Most expensive shoes you own (retail price)?

Haha that is a sign of a good buy! I've done that with my Stuart Weitzman boots. Paid $635 and have given them a new life 3 different times through resole-ing and polishing.
So happy to know that!
My black suede Lowlands are still in their first life with a lot of mileage under the hood but are still going strong, too, were just rained on and are just a little bit more matte at the tip (which can just be brushed off). My winter ballerina flats (that’s what I call them) were worth every Penny!
Glad you also had a good experience with their shoes. Aquazzura is the other. My black Christie flats have gone everywhere with me...
Neither the Lowlands or Christie were cheap, but they were worth every Penny!

Reactions: cafecreme15
Mine are so different. They are made for everyday so I do feel I get my money's worth. Bespoke tri-colour Gucci lace-ups.

I chose the model and the 3 colours of hand stained leather. I also chose the types of shoe-laces including the have leather tagged pair.

They took 6 months to make and 4 fittings, and when finished came with a wood and leather box and their own M2M care kit that included wooden shoe trees, wooden brushes, polish and a leather shoehorn all in a bag. Together everything was so heavy they had to send the box to me because I couldn't carry it.

It could have been worse, there were far more expensive variables.
Wow! What was your final price?

So happy to know that!
My black suede Lowlands are still in their first life with a lot of mileage under the hood but are still going strong, too, were just rained on and are just a little bit more matte at the tip (which can just be brushed off). My winter ballerina flats (that’s what I call them) were worth every Penny!
Glad you also had a good experience with their shoes. Aquazzura is the other. My black Christie flats have gone everywhere with me...
Neither the Lowlands or Christie were cheap, but they were worth every Penny!
The lowlands are great! I wish I had bought those instead of the highlands which I almost never wear because the pitch is terrible for walking. Totally agree that Aquazzura is an excellent brand - I think 3/5 of my most recent designer shoe purchases have been Aquazzura.

The lowlands are great! I wish I had bought those instead of the highlands which I almost never wear because the pitch is terrible for walking. Totally agree that Aquazzura is an excellent brand - I think 3/5 of my most recent designer shoe purchases have been Aquazzura.
They’re the most comfortable boots I’ve ever had; it’s like you’re not wearing anything and because they’re over the knee, they keep you warm (up to a point) and stylish without having to drag around a long coat everywhere.
I’m ashamed to say I don’t wear my Highlands either... <—probably most expensive shoes that I’ve worn the least :sad:

Reactions: LV_BB
They’re the most comfortable boots I’ve ever had; it’s like you’re not wearing anything and because they’re over the knee, they keep you warm (up to a point) and stylish without having to drag around a long coat everywhere.
I’m ashamed to say I don’t wear my Highlands either... <—probably most expensive shoes that I’ve worn the least :sad:
I should probably sell the highlands and buy the lowlands, but I like looking at the highlands too much LOL. I can only wear them when I don't have to walk or stand anywhere, like car --> restaurant --> car, but that is rare where I live.

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
I should probably sell the highlands and buy the lowlands, but I like looking at the highlands too much LOL. I can only wear them when I don't have to walk or stand anywhere, like car --> restaurant --> car, but that is rare where I live.
I recommend you pit stop at Hermès and try on the Selena over the knee boots. Hopefully they’ll have them the same color as your Highlands so you can compare them. They are overall less dressy, but they are so chic and sexy without trying too hard. And they’re comfortable.
I bought them in red :biggrin:
Probably the most expensive shoes I own now (but not bad for H standards. I think they were a bit more expensive than Neo boots).

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
I bought some Stallion Western boots more than 20 years ago. They were horn back alligator on the entire foot. I don’t think you can even find them not custom made any more. They were $1800 and still are the most expensive footwear I have ever purchased. I can’t even imagine what one would pAy for them now!

My Chloe boots, I think they were $1,500 all in all because I ordered them from overseas.
I have a lot of other shoes between $500-$999, but that was the steepest I've ever gone.
No regrets though I love & wear those babies all the time.

Reactions: papertiger
I bought some Stallion Western boots more than 20 years ago. They were horn back alligator on the entire foot. I don’t think you can even find them not custom made any more. They were $1800 and still are the most expensive footwear I have ever purchased. I can’t even imagine what one would pAy for them now!

They sound amazing, a pair of forever boots.

Reactions: chessmont
My Stuart Weitzman Lowland boots, for sure. I bought them at a slight discount, but they're still the most expensive shoes I own by far. They're well worth it to me though because they're so comfortable and go with almost everything in my wardrobe.