Mono owners, are you still in love with bags that have aged/dark/uneven patina?

Honestly, no. My mono bags are at that honey stage but I never use them anymore and haven't bought mono in a long time.

Actually, what DesigningStyle said is right on the money - there is a difference between dirty and dark! I live in LA and Las Vegas and I see lots and lots of LV and have been totally turned off by dirty, black, stained vachetta sightings. Ew.

But I do love to see a vintage piece with nice, even patina!

I love the look of a patina on the leather, but I have seen some speedies with BLACK handles, and this just looks dirty to me. There's a real difference between patina and dirty, and somehow you can always tell!

I try to be so careful with mine so it'll patina evenly! I'm kind of a nazi about it. I always carry it on my wrist instead of in my hand. My newest mono, the speedy 25, is only a couple of months old so the vachetta is still pretty pale. I don't know how I'll feel when it gets dark.

On monogram canvas bags with vachetta I prefer a darker clean patina. I do not at all like the white new vachetta. I do not care for the look of light honey either next to monogram canvas, on azure I love the honey color best. I feel the darker patina has a richer more sophisticated look to it when next to the monogram canvas. It also looks more classic to me as well. I like it to be a nice rich caramel but not dirty and not dry.

I have three mono bags in my collection, and only my papillon 30, a bag I bought pre-owned, pleases me in terms of it's patina color but I think the piping could use conditioner, has some dry spots. My bv has stains on the strap and I find it ugly now. My mono speedy is still too light for my taste. Here is a pic of my mono collection to show you what I mean regarding my bv and the color of my mono speedy. I think my pap looks a drop lighter in that pic than it really is irl. In the modeling pic w/ my pap 30 you can see better the actual color of the patina which I adore.

2374485147_65682b0777.jpg

2374478575_61c616407e.jpg

i'm the exact opposite! i love how the aged vachetta looks :P and actually, i'm not too fond of how it looks when it's fresh out of the store~

though, i must say that i'm bothered when i see lv vachetta that looks like it has been rubbed in poo! it's ridiculously close to black and i wonder if that's a part of the aging process or if they're just dirty??! :shrugs:

I use mine in bad weather. I only have 1 (my old Speedy.) I don't love it but it gets the job done and I don't have to carry my nicer purses and worry about them getting ruined. I'd keep it if only for something like that.

As long as it's very clean and an even honey patina, it would be fine with me. I have a Speedy 30 and as I use it, it started to have an uneven patina especially on the handles. I used an Appleguard leather conditioner and wiped the leather. For some reason, the leather changed to a very even honey patina. I love it!

Darkened,waterspots, scratches, you name it and my vachetta has it! I love it though, It's how I will always know that these are my bags, that certain character that it gives.

I really like how it looks but can't bring myself to own bags with a lot of vachetta. I have the Mirage because of the black handles and the damier line because of the no fuss handles etc. I think for me it is because I am so clumsy that I need things I don't have to worry about that much.

I love patina! In fact, I love my mono bags even more as they get darker. I just got a BH and I am carrying it nonstop, hoping that it will get dark soon. The patina on my Speedy is not even at all, it's "dirty" as some members have described it, but I don't mind. It's a handbag, I carry it in my hands, this is what happens to pale vachetta. The bag looks lived-in to me and that's just how I like it (I like the sag, too!).