My Lily Xl Is Gone Im Soo Sad....

Wow, she sounds like a really crappy friend. I agree with the others that her story is fishy. Since she didn't file a police report, I think she kept the bag for herself or sold it and made up the gas station theft story. Have you never questioned her honesty before?

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful (and costly!) bag, Heidi :sad:

I agree with other posters in this thread ... this sounds like a TERRIBLE friend :sad: First she begs you for a Coach bag, then she's not satisfied with that, but wants to borrow your $1k Coach bag, then she "loses" it? I find that not only incredibly callous of her, but highly suspect. I agree with other posters that it is very likely that she got tired of her Ergo bag, which it sounds like she tore to shreds, and decided to "acquire" yours or sell it. I'm sorry to be so mean, but the circumstances of her losing the bag are really suspicious.

Perhaps the best thing you can do, if you're not going to aggressively try to get your $1k-worth back, which it seems you are not keen on doing, is to distance yourself from her. Don't lend her anything else of value, and really re-examine your friendship and all that has happened in it. You seem like the kind of generous and giving person that would not think ill of people, but I think it may be time to think of protecting yourself and your personal possessions.

Just my 2 cents! Hope everything turns out okay!

well i havent been speaking to her since then so i dont get more stressed out. tried seeing if lily xl was available still wasnt on coach.com jax said none found anywhere. so guess ill have to just deal with my loss and get over it. thanks for all the advice everyone.

Wow, I am so sorry!! I can't believe she was that irresponsible with someone else's expensive item!! I'm sure she feels very bad, but this is technically her fault. She definitely owes you the money for the bag (even though it's a small consolation). Try to hang in there!!

The only person I have let my BF borrow my Lily and if she lost it, it was stolen, or my godchild spilled anything on it I am positive my BF would offer to pay for another one. Now, whether or not I would let her is another story, but has more to do with our finances than our friendship.

For her to offer to give you back the present you gave her (25% of the value of your Lily) is outrageous to say the least. Even offering $50 a week until the bag is paid for is TOO long, but better than nothing.

We had comprehensive on my sister's Miata and she got car jacked at gun point. She was okay, THANK GOD, but I thought the contents of the car couldn't be claimed on the comprehensive policy. We got the car back the next day (missing purse, phone, books, etc...) We were told (or she thought) we would have to file under home owner's insurance. Since my Coach Holiday Patchwork '06 tote and the other contents in the car were not worth the $1000 deductible we didn't file.

Is my purse covered under car insurance when in the car?

Ok, this is my mistake. I was thinking of the homeowner's policy and inadvertently put auto instead. Does she live at home? If so, it's her parent's policy that would cover it. If she has her own home or renter's insurance, that policy covers it. And it's still a comprehensive loss, just under the homeowner's policy. It would be subject to the deductible and you would need receipts to prove the cost of the item.

My bad if I confused anyone.

You know, the more I think about this, the more I get a sense of something fishy. I'm sorry Heidi, I hate to accuse someone that I don't even know but something about this story is just not sitting right with me. Am I the only one? It all just seems too easy-the fact that it just so happened that the security cameras weren't in that particular day. I don't like it one bit. If your friend would have at least called the police and filed a report, it would seem a lot more plausible. It just really bothers me that you are getting taken like this, it doesn't seem fair.

I know if it were me, for a bag that expensive, I would be getting paid back or I would be doing some filing of my own. Jmho, of course.

you should call her up and say, "oh hell naw, my name is Rumpelstiltskin and I'll be taking your first born." Then you can throw your now empty bottle of Johnny Walker Blue on the floor for effect and scream, "SKANK!"

Actually, I'm very sorry about your bag. I've learned never to lend people things that mean anything to you. Also, when I do "lend" I just consider it a gift, if they give it back, well awesome, but I have given up on expecting people to do the right thing.