Nordstrom anniversary sale

OMG, they're stunning! Congrats! Thanks for posting the pics, baglady! (Just to confirm, this is the full-sized Marley, right? Is the Mini Marley available at all during this sale?)

Thanks so much everyone!! :flowers: I really think it's a great deal!! Very nice bag!!! Starkfan, it just says "Marley" on my tag, but the retail is $595. For some reason I had initially thought the mini was that price and the large over $600. It's a pretty large size bag physically speaking, though! I think it's a great size, actually!!

Beautiful! Do you like studs on a lighter colored bag compared to a darker bag? I need a Stud bag of some kind.

You know, I think it depends on how much bling you are comfortable with, and how the particular bag hits you. I have a history of buying studded bags, and probably some of them are too wild (gaudy) for many/most people, lol. So Im probably not a good person to ask. :biggrin: Don't buy something you're not 100% comfortable with, though! :yes: It's also a lot of money to spend on a bag if you worry about trends, and some of my friends stay in the classic and timeless zone. I respect that, but for me, I buy/wear what I like... so I continue to carry older or trendy bags at any time. I just keep the rest of my outfit current, but I am not afraid to carry a bag that is considered to be out of style.

I think the Marley is a very pretty bag that falls somewhere in between some of the studded bags out there in terms of bling...it's not overdone at all, and for the price hard, it's hard to beat! I prefer some other types of leathers TBH (this is not as thick of a leather, so it's lighter than many bags I'm used to).... but overall I love this bag! I really like a lot of studded bags in general, though. A while back, I bought the RM studded Devote in grape, which I believe at the time I paid under $500 for new (under retail but still a bit pricey), and just a week or two ago I bought the new Coach studded Sabrina, which was $800. :nuts: So $300 is a PHENOMENAL deal!!! I really don't like the flat shiny studs on the RM bag (I prefer the rounded studs or pyramid studs), but on the grape color at least it's more subdued than black, for ex. I also chose the espresso color Sabrina because the studs are antiqued compared to the shiny studs on the black, and this tones it down some (since it got majorly attacked by a Bedazzler to begin with :P). I also am not a huge black leather fan. The leather is nicer on the Sabrina than the Treesje, but then it's very pricey in comparison. It's all in what you like, though...this bag is a LOOOOOOOT lighter to carry than either my Sabrina or Devote!! :tup:

All the studded bags have diff. looks too. TBH, when I first saw these bags, they did not have the purple out, and the bag that stood out to me was this turquoise (actually more of a teal color IRL IMO). I grabbed it up immediately out of all the bags (all brands) on the tables! I love how the brass studs pop on this color. Then I heard someone talking about purple, and my ears perked up because I'm always buying purple bags.:P When she brought the purple out for me, I LOVED the color, but I wasn't sure I liked the dark studs on the bag since it made it more subdued. However, looking in the mirror in the light, they glistened beautifully. In the end I chose the turq. for the first purchase, though, because I liked the overall bag best even though this shade is not my fav shade of teal/turq. Also, the color varies a bit from bag to bag...the other one they had in the turq. was a little lighter and the leather looked drier, so I had them hold this particular bag for me (we were not allowed to pick them up before the 14th). I was TRYING to be good and only purchase one of them.;) Anyway, long story short, I had second thoughts, and when I went to pick this bag up, I decided I couldn't live without the purple, so she sold me that one too. I think they both have diff looks, and since most of my bags have brass hardware, I love the change! I really don't think I would like brass on this shade of purple as well anyway. I prefer silver or gunmetal on purple.

LOL, I'm not answering your question properly, I don't think (sorry), but what I'm trying to say is that it depends on the bag as a whole for me. Some styles I think work better in certain colors, and it's hard to always know which color will appeal to me most. I would say go to Nordies and view the diff. colors, and try them on if you can...see which appeals to you. Good luck!!

Hi, I'm new to this subforum but I ordered the grey Marley!! :yahoo: I received it yesterday and it's TDF! The leather is so buttery soft and the grey is a perfect neutral. This is my first Treesje!

Now I'm thinking of ordering a second one...would you guys pick cognac or turquoise? I would want one with the gold studs now. I'm considering cognac because I already own a turquoise LP.

Oh, no! Why did I click on this thread?! I'm on my way to Nordstrom's right now! That's a fantastic price. I wish they had a mini-Asher on sale also.

JC - I would get the turqouise! I'm thinking of getting a purple or turqouise Treesje. I do declare, between Treesje and RM, I'm going to be so broke this fall! :nuts:

Congrats on getting two Baglady39! They are both TDF!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this subforum but I ordered the grey Marley!! :yahoo: I received it yesterday and it's TDF! The leather is so buttery soft and the grey is a perfect neutral. This is my first Treesje!

Now I'm thinking of ordering a second one...would you guys pick cognac or turquoise? I would want one with the gold studs now. I'm considering cognac because I already own a turquoise LP.

Congrats! Get Cognac -- it looks to be a lovely neutral tan and I love the way that the gold studs pop on the cognac.

Oh, no! Why did I click on this thread?! I'm on my way to Nordstrom's right now! That's a fantastic price. I wish they had a mini-Asher on sale also.

JC - I would get the turqouise! I'm thinking of getting a purple or turqouise Treesje. I do declare, between Treesje and RM, I'm going to be so broke this fall! :nuts:

Congrats on getting two Baglady39! They are both TDF!

I hear ya! There are so many great deals on RM and Treesje now I am so broke!

I love the turquoise but will probably go with cognac since it goes with so much more. We'll see if I can even dig up the funds for it! I'm heading to Nordstrom's this morning! :yahoo:

^ Cognac sounds like a good idea! The Turquoise really looks similar to LP's Turquoise Croco leather, so the Cognac would probably be a better choice to avoid an overlap with a similar colour.

The prices really are ridiculously tempting... :Push: I made the mistake of popping by the site to check it out, and it seems that Nordies accepts international credit cards! :sweatdrop: Must. Not. Cave.

^ Cognac sounds like a good idea! The Turquoise really looks similar to LP's Turquoise Croco leather, so the Cognac would probably be a better choice to avoid an overlap with a similar colour.

The prices really are ridiculously tempting... :Push: I made the mistake of popping by the site to check it out, and it seems that Nordies accepts international credit cards! :sweatdrop: Must. Not. Cave.

You're totally right! Cognac it is...now I just have to find $300 somewhere...LOL.

I purchased a grey one this morning and need to pick it up on my way into work, but I haven't seen the color in person yet (I only saw shop's pics of the one she got). I did see a blue one the other day (after seeing someone else's pics) and altho I loved the color of the blue (blue's my fav color!), I wasn't as crazy about the leather -- I really like how the grey leather looks distressed and how the gun metal stones look against the leather

the one thing that has me worried tho is that she said the blue leather was actually SOFTER than the grey leather. She said they both look and feel totally different.

My question is -- for those of you who may have seen both -- which do you prefer and how would describe the grey leather compared to the blue? Is the grey buttery soft like the blue or is it more "stiff" and more smooshy than buttery?

I purchased a grey one this morning and need to pick it up on my way into work, but I haven't seen the color in person yet (I only saw shop's pics of the one she got). I did see a blue one the other day (after seeing someone else's pics) and altho I loved the color of the blue (blue's my fav color!), I wasn't as crazy about the leather -- I really like how the grey leather looks distressed and how the gun metal stones look against the leather

the one thing that has me worried tho is that she said the blue leather was actually SOFTER than the grey leather. She said they both look and feel totally different.

My question is -- for those of you who may have seen both -- which do you prefer and how would describe the grey leather compared to the blue? Is the grey buttery soft like the blue or is it more "stiff" and more smooshy than buttery?

iluv - wish I had paid more attention to the other colors so that I could give you a comparison, but I will say that "stiff" is not the word that I would use to describe the grey. It is vein-y, but the leather is soft. I usually think "buttery soft" as smooth, kinda like a glove leather, which is not what the grey is like....hope I'm not confusing you....plus I would imagine that even within the same color there are going to be some differences based on what part of the hide is used. I will be checking back here to see what your impression of the grey is, you know that I am in love with it.

I have the grey one and it's very soft and buttery, but it's not "smooth" because it is slightly distressed. I don't know if that makes any sense. But anyways, it is not stiff at all. When I took the stuffing out, it just totally puddled and it's brand new! HTH!

BTW, I saw the navy one IRL too but can't recall what the leather was like. I think all of the leathers on these bags is soft and puddly.