Master Craftman's Stamp....a myth?

I wonder if it's possible that H has gotten wind of the knowledge being passed around on the forum and to prevent counterfeiting issues or any future issues of customers demanding that their bag be made by a "master" or a "senior" craftsperson, have just instructed their employees to be vague to customers when it comes to the markings on their bags.

When I asked Claude about the stamp I was told it was a atelier mark...along with all the other ones that have been listed. He said its a myth that "Master Craftsmen" have a stamp to denote their seniority.

I have a vintage loto? bag (hermes paris) with a square mark in the middle under the change compartment flap. It's biggish, like 4 wavy corners of a box. boxcalf leather.

^ Interesting! Do you have a pic of that one? I don't think i have ever seen it!
I tried posting one once and I will again with my new super camera!!!( must read instructions, and learn how to resize big), but the area is a tough one to get a shot to. I will get DH to help. I am posting the pic I have. Sorry not the place but note the hermes orange camera DH got me for Christmas.

Attachments

• celtic cross.jpg
    celtic cross.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 292
  • camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 228
^ Oh! I did see that pic when you posted it awhile back and I thought it was interesting then. I would love to see another pic of it if it isn't too hard to capture.

Hehe, I love the H orange camera! However, I think I'm loving Ostrich background more:winkiss:

I wonder if it's possible that H has gotten wind of the knowledge being passed around on the forum and to prevent counterfeiting issues or any future issues of customers demanding that their bag be made by a "master" or a "senior" craftsperson, have just instructed their employees to be vague to customers when it comes to the markings on their bags.

This rings true to me. I've had two separate SA's (in different locations) caution me against things learned on this forum, one going so far as to say that there is much hogwash spread. I think it very likely that even if we were correct in initial assumptions, Hermes would want to change things up to make the fakester's job all that harder. I find it odd that so many "master craftsman made" bags are appearing for sale on ebay and elsewhere.