Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work at Nordstrom 10 years ago (actually a little longer now) and I remember the Anniversary Sale was set up in the store and big black curtains would block everything off. We would help people presale and set things aside etc. Idk. I kind of miss those big black curtains and going home with items lol. I don’t even live near a Nordstrom anymore so I have to shop online, but do they still do that?
The store I went to had yellow roped off areas, open to viewing, no curtains. People did question you to see if you were a level 4 on the day I went. I think you were free to browse but couldn't try on or buy.

I remember those days, with the big black curtains. But, no, those are gone and they just section off areas using big yellow tape, like a crime scene. Everything is visible to everyone walking around.

I remember black curtains. Then it was white mesh curtains. Now they scatter anniversary sale stuff within all the departments with yellow cord. I prefer all in one spot

I guess I'm in the minority because I don't really pay attention to "influencers" or bloggers, and what they deem important... even on this thread, that stuff goes over my head. I keep an eye out for the things I was already needing/wanting, not the most desired items, I guess. But that could be my old & curmudgeonly ways talking (I'm hitting late 30s and the trendy stuff is N/A for me with my lifestyle and career at this point.

I'm happy for Nordstrom in that the Anniversary Sale appears to be successful, and that the demand that has been created (artificially or not) is pushing people into stores and into a "frenzy," as it were. Because of the horror stories we hear about retail performance, store closings (especially at the dept. store level), I just hope Nordies isn't one of the casualties someday. So if the bloggers are helping boost sales for the "kids" to get them excited about the store, so be it. But I also agree that these bloggers shouldn't just be allowed to buy the whole store of limited stock items, if that is what is happening (again, I don't follow them so I'll take everyone's word for it). I just assumed that there would be a certain allocation to bloggers and then the general public gets their turn, right?

It took a while to get my order through yesterday because I was trying to apply Notes (and I had to find a way to look them up myself because where they are usually stored in the system didn't have them available = annoying), but otherwise it was a smooth experience... but again, I wasn't looking for in-demand things. My closets are bursting with things that I need to go through and "Marie Kondo" to get rid of anyway :smile: I literally bought 3 items and I'm pretty sure all 3 are still available right now, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Oh gosh this happened to me last year— I called my internet provider and literally had to go switch it to get a new router.

Also, is anyone having the following issue?

I was middle of browsing when I clicked on a link and now it says:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://shop.nordstrom.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.3d60dc17.1531486299.20e9557f

I’ve tried everything. Clearing cookies, internet history, restarting everything, different devices, resetting the modem and router.

I called my ISP and they said Nordstrom blocked my IP address. Lol. What?

Wondering if this has happened to anyone? When I remove myself from the internet and use just the cell phone network, I can access it just fine.

Reactions: fashionista1984
Also, is anyone having the following issue?

I was middle of browsing when I clicked on a link and now it says:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://shop.nordstrom.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.3d60dc17.1531486299.20e9557f

I’ve tried everything. Clearing cookies, internet history, restarting everything, different devices, resetting the modem and router.

I called my ISP and they said Nordstrom blocked my IP address. Lol. What?

Wondering if this has happened to anyone? When I remove myself from the internet and use just the cell phone network, I can access it just fine.
Are you on a VPN? If I leave my VPN on that can happen, Nordstrom doesn't have the staff to block just your IP address

And now that I gave all my random thoughts above, what are everyone's thoughts of this Treasure & Bond "chambray" top? The sale version is a pink/peach which looks kind of pajama-y, but I think it depends on how you style it... (the model literally has a lace bra underneath). The blue one makes it look more like a nice flowy summer top. Any opinions on whether it's too pajama-ish?
upload_2018-7-13_11-8-58.png
upload_2018-7-13_11-9-37.png
**ETA - it's not EA, just regular "on sale" price. Now that they sucked me in, I'm just browsing in my spare time, lol.

And now that I gave all my random thoughts above, what are everyone's thoughts of this Treasure & Bond "chambray" top? The sale version is a pink/peach which looks kind of pajama-y, but I think it depends on how you style it... (the model literally has a lace bra underneath). The blue one makes it look more like a nice flowy summer top. Any opinions on whether it's too pajama-ish?
View attachment 4130923
View attachment 4130924
I like the blue chambray one!

I just checked out your instagram and found your stories regarding the sale items you purchased to be so much more refreshing and informative! We actually purchased quite a few of the same things. Its just nice to see someone who doesn't make it such a production out of it. Some of the people make it seem like a broadway show. I know that I would be more likely to use affiliate links from someone like you versus others. I sometimes feel like I'm being consistently lied to and let down. Also, there is quite a bit of a disconnect being a mom and in my mid-thirties; I just don't need nor would I use some of the things they are shilling. Thank you so much for being a breath of fresh air and for always being helpful over the years!

Aww thanks! I’m a huge introvert, so storied is very intimidating to me. I’m just getting started using them and figuring out their space in my “business”.

That’s my problem too. I’m 38 and a mom of 3, one with special needs. I don’t work outside the home anymore. So while i think those Sam Edelman pumps with the studs and the ankle straps are super cute, they are not practical in my life. We never go out because we don’t want to pay for a babysitter, so that’s not going to have a space in my closet.

I’m going to do an Anniversary Sale hygge Post next week which I’m really excited about! Barefoot dreams, ugh slippers, pjs and candles! That’s more me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.