LV for kids

OMGosh how cute is that :smile:
I wish I had a little girl to dress up :biggrin:

Michelle1025 said:
I buy lots of designer stuff for my daughter. And for her 2nd birthday my husband and I bought her a Mini Sac HL. I think it's cute. She carries it around everywhere and before we leave the house she will bring it to the mirror and look at herself. I love it. Here's a picture I took on her birthday as she was going to bed:

micaiahbirthday017.jpg

I think the size of the bag is perfect for kids. It's like a mini Speedy.

Cute kid. Ridiculous idea. Why not buy her a Disney purse or a Barbie or whatever her favorite cartoon character purse now & buy her an LV when she's older so she can appreciate and take care of such an expensive bag?

I think it's sweet to spoil children with nice things if you can afford it. I also think you should wait a few years, and give her one when she is 6 or 7 or even older. She can start to appreciate nice things and take good care of it.
My little girl (4) likes bags one day, then tosses it somewhere the next. I'm sure there are girls who don't want to carry bags at all. Perhaps you should wait and see what her personality will be like.

I imagined what would happen if I bought one for my daughter- I could see my friends picking up the phone and talking about me as soon as I left their house! Rofl!

OK, I guess I am one of the minority opinions here but I think it would be so cute! :biggrin: If I had a daughter/little sis I would get them one. I buy designer stuff for my dog, even though people give me a hard time about it. He is the best so I want him to have the best. I think he looks cute and it makes me smile, so why not? :lol:

Spending is all relative to what you make. People who are very impoverished would never think about buying any kind of purse for there child. A $350 purse for a person making $1,000,000 a year is the same as buying a $3.50 purse if your making $10,000 a year.
Selena

PS I tried my mini pouchette (the one with the gold chain) on my four year old SONS shoulder and I swear to god I almost died, it was mini louis! He looked so cute. My husband thanks god everyday we do not have a four year old daughter. It would be big trouble!

IMO, what you make is not really a factor in this dilemna. It's about creating a sense of entitlement in the child for 'expensive' things. If your 5/6 year old has LV, then they will expect and feel entitled to Hermes when they're 15, and feel they deserve a Ferrari at 18.

I may be exaggerating a little with the examples, but you get the point.

TravelBug said:
I think it'd be cute especially if you had a Speedy 25 but I don't believe in children having expensive things like that. A cute $25 Polo or Von Dutch Tshirt, maybe, but not an LV. Sorry ... that would just be too pretentious like the others said. I see babies with cute Gucci shoes I think 'that's cute but the baby doesn't even know the difference, why go overboard?' - it's more for the adults to show off, IMHO.

I have 10 year old twins (boy and girl) and when my son was only 16 months old and walking his feet were HUGE and he had a high instep. The only shoes that fit were Gucci horsebit loafers, we couldn't lace up the baby shoes without cutting off circulation. I hated to take his shoes off in public, mommy and me classes, church, etc. because I was afraid of what people would say. This was out of necessity - but I learned to not let other people spend my money. Do what you'd like but be mindful of consequences.

jillybean307 said:
Cute kid. Ridiculous idea. Why not buy her a Disney purse or a Barbie or whatever her favorite cartoon character purse now & buy her an LV when she's older so she can appreciate and take care of such an expensive bag?

I just had to tell you I love the name Jillybean its what we call my daughter.:P

Michelle1025 said:
I buy lots of designer stuff for my daughter. And for her 2nd birthday my husband and I bought her a Mini Sac HL. I think it's cute. She carries it around everywhere and before we leave the house she will bring it to the mirror and look at herself. I love it. Here's a picture I took on her birthday as she was going to bed:

micaiahbirthday017.jpg

I think the size of the bag is perfect for kids. It's like a mini Speedy.

OMG! Too cute!!!

My daughter carries around my LV pochette, but I didn't buy it for her. When I was pregnant with her I was debating on buying her the mini sac but went against it. I figure, if I buy her an LV when she's this old, what the hell am I going to buy her when she is 16???? A mansion???? But that's justmy opinion. Besides, my daughter has left her purses at so many places, if it is an expensive one, you will probably never see it again!