New MK bags made of bonded leather

3ddc6c60ca4abef6c44db6c31ead5c11.jpg
fd7e510f763fecbe79dc76f70d397c9c.jpg
0fa8e77754f923b86b863389259e21a9.jpg
6e4dc4ad5c814512d00232b6754ed42c.jpg

Found these doing a search on bonded leather bags [emoji44]
These MUST be bonded to leather like the Miranda right?!

Since it appears that other designer bags are being made of bonded leather, I want to know just what type of bonded leather is being used for purses. Some of these bags cost thousands of dollars & I'm not spending that kind of money for a bonded leather bag, no matter whose name is on it.

Since it appears that other designer bags are being made of bonded leather, I want to know just what type of bonded leather is being used for purses. Some of these bags cost thousands of dollars & I'm not spending that kind of money for a bonded leather bag, no matter whose name is on it.
Amen! I don't plan on buying any bags made of bonded leather...period.

Reading stuff like this makes me glad I've started to branch out and explore some other designers - like Dooney. For the amount of money the bags cost I want real leather!

Totally agree! And to think the Mercer bag actually grabbed my attention, something none of the other newer MK styles have done since the Selma. I moved away from MK because of quality issues and to know now that they may or may not be using bonded leather is puts me off even more. I'd love to believe it's just pebbled leather bonded to saffiano, but with how all companies want to cut corners, I have a hard time believing it isn't the "leather mulch" definition of bonded leather. The fact that they aren't being very forward about what kind of leather this really is is telling, imo.

So what's this new Mercer on the Macy's website now? It's called the Studio Mercer Large Convertible Tote, and says the exterior is pebble leather and the interior is polyester.
It's back on the mk website labelled the same way, too. I know that there are parts of the interior lining that is polyester like the entire middle compartment.

I've went in to Macy's to check it out .. (the mercer bags) and I liked the look and feel. I would never purchase one at full price. I found a pre-loved mercer in plum, comes with strap, tags, dustbag and the only sign of use is the hardware at the bottom which has scratches. It was more than half off with my 30% coupon from mercari.

I wouldn't be surprised if it IS the bonded leather that is a mixture of different leathers because of the price of the bag online and in Macys. However, I think that because I live in California and the weather is neither overly hot or overly cold the bag will hold up just fine. I personally HATE the feel of his saffiano leathers. I had a selma and loved it but I felt their saffiano wallets and it becomes sticky or feels weird overtime. I love the pebbled leather (bonded? or not? who knows?) on the mercer and I truly beleive it could just be that it means bonded as in it is bonded to the saffiano leather. Either way I ll let you ladies know how it holds up once I receive it!

Here's something interesting... went on Macys.com and chose the option of "chat with Michael Kors expert" and she was explaining to me the information listed about the mercer bag. From her words she said that the pebbled leather is 100% leather and not made of anything else nor is it made of scraps of leather. What she did say though, is that it is bonded with PVC material since it is unlined. That was interesting. I asked her what PVC was (I already know it's similar to PU leather aka fake leather not saffiano leather) and she told me "a high quality synethic material". So I think it could lean more towards a real leather on the exterior (pebbled leather) and then the PVC inside is what it's bonded to. Still will update once I get the bag just sharing what I could find out...

Here's something interesting... went on Macys.com and chose the option of "chat with Michael Kors expert" and she was explaining to me the information listed about the mercer bag. From her words she said that the pebbled leather is 100% leather and not made of anything else nor is it made of scraps of leather. What she did say though, is that it is bonded with PVC material since it is unlined. That was interesting. I asked her what PVC was (I already know it's similar to PU leather aka fake leather not saffiano leather) and she told me "a high quality synethic material". So I think it could lean more towards a real leather on the exterior (pebbled leather) and then the PVC inside is what it's bonded to. Still will update once I get the bag just sharing what I could find out...

Would be interesting to find out for sure. I would be most concerned about which products to use on it, because if you use a leather product on a synthetic leather it can cause peeling. I wonder if you emailed Michael kors customer service directly?

Would be interesting to find out for sure. I would be most concerned about which products to use on it, because if you use a leather product on a synthetic leather it can cause peeling. I wonder if you emailed Michael kors customer service directly?

Somewhere on this forum there's a CS situation I posted during the BF sales. I'm not dealing with MK.com or MK CS because their service is absolutely horrible. If a woman who works for and represents Michael Kors can legitimately tell me that I bought a bag from outlets at sucha good discount because of the flaws (although the bag was brand new brought from the back which was previously from Macy's, wrapped hardware and tissue paper everywhere) and try to belittle me.... I certainly wouldn't trust any MK CS agent from here on out.

Also- I used to work in retail and I used to work at a company that shall remain nameless and they would tell us to reword things differently. In a way to make it sound 'nicer than it is'. So thats a red flag.

Sorry, one last rant here, I just purchased from Mercari and I found out after entering the tracking no. that it's being shipped from a city 45 minutes away from me. FedEx Smartpost shows it is now at a location 30 min away from me but won't be delivered until the 3rd-4th :smile:

Arrgh

Somewhere on this forum there's a CS situation I posted during the BF sales. I'm not dealing with MK.com or MK CS because their service is absolutely horrible. If a woman who works for and represents Michael Kors can legitimately tell me that I bought a bag from outlets at sucha good discount because of the flaws (although the bag was brand new brought from the back which was previously from Macy's, wrapped hardware and tissue paper everywhere) and try to belittle me.... I certainly wouldn't trust any MK CS agent from here on out.

Also- I used to work in retail and I used to work at a company that shall remain nameless and they would tell us to reword things differently. In a way to make it sound 'nicer than it is'. So thats a red flag.

Sorry, one last rant here, I just purchased from Mercari and I found out after entering the tracking no. that it's being shipped from a city 45 minutes away from me. FedEx Smartpost shows it is now at a location 30 min away from me but won't be delivered until the 3rd-4th :smile:

Arrgh
Uhgggg that's too bad!
I really feel Michael kors has gone down lately. I went into a store last week, was not impressed, nothing looked as good as it used to. I was not happy with the sales associates either. --- wouldn't surprise me if they say whatever to make the bonded leather sound nicer ... it's simply not the case, if it is actually bonded leather (ie what couches are made of) -I think I talked about this already in this forum- it will simply not hold up as well as pure leather bags!!
My couch is now starting to show some wear which I am not happy about

Uhgggg that's too bad!
I really feel Michael kors has gone down lately. I went into a store last week, was not impressed, nothing looked as good as it used to. I was not happy with the sales associates either. --- wouldn't surprise me if they say whatever to make the bonded leather sound nicer ... it's simply not the case, if it is actually bonded leather (ie what couches are made of) -I think I talked about this already in this forum- it will simply not hold up as well as pure leather bags!!
My couch is now starting to show some wear which I am not happy about

Oh yeah I definitely agree. Some SA's I have come across experience some serious burnout and it shows. Don't work for a brand you're not fond of, it shows. But I did see your comment on the bonded leather couch! I have taken many of the complaints with a grain of salt only because I know how I treat my bags and the weather in California is never too drastic. I should get this back next week and can give an all around view of it.

Definitely don't pay $298+ for a bonded leather bag (if it's true according to the previous posts) however, because it's a bag and not a couch...I think it should be fine? The couch gets tons of use I bet and the bag won't be sat on or anything. Also, in a previous post it was shown that even premier designers are using bonded leather.

Im still confused about it all lol. Because why would premiere designers use bonded leather? Why are the price points so different if it's not that great of quality in the first place? So many questions and not enough answers lol