big deal, because it's a fabulous bag, but I'd like to know.

Am I the only one thats diggin the black one? I love the purple and turquoise, but I find that when I get bigger bags in bright or not-so-neutral colours I don't use them. But purple is a neutral right?!

I LOVE the black one too, but I just bought a Marc by Marc Jacobs Huge Hillier in black so I ordered the Marley in Grey. I don't think you can ever go wrong w/ black, but purple is a neutral too.....why don't you just get both? :graucho:

For those who might think it's too big, it's actually not all that big once you take the stuffing out. It really puddles. I compared it to my RM nikki this morning and they are about the same size and weight. It's really a great bag because it has two different options for wearing it. Not enabling or anything, just sayin'...;)

ITA! I am a tall 5'2" and once the stuffing is out and my stuff is in, it really "deflates". I think it is one of those bags you need to empty and put your stuff in, that's what I did and then I found myself ordering it!

so I took the plunge and bought the grey one!
I need to try it out tho and walk around the house to be sure I like it. it is a mighty large bag!!!

I couldn't get over the differences between the colored bags and the grey one -- the grey was the only one that was really distressed. I loved the shade of blue they used, but I didn't like the leather and/or the darker studs on the blue (the turquoise is really, really pretty, but I didn't like the gold studs on it -- I think they should have used the same gun metal studs on ALL the colors). I was worried that the grey one wouldn't be as soft as the blue one I saw the other day, but I actually think the Grey is SOFTER!!

the one thing that concerns me tho is the quality of the bag. I've been carrying MJ almost exclusively for so long now and haven't owned/carried a lower price bag for quite some time. While the marley is a beautiful bag and I appreciate the workmanship that went into each one, I can defintely see and feel a difference in the quality. I wonder if I've gotten spoiled w.my MJ bags

For those of you who own/carry Tressje bags and higher price (i.e., MJ, LV, Chloe, Balenciaga, etc) -- how do they comare/hold up?

so I took the plunge and bought the grey one!
I need to try it out tho and walk around the house to be sure I like it. it is a mighty large bag!!!

I couldn't get over the differences between the colored bags and the grey one -- the grey was the only one that was really distressed. I loved the shade of blue they used, but I didn't like the leather and/or the darker studs on the blue (the turquoise is really, really pretty, but I didn't like the gold studs on it -- I think they should have used the same gun metal studs on ALL the colors). I was worried that the grey one wouldn't be as soft as the blue one I saw the other day, but I actually think the Grey is SOFTER!!

the one thing that concerns me tho is the quality of the bag. I've been carrying MJ almost exclusively for so long now and haven't owned/carried a lower price bag for quite some time. While the marley is a beautiful bag and I appreciate the workmanship that went into each one, I can defintely see and feel a difference in the quality. I wonder if I've gotten spoiled w.my MJ bags

For those of you who own/carry Tressje bags and higher price (i.e., MJ, LV, Chloe, Balenciaga, etc) -- how do they comare/hold up?

iluv - so excited that you got this bag! I love that it is soooo big, that's what I gravitate towards, so it's perfect for me. I really thought that the grey was soft, I need to have something that makes me happy to touch. IMO, so much of the experience of carrying a bag is the tactile experience, in other words, I want it to feel good when I fondle it, lol!

I can't comment, yet, on how a Treesje bag will hold up compared to bags that cost a lot more. I own LV, Chanel, MbMJ, and of course, MJ. At times I've owned Botkier, Prada, & Fendi. Is there a difference, yes, of course, if there wasn't I would be pretty disappointed that I paid a lot more for my Chanels, LVs, MJs....but, I would have to say that for the price that I paid ($298) I am more than pleased. I have to have bags that I am not worried about carrying, I've got two very active kids and spend most of my days running them to various activites. So, my everyday bag (which I envision the Treesje Marley becoming) has to be able to handle it. While I know that an MJ or LV would hold up to that kind of use, I sometimes can't bring myself to use them in that way, probably because I've spent a good deal on money on them. And while I'm being honest, I have no problems using a $300 bag for a few years and then moving on.

I think it's all a perspective thing....what is expensive and lux to one person, is disposable to the next. I try to make my decisions based on what speaks to me....I know that when I buy a $300 handbag, I'm not going to carry it forever or pass it onto my daughter. However, when I spend over 2k for a bag, I will baby it, use it for special occasions, and seriously intend for it to be something I carry when I'm 80 (my Chanel is a good example of this).

So I guess the answer to "I wonder if I've gotten spoiled w.my MJ bags" yes, you probably have, but not every bag is going to meet your MJ expectations, especially when you didn't pay nearly what you would for an MJ.

Hope all this makes sense.... bags & what we spend are such personal things, sometimes it's hard to make a point w/out sounding like a snob or like a lecture. Just hope you are enjoying the several pieces of leather adorned w/ studs! ;)

iluv - so excited that you got this bag! I love that it is soooo big, that's what I gravitate towards, so it's perfect for me. I really thought that the grey was soft, I need to have something that makes me happy to touch. IMO, so much of the experience of carrying a bag is the tactile experience, in other words, I want it to feel good when I fondle it, lol!

I can't comment, yet, on how a Treesje bag will hold up compared to bags that cost a lot more. I own LV, Chanel, MbMJ, and of course, MJ. At times I've owned Botkier, Prada, & Fendi. Is there a difference, yes, of course, if there wasn't I would be pretty disappointed that I paid a lot more for my Chanels, LVs, MJs....but, I would have to say that for the price that I paid ($298) I am more than pleased. I have to have bags that I am not worried about carrying, I've got two very active kids and spend most of my days running them to various activites. So, my everyday bag (which I envision the Treesje Marley becoming) has to be able to handle it. While I know that an MJ or LV would hold up to that kind of use, I sometimes can't bring myself to use them in that way, probably because I've spent a good deal on money on them. And while I'm being honest, I have no problems using a $300 bag for a few years and then moving on.

I think it's all a perspective thing....what is expensive and lux to one person, is disposable to the next. I try to make my decisions based on what speaks to me....I know that when I buy a $300 handbag, I'm not going to carry it forever or pass it onto my daughter. However, when I spend over 2k for a bag, I will baby it, use it for special occasions, and seriously intend for it to be something I carry when I'm 80 (my Chanel is a good example of this).

So I guess the answer to "I wonder if I've gotten spoiled w.my MJ bags" yes, you probably have, but not every bag is going to meet your MJ expectations, especially when you didn't pay nearly what you would for an MJ.

Hope all this makes sense.... bags & what we spend are such personal things, sometimes it's hard to make a point w/out sounding like a snob or like a lecture. Just hope you are enjoying the several pieces of leather adorned w/ studs! ;)
thanks shop!!:flowers::heart:
you make excellent points all the way around, but it's the last part of your message --.... bags & what we spend are such personal things, sometimes it's hard to make a point w/out sounding like a snob or like a lecture......
that really got me!! I gotta admit, I was feeling a little "snobbish" asking the question in the first place, but I honestly hadn't even thought about it til one of my co-workers pointed it out to me (she saw the bag and said that while she really like it a lot, she had to wonder if it would be enough for me, since all I normally carry are MJ bags and she could see and feel the differences right away (and she's no bag "expert" -- altho I have corrupted her enough that she is buying a faridah tomorrow!!:graucho:).

As I said earlier, I'm not 100% sold on it yet -- I'm going to have to try it out with my things inside and carry it around my house to get a feel for it. So far I like it a lot -- LOVE the leather on the longer shoulder strap. It's velvety soft!! And I am impressed with the quality of stitching and placement of the stones -- Tressje's come a long way from their first bags. I had one about 2 yrs ago and the egdes were rough, stitching was crooked, etc and especially on the inside, it just looked a little sloppy -- this bag looks nothing like that first one I had!!

thanks for putting the bug in my ear shop!