Non-Exotic Leather Pricing.

Fjord weights a ton. And sags too. :P

Granted, I don't have a 45 Birkin in fjord, just a tiny 31 Bolide, but it is as light as my gulliver Bolide and lighter than my 32 and 35 box Kellys.

And excuse me! It's VERY stiff and hard! :P I cannot see it slouching, ever. (But that may be a result of the bag design more than the leather itself). I love fjord.

Hi Eric, Congratulations on finally settling your leather colour combinations. It is a very difficult process, but lucky you to have all the help here. You must be a VVIP to get your bag fast ??? Are you in the entertainment industry?

Dear ALL,

A Big BIG thank you to all of you who have helped me with this rather confusing decision.

I would still be poring over HG's colour charts and leather book and looking at everyone's bags. I have been told that the speed of delivery is due to the lack of demand for a 50cm Birkin. I chose the 50 cm model for two reasons:

1. Hermes is no longer offering the 45. Yes, it has been discontinued. Not sure if it can be SO'd but the manager at the store hinted that I not even bother trying. (HG, you probably have one precious 45 of the last batch produced in TOGO).

2. I need the bag to be different from my 40cm bags.

I'm really hoping for my first choice. In fact, the leather choices are very very small. I am tld that a 50cm is offered only in limited colours and in Clemence, Vache Liegee and Combi(leather and canvas) and Fjord. Anything else will be a SO.

And no, I am not a VVIP. The people at Hermes seem to like me. I do not go in and buy things by the basketful. But I do send them a lot of business in terms of referrals. I choose stuff for a lot of my friends and I usually ring the store with confirmed orders. Less hassle of dealing with the client and their own confusions directly, I guess. But I am so happy. They tell me that it wil be a shorter wait than my last Birkin......and that one only took 8 months.

The only shocker is the price. The 50cm Birkin in Chevre de Coromandel in Bleu Indido and Cocoan chevre lining and Palladiu Guilloche hardware is estimated to come up to close to 38000 Malaysian Ringgit. That's just over 10000 USD. We have to pay so much more here in Asia.:crybaby:

Eric, your Birkin sounds amazing, I'd love to see a pic of it when you get it.
I love men with Birkins, not many can pull it off, but the ones I've seen carrying one with style are SO glamourous!

Wow, Eric! $10000 for a 50cm. For that amount of money, you could fly to France and pick one off the shelf and still have money left over. You better go over that order with the manager. I have never seen a 50cm in chevre. I just don't know if the skins are big enough. Also, I'm not sure if it's available in indigo. The biggest chevre Birkin I've seen was a 40cm, also on a gentleman. He is a client of my SA and we met at the store and had the most fun picking a Birkin for himself. He ended up purchasing a 50cm in rouge garance clemence. He fell in love with the size so much, he purchased another a few months later. Eric, the 50cm are usually lined in toile to keep the weight down, just keep that in mind.

BTW, Katel, a fjord 50cm would be EXTREMELY heavy. My store has 50cm's in togo and clemence all the time and they are heavy even empty. Mind you, I'm a very strong girl.

Granted, I don't have a 45 Birkin in fjord, just a tiny 31 Bolide, but it is as light as my gulliver Bolide and lighter than my 32 and 35 box Kellys.

And excuse me! It's VERY stiff and hard! :P I cannot see it slouching, ever. (But that may be a result of the bag design more than the leather itself). I love fjord.
Not just the bag, Katel. I was told that fjord stays very stiff too.:yes:

Eric, congrats on placing your order! It will be truly a truly gorgeous bag!! :drool: Do you have any idea when you will fiund out if it's been accepted? Reason I ask is that I was told in Paris that they're not accepting any orders SO's for chevre birkins... But perhaps that's just for the "off the street" customer, not VIPS (?)

Eric, congrats on placing your order! It will be truly a truly gorgeous bag!! :drool: Do you have any idea when you will fiund out if it's been accepted? Reason I ask is that I was told in Paris that they're not accepting any orders SO's for chevre birkins... But perhaps that's just for the "off the street" customer, not VIPS (?)

Not sure about it though. The manager I spoke to seemed to have 'the book' on what can and cannot be done this year. And she says that it is possible. I don't think I am a VIP though, heheh,...I know a few people in KL who buy a croc - each year! The last time I sae a matte croc kelly 28 in the store, it had a whopping USD28888 price tag - approximately 104000 Malaysian Ringgit!

I would love to fly to Paris to pick up a Birkin. Actually, that IS a thought. Does anyone here know anyone I can call in Paris? Any phone numbers? Or if anyone knows the price? I would suffer economy class for the 16 hour flight just to get it faster; dang, I'd sleep outside of Hermes until they opened(Flight from Malaysia gets in at about quarter to seven in the morning in Paris). Will check prices for flights. The more I type, the more serious I am about a trip like this. I'm the sort of person who takes forever and a day to decide what it is I want. But when I DO know what I want, I want it immediately....LOL.

yes, just go get your birkin in Paris Eric, that will be totally adventurous !!!! I'm no help with phone number, address, or sa, but i do remember i read somewhere here that when you go to france, make sure that you're be in store within around 2-3 pm coz that is when they firstly delivered their bags to the paris stores !!!! Good luck with your trip.

Just got off the line with an SA in the 24 Fauborg store(Yes, getting desperate!). The price difference is HUGE!! The price of a fjord 50cm is 6350Euros! That's close to 3000US Dollars in difference! I could easily fly in, stay a couple of nights, have a few nice meals AND get some detaxe change for snacks on the way home. Oh dear.....But I ordered it already! What do I tell the manager of the store I ordered from?

Just got off the line with an SA in the 24 Fauborg store(Yes, getting desperate!). The price difference is HUGE!! The price of a fjord 50cm is 6350Euros! That's close to 3000US Dollars in difference! I could easily fly in, stay a couple of nights, have a few nice meals AND get some detaxe change for snacks on the way home. Oh dear.....But I ordered it already! What do I tell the manager of the store I ordered from?
Tell him that your sweetheart surprised you with your dreambag for your anniversary. And then get that butt of yours on a plane to Paris!