New packaging

Omg i clicked reply on the wrong thing and i dont know how to fix it. I emailed van cleef at a general email at the bottom of their website to complain. They gave me a canned response that its for the environment but will pass on my feedback. They did not offer to send any travel pouch or box or anything.

I read on this thread that customers emailed online CS to ask for a pouch, so that’s what I did. While I am not happy with how VCA is handling this, I figured it best to simply ask online for the pouch and hope for the best. I did express concerns to my SA, albeit only after asking for the pouch and being told there was non in store. Maybe give it a few weeks and try again, this time simply asking for the pouch?
I emailed them yesterday inquiring about a travel pouch for my new 10 Motif. This is the response I received this morning:

Thank you for your message to Van Cleef & Arpels.
With careful consideration, our Maison has discontinued travel pouches and cleaning cloths to align with our global conservation principles. Here at the Van Cleef & Arpels e-boutique, all of the remaining travel pouches we had in our offices have been shared with clients and we do not have remaining pouches.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your patronage of our Maison.

:annoyed: :tdown: :crybaby:

I emailed them yesterday inquiring about a travel pouch for my new 10 Motif. This is the response I received this morning:

Thank you for your message to Van Cleef & Arpels.
With careful consideration, our Maison has discontinued travel pouches and cleaning cloths to align with our global conservation principles. Here at the Van Cleef & Arpels e-boutique, all of the remaining travel pouches we had in our offices have been shared with clients and we do not have remaining pouches.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your patronage of our Maison.

:annoyed: :tdown: :crybaby:
Sorry but that’s just ridiculous!

• Sad
Reactions: sunshineshiney
@blinggirl74 Totally!! If anything, they should provide it to their client upon request?

I'm on my 10th VCA purchase and this was the FIRST time I received a cleaning cloth
:whut:

I got the new (but not so new anymore) packaging with my HP. I really like it for pendants and prefer it, but I would not be happy if I got this packaging for the higher priced items…

I have also just received the same conservation language when requesting a travel pouch, as I did not receive one with purchase, it was my first purchase from VCA, and I travel frequently.

I don't like to exaggerate, but this just feels so cheap... I can't imagine a cloth/pouch costs much to make, and on the basis that I'll just end up buy one from another manufacturer - as I'd like to protect my expensive purchase - and this will be shipped to me, with additional packaging, I am unclear what VCA's approach is conserving (especially as VCA online advises they are now "sold out" of pouches, so there is no excess/waste from their prior approach). IMO it's little things like this that differentiate a luxury brand.

I also didn't receive any gifts with my in-store purchase, but I understand some customers continue to receive small extra items. When they stop giving these I will consider their conservation efforts more seriously.

I must have gotten lucky today, as I managed to receive an elusive travel pouch in the boutique! It wasn't even with a new purchase, either--they gave me one to take home the earrings I was having soldered. Maybe they found one in the back room somewhere...
I've gotten travel pouches with each necklace that came back from lengthening in the last couple of months - three of them. I was surprised!

My experience recently on the packaging:

In October 2023 I purchased a LE piece in the Hong Kong flagship and was told I can either pick the travel pouch or the traditional box as that's their new mandate (and is in line with what I heard from other friends who made purchases this year), I picked the travel pouch and the SA gifted me the cleaning cloth (which i've never received before in any of my VCA purchases).

In November 2023 I purchased the HP at my local VCA and to my surprise I wasn't asked to select and was given the travel pouch and the traditional box (but as always no cleaning cloth).

So I don't really know what the norm is anymore, I think my SA at the local boutique hooked it up per se by giving me both, and because I didn't know a cleaning cloth existed I never asked for one lol

I bought a bracelet recently, and I asked for a travel pouch. The SA said either a hard box or a travel pouch which one do I want.

I told her I wanted both… She did not seem too pleased with my answer, but she packaged my new bracelet in the box and gave me the travel pouch inside the shopping bag.

I bought a bracelet recently, and I asked for a travel pouch. The SA said either a hard box or a travel pouch which one do I want.

I told her I wanted both… She did not seem too pleased with my answer, but she packaged my new bracelet in the box and gave me the travel pouch inside the shopping bag.
Im so glad you asked for what you want and got it! Which store did you buy from?

Reactions: Roshika