Michael Fassbender

If Telluride is uncertain, wouldn't they go to TIFF or wouldn't NYFF demand the World Premier it usually does for its Centerpiece? They could have waited for Universal to confirm so the press release didn't sound like such weak sauce and Univeral/Rudin/the film didn't look ridiculous if it didn't get into Telluride.

It sounds like maybe they either knew already, or were waiting for confirmation from Telluride and let NYFF know that was an option, so NYFF decided not to classify it as a premiere since they weren't sure. Plus, I think NYFF was trying to beat TIFF with their announcement, so they had to go with what they had. As for Telluride, even if it's confirmed we won't know until just before the festival. But I think Jobs is definitely going somewhere else, I don't think NYFF would be cagey with the premiere designation if they knew for certain. That's too much wasted press for them.

Pushing back The Light Between Oceans premiere makes sense, but I'm starting to think Trespass Against Us must be ****, which is disappointing. That was toward the top of my list of most anticipated Michael films. Certainly more than Macbeth/Jobs.

Yes,it makes sense,above all if it's very good. Let's see. Actually it would make sense to push back TAU too,just to avoid overexposure.

I don't know why Macbeth US release date has people up in arms when Weinstein has other movies without any release date.Probably he wants to see what comes from Venice, Telluride and TIFF. Even if he has other priorities (his big awards contenders),it doesn't mean it will be released in three arthouse theatres the next year...

There's still Venice. Steve Jobs may go there. I believe there are more possibilities to see TLBO at Telluride but it may get a Cannes/Berlin release. Tomorrow we'll know.
Apparently a Telluride berth for Jobs is still up in the air and NYFF may have just been cagey in not calling their screening of the film a premiere. The Telluride program curators typically require the director to accompany the films they premiere and Boyle might be busy (?). And Telluride doesn't lock down its schedule until days before the festival actually starts.

So it's kind of a wait-and-see situation.
It's possible. Someone is even speculating about Venice.

Interesting insight on Danny Boyle and Telluride:

Another Universal Oscar possibility, Steve Jobs starring Michael Fassbender, is not on this initial TIFF rundown and likely won’t be: It was just announced yesterday as the Centerpiece attraction of the New York Film Festival which happens near the end of September. NYFF, which is opening with TriStar’s The Walk and closing with Don Cheadle’s Miles Davis biopic — an acquisitions title — did not designate Jobs as a world premiere. Well we can continue to speculate based on that, so you might want to bet the farm then that Steve Jobs will first turn up at Telluride. Its director Danny Boyle considers it a good-luck fest since that is where he launched his Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire, and then returned with his Oscar-nominated 127 Hours. He once told me he owed it to Telluride to take his films there.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/oscar-race-toronto-film-festival-contenders-1201486254/

Steve Jobs will be at Telluride :P World premiere, just like it happened with 127 Hours. No Venice for the film, they announced the lineup today. Boyle might do a secret screening at TIFF though...let's see.

About Macbeth and TLBO, I think both will be announced at TIFF, for Gala presentations or special presentations. They still have many films to revel, I'm sure at least ONE of them will be there. TAU I think they will release at Sundance.

hahahahahaha I can't picture him making a joke during a sex scene in Macbeth or TLBO hahaha Just can't :P They're too freaking dramatic! I wish I was a journalist to ask him if he uses this strategy in ALL films he shoots.

I know for A Dangerous Method, Keira Knightly said he brought a bottle of champagne to the set.