Master Craftman's Stamp....a myth?

Interesting! Celtic crosses seemed to be most prevalent in box birkins although I have seen a couple on vintage togo kellies.

Not sure why Hermes would need a special mark to denote a particular leather..it's not as if they don't know their leathers... the plot thickens....

The bag I showed him was a natural chamonix, and he alluded to the fact that it was chamonix (why it had the cross)...buggered if I knew what he was on about, though - LMAO!!

The other bag I have with the cross is boxcalf.

We should put together a list of bags/leathers that have the mark. I have a chevre Bolide that has a "four spot" type mark, too, in addition to the usual stamps...what's THAT? LOL......

He was muttering something in French about it being Natural Chamionix....now I wish I'd pushed to find out what on earth he was on about......

I think there's also a triangle mark?

OK, I just took a look at all my bags - I also have a chevre bag with a "percentage" mark and a Birkin with a letter C with a dot in the centre......they're looking like atelier marks, to me.

I also discovered I have two Kellys made by the SAME CRAFTSMAN!!!!! :nuts:

LOL! Maybe we are just obsessing too much and managed to imagine what the celtic cross marking represented. I know that I have several bags with it and they are all different leathers. I am sure an explanation is out there to the meaning, this would not have been stamped on the strap for no reason.

I think there's also a triangle mark?

OK, I just took a look at all my bags - I also have a chevre bag with a "percentage" mark and a Birkin with a letter C with a dot in the centre......they're looking like atelier marks, to me.

I also discovered I have two Kellys made by the SAME CRAFTSMAN!!!!! :nuts:

If you get a 3rd bag by the same craftsman, you get the next one for free:roflmfao:

Reactions: etoupebirkin