Michael Fassbender

King Fassbender was the perfect title :king:

I hate you, Harvey. [2] (for ignoring the film exists, I know it won't get any Oscar nod, it's Shakespeare).

I don't care about the Oscars, I want to see it! There is ANOTHER screening in London tonight!

I wonder if it will still be showing in France when I'm in Paris at the beginning of December...

I don't care about the Oscars, I want to see it! There is ANOTHER screening in London tonight!

I wonder if it will still be showing in France when I'm in Paris at the beginning of December...

Yeah, if I just watch it I'll be happy. But to watch it I need Harvey to release it LOL

Well, it has an October release in France, maybe you'll see it, maybe you won't, it depends on the success of the film.

Some tweets about the screening in London.

Almost perfect... #macbeth

As a technical piece of filmmaking, nothing will come close to #Macbeth this year... cinematography, score, acting all flawless!

One tiny niggle, some of the raw emotion of the characters felt constrained by sticking to shakespearean language on one or two occasions...

Other than that, a breathtaking film... #Macbeth @StudioCanalUK

@Andreaxx2Andrea it's an interesting take on lady macbeth, not like I've seen before... #Macbeth

@Andreaxx2Andrea she's not really the puppet master, more a victim of the monster she created... Much more sympathetic then other versions

https://twitter.com/CiaranDunne

Fassbender & Cotillard for Oscars. The production was incredible and costume by Jacqueline Durran was flawless. A must-see. #Macbeth

https://twitter.com/alicejrhowarth/status/626116973903089664

Justin Kurzel's Macbeth is heart-poundingly #dope.

https://twitter.com/Frost_Ed/status/626116604242325504

Oooooh Macbeth was very very very good.

https://twitter.com/samstuart92/status/626112925506400256

Last edited:
All these fantastic tweets just make me hate Harvey more. And they also show the artificiality of the Oscars, as played by someone like Weinstein--the manipulation of release dates, the refusal to release so he can push something else, etc.

There's still Venice. Steve Jobs may go there. I believe there are more possibilities to see TLBO at Telluride but it may get a Cannes/Berlin release. Tomorrow we'll know.

Nah, Jobs won't be at Venice, at least I don't think so. Deadline already mentioned Danish Girl, besides the ones everybody predicts such as A Bigger Splash, Beasts Of No Nation, Spotlight, etc. I believe in Telluride for Jobs, following Boyle's 127 Hours in 2010. The Guardian mentioned this yesterday and it seems they got it right, let's confirm it tomorrow.

TLBO won't go to Telluride, it will have a TIFF release or only in 2016, at Berlin or Cannes.

Unless other artists and critics beat the drum on this, it will be late December when Star Wars is out and the ten films due to be released on Christmas Day are out. That is how you can "justify" the treatment of this film.

Unless other artists and critics beat the drum on this, it will be late December when Star Wars is out and the ten films due to be released on Christmas Day are out. That is how you can "justify" the treatment of this film.

Even if people pressure him, he won't do anything. He put The Immigrant on his official campaign in December and because the film got nods for best actress and cinematography in many critics lists. That nod Marion got for Spirit Awards was pure merit and recognition. The way he treated that film was sad. His punishment? One Oscar, one big contender and an awful presentation at the Oscars for "Lost Stars" LOL

I don't expect the Oscar but I expect a decent treatment. He doesn't wanna camapign? Fine but he bought it, he has good reviews, just give it a normal promotion, win some money, praises and let people watch it, including me :graucho: He can win ten Oscars with Hateful Eight and Carol if he wants to but please don't treat Macbeth like crap.

I think Macbeth is another Snowpiercer, and Harvey's being a dick because Justin Kurzel didn't do what he wanted, or something like that. But at least it's getting amazing reviews! Hopefully Harvey will get over himself. Ugh, let me join the consensus of hate.

And Steve Jobs really is going to Telluride? Hmm... they're really gunning for the Oscars I guess. I hope it's strong enough for that, because I still don't see it. Oh well.

I think Macbeth is another Snowpiercer, and Harvey's being a dick because Justin Kurzel didn't do what he wanted, or something like that. But at least it's getting amazing reviews! Hopefully Harvey will get over himself. Ugh, let me join the consensus of hate.

And Steve Jobs really is going to Telluride? Hmm... they're really gunning for the Oscars I guess. I hope it's strong enough for that, because I still don't see it. Oh well.

If I watch Macbeth, I'm happy. So Weinstein please release it this year! :cool:

If it's not in Venice, which I really doubt, it will be at Telluride, as Guardian predicted. It seems they will skip TIFF and then go to NYFF before the release on October 9th. Let's see if the strategy will work. Jobs has Oscar written all over it, just see the names involved! It screams for it. But we have to see contenders, depending on how strong they are, Universal will need a very good B.O and rave reviews to be nominated.

Apparently a Telluride berth for Jobs is still up in the air and NYFF may have just been cagey in not calling their screening of the film a premiere. The Telluride program curators typically require the director to accompany the films they premiere and Boyle might be busy (?). And Telluride doesn't lock down its schedule until days before the festival actually starts.

So it's kind of a wait-and-see situation.