Nail Care chat thread!

On a related note, does anyone in the SF Bay Area know what's going on? I see we still have a tsunami warning . . . what exactly constitutes a "low-lying coastal area"? Am I supposed to be evacuating the pigpen? (*(oo)*)

Sea level or below.

In other news, the Santa Cruz Harbor apparently sustained some damage due to the tsunami.

The devastation is unbelievable. I have friends and coworkers busy trying to reach loved ones in Japan. My friends with family in Hawaii are reporting that they are ok.

My parents live about a mile from the ocean in SF and I know my mom is keeping her eye on the waves.

A tpf-er is currently in Hawaii on vacation, but reported this am that they were ok.

My mother and her boyfriend are in Japan doing some contract work at the Yokosuka naval base. It's further south (south of Tokyo) than where the earthquake and tsunami occured, so my understanding is they didn't get much other than some aftershock. I have yet to hear from either of them specifically due to the power outages, but a friend of theirs that lives not far from them contacted my mom's bf's daughter to let us know that they were safe.

I feel bad for being so relieved that they are safe and were unaffected when so many people on the northern part of the island have lost their homes, etc. and those persons and their families don't get to have the same feeling of relief.

I just got off the phone with my MIL. She's suppose to leave tomorrow on a Mexican Riviera cruise, and I was wondering if that was canceled. As of right now, cruise is still happening...

Me too. Drove down the coastline. Nothing too major. The wharf & Boardwalk are completely blocked off. The Harbor is blocked off too. It is PACKED down here.

^ Are you okay over there? I just heard one of the docks was destroyed at Santa Cruz harbor due to the tsunami waves. A man was swept out to sea while taking photos of the waves near Klamath River. Coast guards are still searching for him.

Yes, I am. The waves weren't too tall. I got lots of photos. Five foot waves seemed HUGE. I can't even imagine what a 20+ wave looks like.

If you're in the Bay Area, look for me on the news on Channel 7 or Channel 5. I was right between them. Can't miss me because I'm in a beanie with protruding horns.

A tpf-er is currently in Hawaii on vacation, but reported this am that they were ok.

My mother and her boyfriend are in Japan doing some contract work at the Yokosuka naval base. It's further south (south of Tokyo) than where the earthquake and tsunami occured, so my understanding is they didn't get much other than some aftershock. I have yet to hear from either of them specifically due to the power outages, but a friend of theirs that lives not far from them contacted my mom's bf's daughter to let us know that they were safe.

I feel bad for being so relieved that they are safe and were unaffected when so many people on the northern part of the island have lost their homes, etc. and those persons and their families don't get to have the same feeling of relief.

You should not feel bad for feeling relieved, I'm sure that's a very natural reaction. I hope your friend's family are safe.