Most expensive shoes you own (retail price)?

Besides normal shoes I also have shoes like these ($250+):
14310_06_1G.jpg

mascolori_stoer_herenschoenen_trouwschoenen_heren_bijzonder_artistieke_schoenen_rotterdam_leer_kleurrijk_crackle_vlinder_butterfly_breeze_1__1.jpg

Who makes the butterfly pair?

Normally I spend around €220-260 ($300) on shoes but I am a male. The most I ever spend on shoes was £500 ($650). I think it's easier to find highly prices shoes for women. Sadly, the quality of the latter shoes didn't feel much more then my normal brand I buy.

Ever bought shoes you thought would wear looser once you walk more in them but in the end never did so each time you wear them like halfway through the day you just want to take off your shoes?

I think men's shoes have even more potential for sky-rocket prices. But those shoes are expected to last even decades with re-soling and looking after.

My Christian Louboutin boots. They are worth every penny as I get compliments all the time. Unfortunately, I can't wear them as much due to a recent back injury.

These are soooo beautiful. I wish you better so you can wear them again. Meanwhile they can decorate your coffee table ;)

Prada platform-heel loafers, in patent black. New with tags! Got from a consignment shop in ATL, for approx. $70 because there was a July 4th sale of sorts that day. Retailed for $900 or something like that, which is ridiculous.
A pair each of Lanvin wedge pumps and flats would probably be my next bet. Scored from Ruelala for $149 each. Retail for $699 and $499
...and a pair of metallic Lanvin flats for $99, from Bluefly. Retailed at $499.

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
About $450 retail. I think I have spent max about $250!

I am not sure if shoes that are more than that price would actually be worth it for me.

Many “designer” shoes aren’t particularly practical for my life. Maybe not comfy for all day wear or not practical for walking a mile. I am not sure they are better made than the cheaper ones.

As much as I love full leather soles, some are really slippery. And the break-in period is not always fun. I end up resoling quickly.

My priciest at retail were the rag and bone boots I bought. I got them at the outlet for 50% off. Those are well made mostly. But most importantly they have free repairs. That makes it a great value for me.

These wacky Loewe sneakers retailed for 1150 CAD, which made them ridiculously overpriced.

The construction of the shoe is slightly above average and in no way justifies the retail price considering you can get a lovely deerskin sneaker from Church’s for half the price.

I purchased them because I needed a yellow shoe to match a bag. :idea:

Attachments

• 62683E2B-0D4A-4FDC-A2AB-C15EC77AC9ED.jpeg
    62683E2B-0D4A-4FDC-A2AB-C15EC77AC9ED.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 687
  • D90388CA-F547-4ED1-B271-F3599F39BCC1.jpeg
    D90388CA-F547-4ED1-B271-F3599F39BCC1.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 688
They’re SOOOOOOO buttery soft and comfortable!!
I’ve never been a loafers person before, but these are worth every Penny!
I love mine but I already had to bring them to the cobbler after having them for only a year (and not wearing them for 5 months of that due to bad winter weather). The top of the shoe started to come away from the sole! It was very odd. The same thing happened to a pair of Louboutin heels that I must have worn all of 5 times.

I love mine but I already had to bring them to the cobbler after having them for only a year (and not wearing them for 5 months of that due to bad winter weather). The top of the shoe started to come away from the sole! It was very odd. The same thing happened to a pair of Louboutin heels that I must have worn all of 5 times.
Oh, no! This shouldn’t happen to shoes this expensive. I understand the soles wearing faster than some other shoes because the leather is very soft (although these have a rubber outer sole), but come apart? That’s unacceptable, especially for H standards!
The last time I bought a belt, I was browsing through them and all of a sudden, I have black leather ‘chips’ on my hands. It was a box? belt. I grabbed it, gave it to my SA, cleaned my hands and hoped it was a fluke. I wonder if they send things that have been handled more to smaller stores... My twillaine had a snag. Hmmmmm. Luckily my Paris loafers are still ok.

Oh, no! This shouldn’t happen to shoes this expensive. I understand the soles wearing faster than some other shoes because the leather is very soft (although these have a rubber outer sole), but come apart? That’s unacceptable, especially for H standards!
The last time I bought a belt, I was browsing through them and all of a sudden, I have black leather ‘chips’ on my hands. It was a box? belt. I grabbed it, gave it to my SA, cleaned my hands and hoped it was a fluke. I wonder if they send things that have been handled more to smaller stores... My twillaine had a snag. Hmmmmm. Luckily my Paris loafers are still ok.
You are so right! I audibly gasped when I saw the separation. Luckily my cobbler fixed them up good as new, but I am now hesitant to buy more H shoes and spend four figures on a pair of shoes again.

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
You are so right! I audibly gasped when I saw the separation. Luckily my cobbler fixed them up good as new, but I am now hesitant to buy more H shoes and spend four figures on a pair of shoes again.
I wouldn’t either, although I can vouch for Gucci ones from the Tom Ford era. I had a pair of suede platform high heels I literally wore to the ground: the leather sole on the outer edges wore off and you could see the inside of the platform was made out of cork lol talk about bringing the cost per wear to nothing. Jeez, if those shoes could talk, I’d be in trouble... :lol:

I wouldn’t either, although I can vouch for Gucci ones from the Tom Ford era. I had a pair of suede platform high heels I literally wore to the ground: the leather sole on the outer edges wore off and you could see the inside of the platform was made out of cork lol talk about bringing the cost per wear to nothing. Jeez, if those shoes could talk, I’d be in trouble... :lol:
Haha that is a sign of a good buy! I've done that with my Stuart Weitzman boots. Paid $635 and have given them a new life 3 different times through resole-ing and polishing.