LV for kids

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
okay... I want an honest opinion, don't worry about hurting my feelings. ;) I want to get the Mini HL for my baby sister. She will be 3 on October 6. I think it would look so cute on her and she might not be able to use it for another year or so, but what do you guys think of kids with Louis Vuittons? I used to think it was crazy and no kid needs a purse that expensive, but she would look just so darn cute. haha. She looove purses already and can name all mine. Gucci, Burberry, Prada, etc.

She's my favorite person in the whole wide world. *sigh*

don't mind her messy hair... the pictures were taken right after she woke up from her nap.
[/CENTER]

I don't like it personally. (and please don't take this the wrong way) - I think its a bit pretentious. Just my thoughts. Although they are adorable! By the way, your daughter is gorgeous!

I would get it for her and I would let her take it out when she is with adults who ca watch over her. She would love the bag when she is 10, 12 etc and it will cost a lot more.

I dont believe in children with expensive handbags ...sorry...I have a 9 year old and she will be lucky if she gets her first LV for her 16th Bday....I spoil my kids...but only to a point..I think it depends on your situation as well....We live in an affluent area where kids do run around with LVs BUT I always shake my head in amazement!

i think you should get it...:love: she will grow up with it and have a story to tell for - forever.... (of course she will develop an early respect for all good things!) it's all good.

oooooh, she is sooo sweet!!!!
i agree with loriw, although the bag would be adorable on her, i would never make a kid wear a LV...it's just not suitable for them!!but it's not referred to you, it's just a personal opinion!

I buy lots of designer stuff for my daughter. And for her 2nd birthday my husband and I bought her a Mini Sac HL. I think it's cute. She carries it around everywhere and before we leave the house she will bring it to the mirror and look at herself. I love it. Here's a picture I took on her birthday as she was going to bed:

micaiahbirthday017.jpg

I think the size of the bag is perfect for kids. It's like a mini Speedy.

Michelle1025 said:
I buy lots of designer stuff for my daughter. And for her 2nd birthday my husband and I bought her a Mini Sac HL. I think it's cute. She carries it around everywhere and before we leave the house she will bring it to the mirror and look at herself. I love it. Here's a picture I took on her birthday as she was going to bed:

micaiahbirthday017.jpg

I think the size of the bag is perfect for kids. It's like a mini Speedy.

that is WAY TOO CUTE! I would never buy that bag for myself because it's just too small and it really does look like it's made for children! What a cute picture! :biggrin:

Bag Fetish said:
I'd find a well used mono and clean the handles up and give that to her. You wont feel so bad if the bag gets mis-used then.

I think you're right about getting a used one. That way the patina is already set and I really don't have to worry about it as much. Thanks. =)

it looks so cute on her, Michelle! I think if you have that much disposible income you should get for her. I was in the same situation where I got negative comments from others when my son turned 16 and I bought him a brand new Bmw M3. Till this day he has not received one ticket or been in an accident. I told him if his grades fall he'll have to pay for his own insurance. He's been making straight A's as usual. I find that I have a little more money than before and this allows me to get things for my children that my parents wanted but couldnt get me. I hope this makes sense!

Sina said:
okay... I want an honest opinion, don't worry about hurting my feelings. ;) I want to get the Mini HL for my baby sister. She will be 3 on October 6. I think it would look so cute on her and she might not be able to use it for another year or so, but what do you guys think of kids with Louis Vuittons? I used to think it was crazy and no kid needs a purse that expensive, but she would look just so darn cute. haha. She looove purses already and can name all mine. Gucci, Burberry, Prada, etc.

She's my favorite person in the whole wide world. *sigh*

don't mind her messy hair... the pictures were taken right after she woke up from her nap.
[/CENTER]

Your sister is sooo adorable :love:

I spoil my lil' sisters too, so I can understand how you feel how you want to the best for her. However, I do agree that 3 might be a lil' young to appreciate an LV purse.