Non-Exotic Leather Pricing.

Hi Eric.
I think it would be difficult to prevent the edges of a 50cm birkin from being scruffed. So while CdC is a great looking leather, it is probably not as easy to maintain in great condition as fjord, especially the corners of the bag.

Just a thot

I agree with archangel.

I have 32 Hac in Fjord and this bag is def. a great bag for a work bag! Not sloughy either, it holds the shape for sure.:heart: This is why we called Fjord as a workhorse leather.:yes:
Good luck on your decision Eric. I am excited for you!:nuts:

Oh dear......it appears that a trip to Paris might be on the agenda in the next couple of months. I just came back from ten days in Singapore and Bangkok. I'm gonna get fired.

Wow, fjord is back in!! Eric, this is so exciting!! I am just on the edge of my seat to see what you come up with. How will we all wait!??

I am glad you came clean with your SA about your SO, it just seems better in the long run to have things on the up an up as much as possible. You can bring your SA a nice present from Paris, ooh la la!!

Thanks for including us in the fun, Eric!!

Hi Eric,

I too have fallen for the 50cm Birkin in 2 occassions. Just love the herringbone canvas they use as lining which makes an interesting contrast for the interior. The straps are also wider and the handles shorter. I got them in gold VL and gold clemence. My only complaint is the weight of these bags are really heavy even when empty. It must be due to the wider base which is composed of multiple layers of leather to support the bottom of the bag. The bottom of the bag is guaranteed not to warp. Also, I find it more prone to scuffs on the edges where the leather pipings are. I wish they would make the 50cm in a less wide base. Lately, I've been carrying my 35cm birkins more than the 50cm ones. Saw one in a black porosus with gold hardware at local H store recently.

Good luck on your 50cm birkin purchase.

J.

Eric,

I was just going through some PMs I wrote from paris earlier this month. I mentioned how lovely the fjord was in INDIGO. So if you are still thinking of this colour, go for it! It is definitely available & a stylish alternative to black. :yes:

Eric, congrats on placing your order! It will be truly a truly gorgeous bag!! :drool: Do you have any idea when you will fiund out if it's been accepted? Reason I ask is that I was told in Paris that they're not accepting any orders SO's for chevre birkins... But perhaps that's just for the "off the street" customer, not VIPS (?)

xquisite - my store manager told me the very same thing upon their return from Paris. No chevre orders. And depending on the colour, that includes small accessories, too.

Will be making discreet enquiries in Paris via friends living there. Am determined to get it this year. And I am told that the sales tax is about 10% here in Malaysia.....but the difference is almost 10000 Malaysian Ringgit - which will pay for my short(very!) holiday and long plane ride to Paris. i am not particular about the hardware as indigo, like black, will go with either.

Will keep everyone informed. Thank you all so very much! Am pleased to know, in fact, that chevre is out of the question for now. Saves me the disappointment of having to wait months and months and then be told that it is impossible. It is definitely going to have to be Fjord.