No More Bags!

Irissy said:
YES MADDAM!!! :biggrin: I already consolidated my fed loans last year. ::whew:: The interest rate is a nice 2 point something percent and it's locked in! And I know real estate price in Cali is a total *****.

Not to mention the property taxes on top of that...a modest home now a days has a tax bill of about 10,000 a year!

wickedassin said:
You can shoot for the Edith, especially since I enabled you to a bunch of stores... But no credit cards is a HUGE thing. Good for you! And don't just open the BG card cause they you promise a gazillion points for some point program or so you can get advanced notice of sales or for 10% off--it's a TRICK. But once you get the Edith--NO MORE FOR YOU TOO.

We sooo need to do this...hubby pays them off every month (he hasn't paid interest on cc cards in over 18 years...but the bill every month still takes a chunk out of the 'ol bank account. :evil:

wickedassin said:
Maybe I have a convert?;)

Oh, I'm all over it! LOL I am diagnosed ocd (eek!) and if I have someone other than hubby (which when he disapproves only makes me want to go and get something all that much more) to help me out....I'll take all the help I can get! :biggrin:

I just thank God that we had enough gumption to buy our home in the real estate slump at the end of 1996. Our home has gone up in value almost 4 x's over. I love our mortgage. :P

Bjara said:
We sooo need to do this...hubby pays them off every month (he hasn't paid interest on cc cards in over 18 years...but the bill every month still takes a chunk out of the 'ol bank account. :evil:

I think it's ok to have credit cards as long as you pay off the bill at the end of the month--just like your hubby does. It's one of the BEST lessons my dad taught me.

oh man! look what i missed out on. ok after i get my birthday bag, no more for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yell at me if you have to. PM me until i can't take it anymore. LOL.

fayden said:
oh man! look what i missed out on. ok after i get my birthday bag, no more for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yell at me if you have to. PM me until i can't take it anymore. LOL.

You DID cancel your Fendi Hologram Hobo order--so you do get credit for that. Now are you going to find a replacement? I guess you can get a bag for the 25th birthday... But nothing too extravagent--save that one for 50 :P

well they couldn't cancel it, so i'm basically have to wait till i get it, then ship it back because they said it was too late in the order process, which i don't understand because it's been 5 days and i still haven't gotten the tracking number????

but yes, it's going to be refunded.

Thankfully 10% of my paycheck goes into the company savings plan before I ever see it. I also need to start selling some of the bags I never use on Ebay. Probably will work on that project this weekend.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I wanted to write up a "contract" and sign it in front of the bf, stating that I would not buy a new bag for 90 days, until my birthday on May 3. But then I ordered the LV agenda... it's not a bag, but my self control went out the window as soon as the SA called me back saying she had found one. At least I'm using the money I will get from selling the vintage Speedy 25. After this, I think I will take a break. Or so I tell myself that.

It does feel good to get a new bag, but I think what feels even better is knowing that your student loans are being paid off, or that you don't have a huge balance on your credit card from going bag crazy.

star3777 said:
My eyes are spinning!:lol: GOODNIGHT LADIES! Dreaming in shiny star world....Gucci Gucci Goo!:lol:

Hahaha :lol: Off topic, but that reminded me of this seminar I attended a couple of weeks ago where the guest speaker was a feng shui expert. She made us medidate (or something!) (she even had them dim the lights in the venue) and she can't on talking about feng shui helping us get "Good chi" and how we all want "good chi".. and then my brain kept on answering yes, we want gucci.. gucci...

:lol: excellent idea, wickedassin! I've been thinking about making my 2005 Roth IRA contributions, and this is just the motivation that I needed (I am still smarting after making all my estimated KY state tax payments before Jan 31). No more bags!!! I need to save for a cross country move, and a house down payment!!!

My name is Grace, and I'm a bag-a-holic! I don't really want to total up how much I've spent on handbags in the past year... it would make me weep! :shame:

my masters scholorship kicks in next month and a month after that I get my first paycheck ..... that's good right? the bad thing is .....

I am already on the waiting list for:

Dior Gaucho in Bourdoex
Fendi Spy Satchel in Chocolate
Balenciaga City in Lilac or Rose
Chanel Classic in Black
MJ Stam in Ivory

I NEEEEED to be on your list!!!!!!! :sad:

Okay so now we have a bag interventin going on, but what about being so addicted to this blog!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm not gettin any work done anymore as I spend all of my time obsessing on this board! I've been seriously wondering if Vlad could block me out for a week until I got things caught back up! I'm self employed anfd hey I need to get my butt working so I can make some money to buy more bags. Hummmmm, I eeerrrrrr mean save some money for a rainy day.