Mono owners, are you still in love with bags that have aged/dark/uneven patina?

MomofQtees

Bags, Bling and Beyond
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
Ive had mono bags that have pretty much looked grubby in time, no matter how much I took care of them. I tend to fall out of love once vachetta darkens and I am not the type who likes the vintage look either. Do you still use yours? Keep em? Sell em? Is it just me or do some of you feel the same way?

I love the patina. I really like when it gets that nice dark honey look. However, I hate when the handles turn black or there are lots of stains. Still, vintage LV's do have charm.

yes, I do. It's part of the charm of LV. The bodyguard guarding the LV store once told me he loves seeing ladies carrying lv mono bags with dark patina, lots of love towards the bag.

I don't like dark brown almost black patina. I haven't had any of my bags get to that point yet. My bags have a light honey color to them right now and I'm loving that. But once the leather ages to the color of med-brown, I'm not sure what I'll do....maybe replace the vachetta.

I love patina! I think it is a badge of ownership and I am eagerly waiting for my few bags to turn darker. I rotate on a weekly basis and will not "tan" them. I want them to patina through use! :smile:

I agree that I think there is a difference between dirty and dark. My first Mono Speedy 30 was an ebay purchase. It was pretty well loved before I purchased it and had extremely dark/dirty handles. It's nice because I don't worry about carrying it but it doesn't go out as often as it used to. I just can't bring myself to sell it though...