New 2024 Le City - What do we think?

i already wrote in another thread but since this is a dedicated one i'll throw my 2 cents in

saw them in the Galeries Lafayette in Paris and i literally jumped as i was totally unprepared to see classic Cities back on the shelves :giggle:
i bought a City S in pure white.
distributor is not there anymore, thank god, and the strap is a very good length (down to the hip, i'm 1,64 cm) and it's adjustable.
leather is the same as it was on all recent Cities, very soft, very lightweight but coated. After a few uses it will smooth and soften and turn into normal agneau.
i wore mine once already, a few unobvious changes - the zipper strap is no longer hanging down like rabbit ears.
the tassels are just 2 - one on the top zipper and on on the front pocket zipper pull. Tassels became shorter.
handles have no cord, but leather strap stitching.
there's no mirror.
overall conclusion - i like the bag, it's still a timeless classic, and great functionality bag.

i already wrote in another thread but since this is a dedicated one i'll throw my 2 cents in

saw them in the Galeries Lafayette in Paris and i literally jumped as i was totally unprepared to see classic Cities back on the shelves :giggle:
i bought a City S in pure white.
distributor is not there anymore, thank god, and the strap is a very good length (down to the hip, i'm 1,64 cm) and it's adjustable.
leather is the same as it was on all recent Cities, very soft, very lightweight but coated. After a few uses it will smooth and soften and turn into normal agneau.
i wore mine once already, a few unobvious changes - the zipper strap is no longer hanging down like rabbit ears.
the tassels are just 2 - one on the top zipper and on on the front pocket zipper pull. Tassels became shorter.
handles have no cord, but leather strap stitching.
there's no mirror.
overall conclusion - i like the bag, it's still a timeless classic, and great functionality bag.
Looking forward to seeing how your leather wears in over time.

Reactions: Rose100
i must say i sprayed it over 2-3 times with Mulberry's suggested Carbon Lite for stain and water repel effect, but i don't feel any tactile change, just hoping it will protect and keep my white beauty in pristine condition as long as possible :biggrin:
I could never carry white, I'd be too worrried! But I've long admired white Bals, and it's perfect for your climate.

Reactions: ksuromax
@Rose100 Thanks for the breakdown on your thread. I'm sorry that it didn't work out. I think if I had the original it would have to blow me away to keep too.

I have the small Le City in Silver on hold (sold out online UK). I'm going to check it out next week. I don't have old Le City to compare it to so it will literally be just on its own merits and whether it will fit my personal style and wardrobe. I think the silver will be the best colour year round, even though I have been after a yellow bag, it's possibly not the right shade for me.

Let's talk prices. LC is almost £1.8K. I almost bought a Saint Laurent SDJ at the same price last year but couldn't deal with the brand name on the outside of the bag, the two Ferregamos with double handles were in the same price-point, and the Gucci Diana I like is more than £1.3K more. Every new bag I look a ridiculous price. I appreciate that many on the Bal forum have several examples of each Moto bag whereas I only have a single atypical example. At least I will be adding something a bit different to my collection that hopefully could be consider a set (as in they're both silver).

I've had a Holiday 2009(?) mirror-leather Bowling from new that I use as a travel bag. The mirror leather has held up very well and hasn't peeled. I've found silver to be a good neutral for me and I still absolutely love the bag, I remember at the time I was quite alone in my taste because people felt it too structured against the usual Motos. I have quite a bit of catwalk NG RTW, mostly from 03-06 (no Moto jackets though). I think the LC may be good for people like me that can't hover over preloved sites (especially non-UK ones) and who intend to wear and wear, not to collect. The cracked finish is a bonus IMO, kind of roughs it up and gives it more presence, one of the Ferragamos I tried was mirror finish, but in a small bag it kind of got lost.

Here's hoping I can join @ksuromax

Last edited:
Reactions: Deco and ksuromax
actually, City S Silver was MY choice, i was ready to get it, but as i was accompanied by my DH and DD i had to listen to their opinions, too, and my DD (who is an artist/painter, and i do trust her taste) said that with all the silver i wear on me (i swear, i don't know how i got to the point that it's 1 bloody kg total weight now!!) it will look 'tacky', so i had to stop and take a second look at myself in the mirror.
and i had to agree that white probably was a better choice.
but that's ME, with tons (literally, lol) of silver pieces (bracelets, chains, rings, etc) worn as a part of my daily look

actually, City S Silver was MY choice, i was ready to get it, but as i was accompanied by my DH and DD i had to listen to their opinions, too, and my DD (who is an artist/painter, and i do trust her taste) said that with all the silver i wear on me (i swear, i don't know how i got to the point that it's 1 bloody kg total weight now!!) it will look 'tacky', so i had to stop and take a second look at myself in the mirror.
and i had to agree that white probably was a better choice.
but that's ME, with tons (literally, lol) of silver pieces (bracelets, chains, rings, etc) worn as a part of my daily look

Ah ok, that's interesting :yes:

You know, that's a very good point! I have a couple of friends that are 'silver ladies', one rock goddess and another hip-hop queen, every finger, lots of necklaces and bangles too, and I can see that maybe the silver for all day, every day may be too silver ' heavy'. I wear mixed metals, a lot of ring stacks, (sometimes white metals for eves) but visual weight would only be on my fingers, and fingers are close to the bag, so there's concentration of metal. If I do get it, I'll remember not to wear too much other silver unless for Holiday time of year.

The silver LC is a real, in-yer-face, cracked-mirror silver, no blending, unlike @Rose100 's which is more subtle.

Anyway @ksuromax you make me excited, please post some mod pics of/with your white if/when you can.

The silver LC is a real, in-yer-face, cracked-mirror silver, no blending, unlike @Rose100 's which is more subtle.
Which one was subtle?
The one @fayden posted, from the Madison store, looked subtle enough to make me pull the trigger.
IMG_4383.jpeg

What I got was about as subtle as an air horn.

I’m thinking it was just the lighting in the first photo that made it look that way.

IMG_4315.jpeg

Which one was subtle?
The one @fayden posted, from the Madison store, looked subtle enough to make me pull the trigger.
View attachment 5988162

What I got was about as subtle as an air horn.

I’m thinking it was just the lighting in the first photo that made it look that way.

View attachment 5988163
Yeah I saw these bags in person yesterday in the Philpps Plaza Balenciaga store, the leather on the metallic silver was the worst I ever felt. The green one was the softest and puffier than the other colors.