Mono owners, are you still in love with bags that have aged/dark/uneven patina?

Funny, I just took out my monogram petite noe for the first time in a while... Though I love new, white, vachetta, I have to say she looks lovely with patina!! :yes:

Of course, it gives them character.
I don't like the brand new vachetta, I like a nice honey color. I don't think any of my bags have completely even color since different areas are touched more (like the straps).

I don't like the dirty handles or uneven patina. It can get dark as long as it isn't uneven and dirty looking. It hasn't happened yet, but I would probably sell unless I grow very attached to that particular bag.

Honestly, no. My mono bags are at that honey stage but I never use them anymore and haven't bought mono in a long time.

Actually, what DesigningStyle said is right on the money - there is a difference between dirty and dark! I live in LA and Las Vegas and I see lots and lots of LV and have been totally turned off by dirty, black, stained vachetta sightings. Ew.

But I do love to see a vintage piece with nice, even patina!

Figures - the day I write that I haven't bought mono canvas in a long time is the very day I go out and get a mono Galliera PM!! :P Saw it at the store and fell in love!!!

I prefer my bags when the patina has darkened. My bags are all at that honey stage. I can't wait until they darken. However, I agree with the posters who said that there is a big difference between patina and dirty. I hate the dirty look.

I like patina, recently i bought a pre-owned speedy 30 with a rich honey color with even patina. I just love how the color looks on the bag! I don't like virgin vachetta fresh out of the store. I find it very hard to handle, like every where you go you might get it dirty or stained. With my speedy 30, i am kind of carefree and very satisfied with its color as of now. Overall, i don't mind vachetta as long as its pretty and even.

I use to not like dark patina, but overtime I love it a lot more then "virgin" patina. My speedy has uneven patina now, the handles in the middle are a lot darker. But it does give it character and looks lovely to me!

I like the light honey patina on my mono bags. I don't like the dark patina at all. I usually switch my bags so that I don't darken the patina on my bags that have vachetta handles. I try to baby all of my lovely LV's.