My Lily Xl Is Gone Im Soo Sad....

Ugh I hate it when this happens! I used to lend my friend a lot of stuff, and every single time she would break or ruin it as she is so clumsy. Sometimes she would just want to look at it and fiddle with the item and it would end up broken. So I decided that since she never paid me back I couldn't afford to let her borrow more of my stuff.

It is OK to be reckless with your own stuff, but when it is someone else's they should have more respect for it, not just treat it how they would treat their own stuff. (I guess I also needed to vent, lol)

I agree with lady v, she should give you the money equivalent or find you the same bag. it may not sound very friendly but leaving your beloved bag in an unlocked car at a gas station isn't exactly friendly either, especially after she said she would take care of it!

Sorry to hear that, sometimes it takes something bad to have us learn a lesson the hard way. :tdown: The fact that this friend has had things stolen so often before almost sounds fishy to me.. are you positive she is being totally truthful with it? I mean, I am not saying it couldn't happen but the odds of it so quickly and when she has had it happen in the past.. just almost seems too staged or something. :shrugs: Sorry for the loss of your bag, for a bag that expensive I would not let it out of my sight, that's for sure. :wtf:

I Know I Myself Tried Finding It Its Nowhere To Be Found. She Could Never Afford To Repay Me For It. The Only Way I Could Buy One Is With Store Credit For Returning My Miranda And Carly. Which Would Make Me Even More Sad, But For Lily Id Do It,if Only Someone Had One Or Knew Of A Store With One.

She Knows Just Doesnt Seem To Click I Guess, For Her To Repay Me Sad To Say Ill Be Waiting For A Long Time She Still Owes Me Over 300 Bucks For Things Ive Chareged For Her In The Past. Our Friendship Has Been Suffering. In A Way Its My Fault For Letting Her Use It But Still. Just Wish I Could Rewind To When I Still Had My Baby!!! Lol

I dont know your friend so I hate to even suggest this, but is there any way she could be lying about what happened to it? Is she in need of money? Perhaps she sold it. This happened to a friend of mine, who went to check her Coach collection in her closet, and found that two were missing. Turns out a "friend" had taken them and sold them on ebay! Like I said, I hate to suggest this, but how do you leave a $1200 unattneded in an unlocked car?

Did you take her up on the offer to take back the ergo you gave her? I think at this point I would...I would be more than ticked, and I am sure from now on "NO" will be much easier to say.

Heidi, I'm so sorry this happened to you! I know about lending friends bags and having incident, but nothing as bad as this! I will now have second thoughts about letting my friends borrow my bags. You were an extremely nice friend to let her borrow your bag, but I'm not sure if she was worthy of borrowing that bag. Did she know how much your Lily cost? I don't think I would even borrow a bag knowing it cost that much, because I know I would be responsible for anything that happened to it. Even if I did have that bag in my possession, I would NEVER let it out of my sight. It was very irresponsible of her to leave your bag in her car for "just a second". When I run into a store, I hide my bag and lock my car. The fact that she probably just left it on the car seat so anyone could see it really bothers me. :cursing:

When I vented about my incident with my purse, a few lovely TPFers encouraged me to ask for a new purse, but I couldn't do it. Especially b/c our friendship wasn't suffering and I know it was truly an accident and could have happened to me to, but at least I got my bag back. In your case I would ride her *** and get her to pay your back. Take back the bag you gave her and ask for the difference.

I'm sorry if I sound mean and b****y:shame: but it seems like your friend didn't really deserve to borrow your bag in the first place and needs to take responsibility for her actions.

I agree with everyone else that she owes you one. I mean, it is a very expensive bag and for her to lose something that is not hers is wrong. I think you should really ask for the cost of the bag back. She should have thought about what would happen before losing an expensive bag.

Heidi...I am sorry about your Lily. I don't know your friend or who stole your purse but that stinks. You are more than generous to give your friend an ergo and then to loan her your beloved Lily. You sound like a person who is very giving to others. That is a very good trait but sometimes people take advantage of generous people. I am wishing that good things come your way. (((hugs)))
Carley

Thanks everyone, she really doesnt have the funds to pay me back for it, her ergo is used and fraying, i dont like ergo bags much anyhow. so its more or less up to me to find a way to get it back i guess. she has enough trouble paying for things now, it would take way too long. it just really sucks.

No, it was not your fault. I agree with everyone else, she either owes you a new bag or the retail value of it. It was rude of her to borrow your bag and appalling that she was so reckless with it. It's not even about the bag at this point, it's about respect and it's hard for me to believe that she respects your friendship.

agree, i mean, i dont even know you and i can tell how much that bag meant to you - very sad situation - i am truly sorry !

No, it was not your fault. I agree with everyone else, she either owes you a new bag or the retail value of it. It was rude of her to borrow your bag and appalling that she was so reckless with it. It's not even about the bag at this point, it's about respect and it's hard for me to believe that she respects your friendship.

Aww, i'm so sorry that happened to you....

I absolutely agree with this comment... Your friend was careless and may not know the value of such a nice bag... I think she needs to get you another one or arrange some sort of payment plan.. otherwise, there could be a larger strain on the friendship and you might always hold that against her... I know people should forgive and forget but I'm the kind of person that never forgets....

I agree with this comment as well, and I'm so sorry this happened to you. If I were her, I definitely would have bought you a new Lily because you were kind enough to lend such a nice bag in the first place. What she did was very disrespectful.

I have bought my Niece camera's, Coach Bags, Jewelry, IPOD's and Coach IPOD cases and she has LOST everyone of them. She says they were lost or stolen when most likely she gave them away. The difference is: I bought them for her, I didn't LOAN them to her. I expect them back if I loan them out. I guess I have learned that if I don't loan anymore. If I want to give it, I just give it as a gift. Whatever happens from that point on is on them.

I'm sorry this happened to you, Heidi!:flowers:

First, I am so sorry this happened to you and Lily. Hopefully, you'll be able to get your hands on another real soon. As someone stated something will probably show up on eBay. I also agree with the posts about checking with her insurance company or her Mother. Someone needs to take responsibility for this!

And, I know you are feeling terrible right now, but I have to say, this is a friendship that you don't need. You've already stated how careless this girl is, yet you were kind enough to loan your beloved bag to her. She already owes you money, that you'll probably never see again and she's probably done countless other things that you wouldn't expect from a friend. If you don't drop her altogher, keep her at arns length. It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship to me. This girl sounds like a cancer, and you need to re-evaluate what you're getting out of this 'friendship'. Also, if she has enough money to buy an iPhone, why would she hound you to buy her a $300 handbag? Don't let her take advantage of you anymore!

Of course my scolding is the last thing that you want to hear, but I'm sure you've been kicking yourself even harder because deep down you knew it was a bad idea to loan out a $1200 bag to a thoughtless, careless person!!!

Seriously, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine losing one of my Lilys. Have you tried calling JAX or the Legacy Boutique in NYC to check if they have the walnut? It's worth a try. I hope this story has a happy ending for you!!!:heart:

For the record, anyone reading this and feeling like, "what a b ", fine. I just don't want Heidi to be hurt again, and possibly more severly by her 'friend'. It's toughlove, and my opinion that she cut her losses before something else happens.