Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon can we see the 10x reflected in our Rewards/Notes?

I bought something yesterday that wasn’t part of the AS, but the lovely SA who helped me said that it still qualified for the 10x.

It sometimes takes their systems a few days to get in sync and post the correct notes to your account, and that's without the Anniversary sale madness. I just tried to compute how they got my own notes balance and it's just not working out correctly if yesterday was 10X points. They've shorted me by about $40 in notes but I'm going to wait a couple or three days and let everything sort out and then see where I'm at before trying to call in.

It sometimes takes their systems a few days to get in sync and post the correct notes to your account, and that's without the Anniversary sale madness. I just tried to compute how they got my own notes balance and it's just not working out correctly if yesterday was 10X points. They've shorted me by about $40 in notes but I'm going to wait a couple or three days and let everything sort out and then see where I'm at before trying to call in.

They have my points balance at exactly zero, which is impossible. I bought my husband a pair of shoes and my mom a pair of Lagos earrings for Mothers' Day (both were purchased in April) and at the very least, those points should be there. Crazy.

I just wanted to share this pair of pants by Kut from the Klotz I absolutely love these pants and buy them every year during the sale. I can never find them at a lower price throughout the year and I do stalk them. I wear them quite religiously to work when I’m too lazy about shaving my legs to wear dresses, haha. I like them because of the material and stretch. I am usually 27/28 (more on 28), though I get these in a size 4P. The material is stretchy so sizing down works for me and the petite length is great on my 5’3 frame. I have wider hips and thighs, so it’s hard for me to find non-jeans that make me feel like I’m not a big rectangle if that makes sense. They also hold up nicely throughout the years.

Attachments

• 92079F7E-547A-4366-9A76-AE74747667C2.png
    92079F7E-547A-4366-9A76-AE74747667C2.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 589
I have to say I rarely shop in stores anymore and a SA convinced me to come in. She pulled a very long list for me and it was so nice to sit in a huge dressing room while she got different sizes and found other items. So much didn’t work for me—If I had ordered it all just dealing with the boxes and returns would have been such a hassle. Yes it was hard to clear my schedule and coverage for my kids but it was definitely worth it.

sadly some of the in store items i purchased for pick up are sold out and that order part of the order got cancelled. i am going to be 100% annoyed if i see them in store tomorrow when i go as i assume the store is crazy and they are probably in a dressing room or in the wrong place..... :mad::frown:

Reactions: MamaSleepy and ame
I’m down at Pentagon City too! Are you having much luck?
No, not really. I generally avoid Pentagon City because I never have good customer service experiences. It seemed a bit dead in there yet no one ever approached me to ask about helping. That was fine I placed several large orders online yesterday so I just wanted to go in to see if they had one thing that sold out from under me and see if there was anything else I missed. Stock seemed a bit limited too overall. Hopefully you are finding what you want!

Other than duplicate items in multiple sizes, which we had to use the app to order because the store had nothing, and the system was down, I really stuck to my list. I didn't buy stuff off list, and I didn't end up even buying everything on it. I would like just one order to ship though.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know if there's a difference between the T3 items in the NAS and those available at Costco? My styling tools could use an upgrade, and 10x points are tempting but they're so much cheaper at Costco!
They should be the same, though Costco won’t have the “newer” stuff, they usually get stuff that other outlets discontinued, at least in my experience.

I always wondered if merchandise is made specifically for this sale. Any others have any comments on quality? I am debating if I even want to run down to Pentagon City tomorrow and even look. I didn’t order clothing since fit is hard when you are older, petite has to be age appropriate. I like to try it on. I also want quality. Love the DVF dress but too low for me. All of you look wonderful in your finds. I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Thanks for taking time to post.

It absolutely is. I remember like 6 years ago there was a selection of Chloe Bags. People who already own “real” ones know how they’re made and the materials. These were clearly made with lesser quality so they would make a bigger profit/equalize the profits. And every year since I have noticed more made for sale stuff. I remember getting really good quality items that were still for sale in their exact same make many years ago.

I also miss the tents, or separate rooms. This year it looked like a crimescene.

Hi all, does the 10x applies to all purchases made w nordy card or only for anniversary items? I got conflicting yes/no in store.
Applies to all Nordstrom.com and Nordstrom in store purchases, not just anniversary.

“This offer applies to all Nordstrom purchases made using your Nordstrom credit or debit card and is available until 11:59pm PT July 12, 2018. You will be awarded ten (10) points per net dollar on any eligible purchases made in store at Nordstrom or online at Nordstrom.com. Bonus points limitations apply to selected designer boutique purchases. Restrictions apply.”

Haha, that’s what I was thinking, too. Just make tomorrow another 10x day
C:\Users\amy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Honestly, they need to AND do free 2-day shipping.

This is a truly embarrassing situation for a retailer. They learned nothing from last year, except obviously the 10x trick. But the fact that they weren’t prepared, at all, and don’t have a system in place to prevent it is pretty disturbing.

I’m half wondering if the website woes is their new marketing plan. The website will have issues people will freak out. Then as a way to make it up to our customers we’ll give them 10X points. Then the customers will turn around and buy a bunch of non sale items to take advantage of the 10X points. Their also seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there. Yes they will restock no they won’t. It almost seems like they’re really trying to create a shopping frenzy environment.
I had that thought also but I think they are more likely to lose long time customers. One of my two SAs called me today to tell me all but two of my instore items were sold out before she could pack them up—meaning someone took the stuff she set aside and charged me for and resold it. And she cannot reorder bec they’re not available anymore, and while it’s frivolous and I don’t need these things, it’s still really obnoxious. I mean, what if this was ALL I was able to buy? It’s one thing to have a website failure, it’s another when it gets so frenzied to make sales that you’re not even paying attention to what’s going on around you.

One year, great, learn from it, never let that happen again. Make sure all your merch is well stocked all over, and make sure you’re compensating well for it. But 2 years in a row, especially if the same customers get hosed again? Can’t blame someone for being done.

And think of these freaking sales reps who are losing a ton of business bec they can’t order things, everything sold out, everyone’s pissed, etc.

I remember thinking this same thought last year. It creates a false scarcity which induces people to buy more. I really have to wonder if a store with as many resources as Nordstrom would have the exact same problem with their website each year. Maybe. Maybe not.
They literally have no excuse for their e-commerce website to not be top of the line and functioning. None.

Stacis1229 you put it so well. The proliferation of bloggers is disappointing. The site crashing is bad service. Not offering it as 3x or 10x point day off the bat is less benefits than the prior years - to me it shows a devaluing of cardholders by Nordstrom. Don’t just let us shop early give us a points day for the biggest sale of their year. I’ll always shop the sale but I’m starting to shop a lot more at saks and other places - it’s clear if I’m not a blogger or influencer Nordstrom does not care that much about me.

I don’t mean to disparage all blogging/influencers. It think it Liketkit and other affiliate link programs that are truly the problem...it appears that most instagrammers won’t say what an item/designer is, forcing people to click their link. And it’s usally never disclosed. It’s just so greedy and sneaky.

There are many bloggers who have awesome taste, and do the legwork to find pieces that aren’t ubiquitous. I always appreciate that and I am happy to click their affiliate links. I’ve loved seeing your choices
C:\Users\amy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

I’ll stop my ranting now, sorry. It just seems that something shifted from the sale being about what makes Nordstrom special, to it really being about influencers. If that makes any sense.

You totally nailed it.

1) The items are not the same as they used to be, the exclusivity and reason for having the card has dwindled. They don’t value you as a customer anymore and many of the SAs are not remotely worried about having a longer term relationship.

2) I “blog”, though more now on just Instagram, and while I never once accepted PR, or used affiliate links, I did apply to RStyle after I was more established because I was curious to see how it worked. I was rejected, and told I needed to, in no uncertain terms, copy another blogger’s entire web design and voice. I was ok with that rejection and ended up forwarding it on to the blogger so she knew that the org is telling people to copy her. Really bothered me.

3) If someone won’t just say wtf the thing is, I don’t need or want it enough to bother. I won’t click the links bec they’re hell to dump off your browser.

Oh no! I totally agree with you! I'm not a RS blogger (Like It). I kind of find that company to be really shady and kind of mean girlish, actually. Long story. Anyway, yes, they do clickbaity things to get sales. I don't. Maybe that's why I don't make much!
C:\Users\amy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

There is a list of brands that have an agreement with Nordstrom not to be discussed as a part of NAS. Lots of brands actually. Things that have a swoosh or 2 Ts or brands that are "well made" (switch that). So part of it is that.
C:\Users\amy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif
The change in quality offerings has me really reconsidering keeping the card. I would take a large credit score hit but my SAs value me, and that’s about it. I feel like they don’t hear their customers. They’re reactive, not proactive. Too much has changed.

I definitely agree about RS/LI…When they told me to copy someone else’s work I was like yea no. I am ok not being a part of your team.

yeah the designer page is so lacking this year.

The SA I worked with the other day said they are going after them this year, they started last year but those who buy 15k worth of stuff, take it home and blog then return it will be getting letters and possible bans. It's hurting the sales people a lot and they're complaining to corporate. There's a large internal push to keep customers in the store and offline as much as possible.
That’s what is so stupid—so much become online only exclusives, and so few good items make it to the stores. Neither of my stores had much of anything. The SA at one said it’s like their deliveries never showed up, and the other said they got one of each thing in each size.

I am glad they are working on stopping that cycle. I often order a bunch of stuff in multiple sizes and then return the sizes that don’t work. But not to that degree and I don’treally blog much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.