My V-line, Zygoma, Genio and Faceliftsurgery at BRAUN (11-11-2022)

Correction:
I am currently 14 days from surgery day and still recovering. My usage of the word botch is not correct. I misused the word botched because I wasn't happy with how my nose looked after cast removal. It's currently day 14 of surgery and my nose is still very swollen and out of proportion to my face but I will need to see what the true results will look like in 6 months. The bridge was way higher than what I wanted. I am told the high straight bridge will eventually turn into a low slope. I will need to see how the nose will heal 6 months from this posting day. I will update this in the future months! Sorry for the confusion and thank you for understanding.
I hope that is what happens :sad: hopefully u dont get silenced by any parties. Best of luck to both of us ❤️

I was asked not to disclose the price in full detail, bit my translator negotiated very well and saved me about 6 Million KRW. Braun was thinking along with me and my budget and did the best they could.
I'm new to this site and can't find how to PM you. I would like to ask you a couple of questions and the price. Would you mind PMing me? Maybe then I can reply? Thank you so much!

Hey guys,

Just had surgery (zygoma, v-line, genioplasty and dual plane facelift) almost 2 weeks ago in South Korea. I ended up choosing the clinic Braun.

My goal is to give an open, honest and uncensored review below of what I have been through. I would like to thank all of you who have supported me and helped me on this forum to take that step and fly all the way to SK to make this happen.

I’m just one week post-op. This means it’s way too soon to say anything about healing or even final results. Keeping that in mind: here is what has happened since I’ve landed in South Korea.

Disclaimer:
1. Read the headlines if you just want to skip to the clinic of my choice-part.
2. A lot of things you probably already know. This is just how my experience as a rookie in SK was.
3. I’m going to post this in several parts because it’s too much text ;)

18 MONTHS BEFORE LEAVING TO SOUTH KOREA
Covid-19 turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I did not want to wait 2 weeks in quarantine in a hotel room in South Korea before even getting into consultations. So I decided to wait.

In that time I gathered as much info as I could. Purseforum lead to Kakaotalk chat rooms and down further into (what felt like) the rabbithole. It was fun, but a lot of times messy. Not knowing who to believe or what clinics to choose from.

July 2022 things changed. I had been invited to a couple of private rooms, where people shared their live results (daily photo updates) while being in South Korea. One of them was a very friendly chat rooms with just a couple of people who were kind and helpful. Rational thinking and relevant information made the decision to go suddenly a lot easier.

Also because in that same group, I had found two travel buddies. So I booked a flight in November. Little did I know that I had so many things to consider and prepare.

WEEKS BEFORE LEAVING SOUTH KOREA
Everyone in the group recommended having a good translator. And with a translator, they meant someone with extensive knowledge of the plastic surgery scene in SK. Someone who was neutral (not working for a specific clinic) and who was able to negotiate (in my country in Europe that ever happens).

Two translators who were popular (and booked months in advance) got mentioned a lot by their outstanding service in that group. I always am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to these things. But since I did not see myself negotiating with people who are going to cut in my face in my not-so-perfect English, I decided to book one: Brian.

Airbnb was quickly booked. My top priority was a clean and somewhat quiet room. Flight was also no problem.

I knew I wanted V-line surgery and also I was going to be on a liquid diet for a while. So I started to order my favorite protein powders and other healthy powders for those first nights.

All this time. Brian, who I had booked by then, answered my questions for months. For free. That increased trust, but still I was like: seeing is believing. The big question remained: what if this guy is just a promoter?
Thank you for sharing your journey! I'm looking into getting my face contouring and rhinoplasty. I'm new to this site and can't seem to find the PM button (icon) anywhere on my screen. Can you PM me and share what you paid for the surgery so that I have an idea of what to expect? Also, could you please share Brian's info? Thank you so much!!

Thanks Rhinoking, and sure thing. I'll DM you the details

I was asked not to disclose the price in full detail, bit my translator negotiated very well and saved me about 6 Million KRW. Braun was thinking along with me and my budget and did the best they could.
Hello! I am going to Braun May 11 for consultation and surgery (Facial contouring, rhinoplasty and facelift). My fiance is coming with me to Korea. I have not booked other consultations other than with Braun and I am hesitant to tell them that. Do you think I could add you on instagram and use you as a resource for questions before my trip? Thanks so much!

Hello! I am going to Braun May 11 for consultation and surgery (Facial contouring, rhinoplasty and facelift). My fiance is coming with me to Korea. I have not booked other consultations other than with Braun and I am hesitant to tell them that. Do you think I could add you on instagram and use you as a resource for questions before my trip? Thanks so much!
Omg can I add you as a resource, I have my consultation in June and I’m wondering the same thing!

Reactions: caylaphoria
Correction:
I am currently 14 days from surgery day and still recovering. My usage of the word botch is not correct. I misused the word botched because I wasn't happy with how my nose looked after cast removal. It's currently day 14 of surgery and my nose is still very swollen and out of proportion to my face but I will need to see what the true results will look like in 6 months. The bridge was way higher than what I wanted. I am told the high straight bridge will eventually turn into a low slope. I will need to see how the nose will heal 6 months from this posting day. I will update this in the future months! Sorry for the confusion and thank you for understanding.
Hi Ana, I hope you are doing well. I'm wondering how's your healing going?

Glad you chose the clinic YOU felt was good for you. Not every clinic/every surgeon is right for every individual imo.

I asked for the almond eye surgery (lateral/tilt improvement). I specifically asked the surgeon to avoid a dramatic fox look, and he did so well.

My outer corners of the eyes were cut.

Hello, I’m so happy I found your review!
I just came out of surgery with Braun, I came to SK alone and had facial contouring (cheek bone reduction, jaw reduction, chin reduction and facial liposuction)

It went super well but I got scared about the lateral canthoplasty and told them not to do it. After seeing your review I kind of regret it, can you please share how your eyes are now?
Are you experiencing any dryness or irritation or is it completely fine? I am thinking to ask them to do it on another day before I leave

Hey guys,

Just had surgery (zygoma, v-line, genioplasty and dual plane facelift) almost 2 weeks ago in South Korea. I ended up choosing the clinic Braun.

My goal is to give an open, honest and uncensored review below of what I have been through. I would like to thank all of you who have supported me and helped me on this forum to take that step and fly all the way to SK to make this happen.

I’m just one week post-op. This means it’s way too soon to say anything about healing or even final results. Keeping that in mind: here is what has happened since I’ve landed in South Korea.

Disclaimer:
1. Read the headlines if you just want to skip to the clinic of my choice-part.
2. A lot of things you probably already know. This is just how my experience as a rookie in SK was.
3. I’m going to post this in several parts because it’s too much text ;)

18 MONTHS BEFORE LEAVING TO SOUTH KOREA
Covid-19 turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I did not want to wait 2 weeks in quarantine in a hotel room in South Korea before even getting into consultations. So I decided to wait.

In that time I gathered as much info as I could. Purseforum lead to Kakaotalk chat rooms and down further into (what felt like) the rabbithole. It was fun, but a lot of times messy. Not knowing who to believe or what clinics to choose from.

July 2022 things changed. I had been invited to a couple of private rooms, where people shared their live results (daily photo updates) while being in South Korea. One of them was a very friendly chat rooms with just a couple of people who were kind and helpful. Rational thinking and relevant information made the decision to go suddenly a lot easier.

Also because in that same group, I had found two travel buddies. So I booked a flight in November. Little did I know that I had so many things to consider and prepare.

WEEKS BEFORE LEAVING SOUTH KOREA
Everyone in the group recommended having a good translator. And with a translator, they meant someone with extensive knowledge of the plastic surgery scene in SK. Someone who was neutral (not working for a specific clinic) and who was able to negotiate (in my country in Europe that ever happens).

Two translators who were popular (and booked months in advance) got mentioned a lot by their outstanding service in that group. I always am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to these things. But since I did not see myself negotiating with people who are going to cut in my face in my not-so-perfect English, I decided to book one: Brian.

Airbnb was quickly booked. My top priority was a clean and somewhat quiet room. Flight was also no problem.

I knew I wanted V-line surgery and also I was going to be on a liquid diet for a while. So I started to order my favorite protein powders and other healthy powders for those first nights.

All this time. Brian, who I had booked by then, answered my questions for months. For free. That increased trust, but still I was like: seeing is believing. The big question remained: what if this guy is just a promoter?
Hey girl, I'm new to this forum and just saw your posts and looking to get PS as well. Thanks for the great tips! How do I send you a private message? I was wondering if I could get the kakapo group chats and Brian's contact. Hope you see this :smile:

I understand where you are at, at this point. The private group that I'm in is not mine so I'll ask the owner to add you.

Few words of advice from someone like me (no expert, but got very lucky) what worked for me:

1. Get in the General Chat and you will quickly get an idea of people who are legit. Listen to your gut feeling when peoole share their experiences and advice.

2. Ask all of the people you trust if they are in private groups. Get a short, clear story of why you would like to join, and tell them. Being respectful hardly will get you rejected.

3. Take your time to make a decision. A bad one will cost you years of trying to fix it (I've had two revision rhino's and still paying the price for my first in 2003 (!) for getting botched).

4. Everyone wants your money, and that is ok. Good surgeons and good people imo deserve to be payed well. Just keep this in mind, all the time. People tell you what you want to hear, or scare you even. But where I found peace of mind is in before and afters. You will notice quickly those who are filtered.

I know you did not ask for advice, but since you said to be new I just told you what I needed to hear 1,5 years ago.

Hope it helps.
Hi glad to hear that your surgery went well! could you also add me into the chat?

I am looking to do facial lipo and zygoma reduction.

I understand where you are at, at this point. The private group that I'm in is not mine so I'll ask the owner to add you.

Few words of advice from someone like me (no expert, but got very lucky) what worked for me:

1. Get in the General Chat and you will quickly get an idea of people who are legit. Listen to your gut feeling when peoole share their experiences and advice.

2. Ask all of the people you trust if they are in private groups. Get a short, clear story of why you would like to join, and tell them. Being respectful hardly will get you rejected.

3. Take your time to make a decision. A bad one will cost you years of trying to fix it (I've had two revision rhino's and still paying the price for my first in 2003 (!) for getting botched).

4. Everyone wants your money, and that is ok. Good surgeons and good people imo deserve to be payed well. Just keep this in mind, all the time. People tell you what you want to hear, or scare you even. But where I found peace of mind is in before and afters. You will notice quickly those who are filtered.

I know you did not ask for advice, but since you said to be new I just told you what I needed to hear 1,5 years ago.

Hope it helps.

Omg can I add you as a resource, I have my consultation in June and I’m wondering the same thing!
Hi dear 3 helpful friends, I'm going to seoul in May and hoping to get lower eye fat repositioning done too.. do add me on kkt @tayyvonne