New 2024 Le City - What do we think?

I have a feeling the leather is just like the moto bags were when they were discontinued a few years ago- stiff, painted-on looking and plasticy, with a tendency to dry out and peel/fade with wear.
Nearly $3000 could buy quite a few older bags with the silky, chewy Chevre instead one of these.
Even some of the dyed through and pampered Angeaus blow away these glazed donut bags.

1712430456914.png

I got the medium black and I love it! I sold all my city bags in the past and definitely regretted it because it was such a good everyday bag and was so excited when it got released! Are there differences? Yes. There is no mirror attached and the strap for the medium is not long at all. The leather isn't very soft but I like the fact that I can "use" this bag and it'll still look good. Everything else reminds me of my old cities and I just love it. It is lightweight and functions just the same. Maybe I'm the odd person out but it brings back good memories for me! Considering the small purple to add to my collection.

I got the medium black and I love it! I sold all my city bags in the past and definitely regretted it because it was such a good everyday bag and was so excited when it got released! Are there differences? Yes. There is no mirror attached and the strap for the medium is not long at all. The leather isn't very soft but I like the fact that I can "use" this bag and it'll still look good. Everything else reminds me of my old cities and I just love it. It is lightweight and functions just the same. Maybe I'm the odd person out but it brings back good memories for me! Considering the small purple to add to my collection.
Congratulations! And thanks for the real-life comparison.

I definitely want a black one! I sold all mine, too, from back in the day. I think the black looks great!

Is the medium similar in size to the old city?

Agree with what you all have said. I saw the new green bag earlier and also noticed the shades of cult fav pistachio. Sad to see all the things we love about the older bags go even further away.

• Insightful
Reactions: protein_
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.42.58 AM.png
Campaign photo!

"On April 11th, 2024, Balenciaga reintroduces one of its most iconic product lines, Le City, available in selected stores worldwide and on balenciaga.com. First launched in 2001, Le City has become synonymous with an era and a lifestyle, known for its enigmatic maximalist yet practical approach. Over twenty years since its initial debut, Le City makes a comeback as a reconstituted icon.

To celebrate the launch, Balenciaga unveils a campaign of portraits shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti that highlights Balenciaga’s newly reintroduced Le City—an early aughts design that informed part of the brand’s current vocabulary.

The series features British fashion icon Kate Moss, Danish model Mona Tougaard, Chinese actress and singer Yang Chaoyue, and Korean singer Juyeon. The individuality of each talent is foregrounded against a grey background in striking still images and videos.

To reimagine the line, numerous archival City styles were studied and remodeled, effecting an amalgamation of the original’s accumulated attitudes. The bag’s handassembled, 25-panel construction replicates vintage versions, using the same dimensions of exterior and interior layers. Its defining features include reinforced corners with small metal buckles, thimble-like studs that form a distinctive design across the body of the bag, numerous interior and exterior pockets, and an overall aspect that gains a unique patina over time, giving it a timeless quality.

These characteristics, as well as the bag’s leather-strung zipper pulls and rivets have subsequently inspired the aesthetic of another Balenciaga line, Le Cagole, but Le City is created to echo the circa-2001 reference almost exactly, improved upon in terms of sustainable production.

Balenciaga Le City now comes in medium and small sizes, with adjustable shoulder and crossbody straps respectively. It is introduced in black, yellow, green, light purple, metallic steel grey, metallic silver, white, blue, and beige colorways."

IMO they should do a video where Kate shows her old Bal bags... :graucho:

Last edited:
Are we laughing because, after they gave up on the Moto bags, they returned to them?
Happy Monday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios