Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

The following is my first return list. It's all still in stock but I wanted to give brief reviews of why I'm returning them to a store tonight.

ASTR the Label Floral Midi Dress - Black/Mauve (Small)
Great dress, might buy it in X-Small closer to the event I need it for. It has a hidden side zipper so you don't have to mess with the buttons to get it on/off. It seems to still be fully stocked so I have a feeling by the time I need it, I might can get a better deal.

Halogen Wool & Cashmere Cardigan - Heather Dark Gray (Small)
It's an okay sweater. It's just too big on me and I have a sweater coat in the same color. I know it's wool/cashmere blend but I was expecting better. I'd put it about the same as a Madewell or J.Crew cardigan: not worth the price.

Madewell Dipped Crown Felt Hat - Maple Syrup (S/M)
I don't know if it got warped or what is going on with the brim. It looked asymmetrical on my head. I might try on another in store and see if it's better. I love the idea of hats (fair skin) but haven't found the right one that doesn't make me look like I'm trying to hard.

No restocks on anything I was stalking and I noticed that sold out items have completely disappeared from the site. If you have a link it will still work but if you search on the site, they are not there. I guess this is their way of not "disappointing" their non early access shopers. I've shopped this sale for decades... worst experience ever. Headed to the Walnut Creek store in a bit to return all the fails.. will report back any unicorns I see!

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/linea-paolo-faith-wedge-sneaker-women/4588485

Did anyone try on/purchase the Linea Paolo wedge sneakers? I love wedge sneakers and bought a few last year (Caslon and Steve Madden). I even bought a few from those brands to see how they are. I wear them to dress up an outfit, though I wished that sometimes my wedge sneakers were a bit more sleek and thought that maybe this sandal/sneaker combo would fit that bill. Any photos of you/others with them on would be great!
Yes! I purchased them in black and ordered an 8.5. I wear an 8 or 8.5 and went up for these. The cut outs really make this wedge IMO, and they were more comfortable than I thought.

You know, Amazon let’s you combine returns from different orders. On their website you can select which items (from separate orders) you want to return, and it creates one return label and packing for those specific things. Nordstrom should consider adding this option to their website. I would much rather print a custom label at home, so I can send fewer packages than use their pre-printed label. I bet it would save lots of time and money on their end too.

the black longchamp (nordies exclusive) nylon zippered came back but only long enough to start check out to then say OOS - don't really "need" another but love the zippered ones; preferred the Fig or Gunmetal color anyway....

FYI - if looking for the LC leather cuir, try a longchamp outlet as most likely way less esp as they do sales, there is a thread in longchamp

They now have plain clothes individuals delivering items :hrmm: Strange man sitting outside my home in questionable vehicle. Happy to receive item, but give a sister a heads up.

Was that Lasership? I hadn't heard of them before and apparently a few items are being shipped that way from my orders. Something shipped with them says it was delivered yesterday but I was home and it definitely wasn't. Similar thing today: dropped on the doorstep with no knock or anything.

You know, Amazon let’s you combine returns from different orders. On their website you can select which items (from separate orders) you want to return, and it creates one return label and packing for those specific things. Nordstrom should consider adding this option to their website. I would much rather print a custom label at home, so I can send fewer packages than use their pre-printed label. I bet it would save lots of time and money on their end too.

and the environment...

Was that Lasership? I hadn't heard of them before and apparently a few items are being shipped that way from my orders. Something shipped with them says it was delivered yesterday but I was home and it definitely wasn't. Similar thing today: dropped on the doorstep with no knock or anything.
I really don’t know what type of shipping this was. I was taken off guard trying to grab my son and get in our house. It was tense until I saw Nordstrom gray shipping bag. I never received shipping confirmation. Chat associate just let me know that everything in getting ready was slated to ship today. I’m happy the woodfield location was able to ship me the correct item, unlike oak brook.