Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

I feel like such a Negative Nelly - I've been writing reviews of NAS items and all of them are 3 stars or below. But other reviewers seem to be really happy with their purchases and giving them 5 stars. What kind of koolaid are they drinking? I'd love to love the items I bought but so far much of it has fallen short of my expectations, even at the NAS price.

Guys. I became really disillusioned with the sale this year pretty early on. I'm not at Icon or Ambassador level so I shopped in store on the 12th and picked up a couple of beauty items...the CT Pillow Talk set and the Supergoop setting spray set. I also found a couple of clothing items but felt the selection was pretty limited. I was hopeful that I could get what I wanted online so I made it back home just in time for the sale to go live for cardholders. Within 15 minutes, my top items were gone in my size. I probably should have just grabbed other sizes for exchange later but I felt so deflated at that point, I kinda lost interest in shopping further that day.
Then my sweet 12 year old chihuahua passed away suddenly on Monday and I forgot all about the sale because I've been pretty devastated over her loss. There seem to be a lot of animal lovers on this thread so I'm sure you understand what I mean. Anyway, I'm back on here trying to catch up because it's giving me a much needed distraction right now. So thanks to everyone who is posting their recommendations and pictures because it's keeping me busy.

I feel like such a Negative Nelly - I've been writing reviews of NAS items and all of them are 3 stars or below. But other reviewers seem to be really happy with their purchases and giving them 5 stars. What kind of koolaid are they drinking? I'd love to love the items I bought but so far much of it has fallen short of my expectations, even at the NAS price.
Maybe they’re all blogger/paid influencers reviewing? If they say “OBSESSED!” As a complete sentence anywhere in the review, that’s a dead giveaway.

Reactions: lovemyrescues
Guys. I became really disillusioned with the sale this year pretty early on. I'm not at Icon or Ambassador level so I shopped in store on the 12th and picked up a couple of beauty items...the CT Pillow Talk set and the Supergoop setting spray set. I also found a couple of clothing items but felt the selection was pretty limited. I was hopeful that I could get what I wanted online so I made it back home just in time for the sale to go live for cardholders. Within 15 minutes, my top items were gone in my size. I probably should have just grabbed other sizes for exchange later but I felt so deflated at that point, I kinda lost interest in shopping further that day.
Then my sweet 12 year old chihuahua passed away suddenly on Monday and I forgot all about the sale because I've been pretty devastated over her loss. There seem to be a lot of animal lovers on this thread so I'm sure you understand what I mean. Anyway, I'm back on here trying to catch up because it's giving me a much needed distraction right now. So thanks to everyone who is posting their recommendations and pictures because it's keeping me busy.

I'm so sorry for your loss :sad:

Ugh I’m so sorry that is just awful :sad:

Reactions: PiecesOfFlair
My final shopping cart:
NYDJ Slit Hem Leggings (Regular & Petite)
4cb79e98-0482-48f4-8332-0595a2d49bd5.jpeg

Halogen® Banded Sleeve Knit Top in Pink Compact
0e200a18-1997-40c8-bc06-24eed4d56f96.jpeg

Gibson Cozy Twist Front Pullover (Regular & Petite) in Brickell ( I have two of these already and I love them)
9721420a-f5da-40ad-b315-405c973a03ee.jpeg

After returns I'll be saying au revoir Nsale

so even from the same order you ship them separately?
No. When I start a return on the website, I can only do a return from one order. So I check the items I will return from that specific order and use that label for the box. If you have a packing list and label in your original box, same thing goes. I ONLY place items in the package that are included for that specific label. If there's a problem with the return, Nordstrom can see that the label was activated and check the tracking. If you include additional items that are NOT part of that specific label, the store cannot confirm this. So it comes down to your word against theirs, and that's a bad place to be. Now I received credit both times, but that was after numerous phone calls for about 2-3 months. The last time, the cs person suggested I return to the store, and at the time, a store was 3+ hours away.

That's exactly what my fear is about grouping them. It seems some people have had a good experience, but based on everything I have been reading this year, it seems that both orders and returns are not going smoothly and I thought I might have the same problem. It would be at least three weeks before I could get to an actual store at this point, which is why I wanted to be lazy and do one shipped box back.
I understand, and that's why some of us want to do this. Yet we know that USPS, Fedex, and UPS lose packages, and some of that is from theft. If an employee sees a box of returns to Nordies or Saks or Bloomies, come on! That's tempting. Plus boxes get ripped and torn. I make two copies of the label and the items or hang on to that receipt if the list and label was in the box originally. Sometimes the label isn't in the original box. One copy goes back to the store, and one goes in my files until the return is complete. I also take a photo of the items in the box. I just can't go through that again, and I don't blame stores for being cautious these days. If the return label is for ~ $200 worth of items, and you include an additional $200 or more, there's no record from their perspective that the label was actually for an additional amount. You can say it was, but as I said: your word against theirs. Be careful!

Aside from a lot of Christmas gifts, the things I have bought for myself have either been awesome or awful. A couple of wild card items turned out to be fantastic surprises.

I went back for The North Face Crew Run Wind Anorak.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/the-no...ing/Coats, Jackets & Blazers&color=storm blue

I am finding that my weekend/casual fall/winter wardrobe (tops, jackets) is lacking and needs some updating. This seems pretty versatile and hoping it fits.