Marc Jacobs Stam Bag

Anyone still have/use their Stam?
I had a full sized stam I only used a couple of times, I just sold it because as much as I adored the bag I am petite and the size/ strap drop I didnt feel worked for me. So I never used it. However, if I could get my hands on a little stam I would use it now since the size would be better. I love the stam!

I still have my patchwork stam.. needs a little bit of a visit to the dr though, a seam in the patchwork ripped... I think with all this vintage lady like styling re-emerging on the runways, the stam might be a cool "vintage" bag to break out.

Reactions: CoCoBelle and wkim
I fell in Love with the Stam when it was first launched and went on a wait list to get it-I got the first wave he did with Canvas lining (in about 2006 I think) though I always really loved the first version he did with burgundy suede lining.
I must confess that although I made a massive fuss about getting it and even to my mothers annoyance spent some of the Money my father left me to buy it (I think it cost around £780) I have barely used it.
I still love the design and its very cool classic with an edge (my bag is black) but its SO heavy even with nothing in it.
I hope it makes a comeback because it is a gorgeous bag and beautifully made but with the chain adding to the weight though I know I'd be very reluctant to sell it I am dubious as to wether I will ever wear it again and due to the weight I'm now glad I didn't get one with suede lining
Mine's a large size in the Icy Leather

Last edited:
I have a mini Stam that I bought on Posh a few weeks ago... I love it! I wish MJ would revamp it and re-release.
That’s the best, most wearable size. Hope you can share a picture. I had two large beautiful Stams I bought on ebay, and enjoyed then, but decided to sell once I discovered the smaller sizes. To me the Stam is the best shape ever.

Reactions: RT1 and Lucia.elena