No More Bags!

Inky Paws said:
Okay so now we have a bag interventin going on, but what about being so addicted to this blog!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm not gettin any work done anymore as I spend all of my time obsessing on this board! I've been seriously wondering if Vlad could block me out for a week until I got things caught back up! I'm self employed anfd hey I need to get my butt working so I can make some money to buy more bags. Hummmmm, I eeerrrrrr mean save some money for a rainy day.
I agree - I'm not only addicted to bags, but I'm addicted to this blog too! Every second I get I'm checking it. Even at home before I go to bed, I'll sneak on the computer while everyone's asleep!

ginaf20697 said:
Thankfully 10% of my paycheck goes into the company savings plan before I ever see it. I also need to start selling some of the bags I never use on Ebay. Probably will work on that project this weekend.

Sell bags on Ebay ASAP. THEN save that money away!

Cristina said:
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I wanted to write up a "contract" and sign it in front of the bf, stating that I would not buy a new bag for 90 days, until my birthday on May 3. But then I ordered the LV agenda... it's not a bag, but my self control went out the window as soon as the SA called me back saying she had found one. At least I'm using the money I will get from selling the vintage Speedy 25. After this, I think I will take a break. Or so I tell myself that.

It does feel good to get a new bag, but I think what feels even better is knowing that your student loans are being paid off, or that you don't have a huge balance on your credit card from going bag crazy.

YES--a convert! So no Wisteria Spy or Honey Spy for you! :lol:

wickedassin said:
YES. But then you'd spend money. No jars of glitter. Just free fireworks, shiny pieces of metal that you can find on the ground, and all those shiny pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters you can collect.

Find a penny, pick it up, and all day you'll have good luck!

Greendrv said:
:lol: excellent idea, wickedassin! I've been thinking about making my 2005 Roth IRA contributions, and this is just the motivation that I needed (I am still smarting after making all my estimated KY state tax payments before Jan 31). No more bags!!! I need to save for a cross country move, and a house down payment!!!

My name is Grace, and I'm a bag-a-holic! I don't really want to total up how much I've spent on handbags in the past year... it would make me weep! :shame:

It's still not too late for the 2005 contribution--just get it in before April 15. AND if you happen to miss it--don't spend the money, put it in anyways and it'll count towards 2006. :amuse:

fayden said:
well they couldn't cancel it, so i'm basically have to wait till i get it, then ship it back because they said it was too late in the order process, which i don't understand because it's been 5 days and i still haven't gotten the tracking number????

but yes, it's going to be refunded.

Who did you order it from?

his angel said:
my masters scholorship kicks in next month and a month after that I get my first paycheck ..... that's good right? the bad thing is .....

I am already on the waiting list for:

Dior Gaucho in Bourdoex
Fendi Spy Satchel in Chocolate
Balenciaga City in Lilac or Rose
Chanel Classic in Black
MJ Stam in Ivory

I NEEEEED to be on your list!!!!!!! :sad:

Is this your first paycheck ever?!? If so, you can use it on a splurge so it's something memorable. BUT if it's just the first paycheck of a new job--NO PURSE FOR YOU. And those are WAYYYYYY too many purses. At most you can get one. So evaluate which would be the best investment. Then you should put some of those paychecks away into a Roth IRA or another savings account. :P

Inky Paws said:
Okay so now we have a bag interventin going on, but what about being so addicted to this blog!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm not gettin any work done anymore as I spend all of my time obsessing on this board! I've been seriously wondering if Vlad could block me out for a week until I got things caught back up! I'm self employed anfd hey I need to get my butt working so I can make some money to buy more bags. Hummmmm, I eeerrrrrr mean save some money for a rainy day.

Being addicted to the blog is ok. If you're not earning money--you won't be able to buy bags--then my mission is complete! :amuse:

Just teasing, I know what you mean... This place IS addicting. I check it way too much!

LOL! I always think I'm done with the last bag...but then another comes out and I can't resist!

But yes, my bf has been pressuring me to invest. ...to get more bags in the future? hehe...I can take it easier if I look at it that way.

blushingbaby said:
LOL! I always think I'm done with the last bag...but then another comes out and I can't resist!

But yes, my bf has been pressuring me to invest. ...to get more bags in the future? hehe...I can take it easier if I look at it that way.

Yup. You wanna still be able to buy those hot bags when you're 65+.

wickedassin said:
Is this your first paycheck ever?!? If so, you can use it on a splurge so it's something memorable. BUT if it's just the first paycheck of a new job--NO PURSE FOR YOU. And those are WAYYYYYY too many purses. At most you can get one. So evaluate which would be the best investment. Then you should put some of those paychecks away into a Roth IRA or another savings account. :P

awww come onnnnn!!!!!! please? it's not fair!!! :sad:

and no its not my first paycheck ever :smile: .. my country gives us scholorships that come with monthly paychecks .. around 400-600 pounds .. so this paycheck is extra money for me ....

plus ... all my past paychecks from my job are in a stock account ... i only take about 25% of the check and the rest goes into a stock account ... this money i dont even know how much it is now! :S my brother works for the back that my account is in and he changed my passowords and details so that i wont be able to access that money! poo to him! :P but at least i know i have money that is working for me while i am here on this forum :biggrin: this money will go into real estate some day .. something for my kids to inherit heheheh

plusssssssssssssss my husband and i have savings accounts for both our kids ... each month something from my paycheck and his goes into it ....

Plusssssss we have investments towards our future, the kids, retirement ..... etc.

with all that said .... NOW can i have all those bags???? please??? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: <== sounding all angely and cute :biggrin::biggrin: