Love grows where my Rosemary goes....

Wow Slowhand, what an amazing transformation! The handles have definitely given her a real lift! Such beautiful ginger leather :love: if she is ever out of favour you know where to post her :graucho:

wow! She looks amazing! Well done Slow!

Can i ask what you used to clean her up? And what the quote was for the handles?

I am falling out of love with my battered oak darwin roxy and wonder whether she juts needs such an overhaul....

I love the colour of your rosie - its almost ginger in these pics! beautiful!

Poppy - I tried everything inside and out.
Sheraton wipes & Waitrose organic fragrance free baby wipes to start with and then lots of goes with Woly gel . (I had several goes at the handles with the cornflour & baby shampoo poultice which removed loads of the 'darkness' on the handles although I haven't shown an after pic )
Followed by several goes with Jones the Bootmaker spa lotion & finally Woly Neutra cream and several sprayings in between.
The last coat is the Neutra.
Inside I used Jones the Bootmaker suede cleaner & several goes with very fine sandpaper on a couple of pen marks.

They quoted £70 + vat to replace the handles which in hind sight would have been money well spent.
Although I would still rather have bought one in better condition to start with for the same overall cost.

Thanks everyone . :hugs:

I never thought I could love her but I do :happydance:
She's a little tardis holding far more than I expected and is so comfy and easy to carry.
I'm a true Rosie convert. Love can grow...

Jumpin Jehosaphat! I'm Jealous of your Jolly Ginger Gem!

Obviously a bag that's meant to be Slowhand. A lot of work and a good lucky break from SM
Well done !

Slowhand - WOW!

What a difference! Youve done an amazing clean up - little ginger looks really beautiful.

I am so pleased that Mulberry didnt charge you for their mistake - those handles look great & what a superb leather match.

It made me think how grubby handles can really downgrade a bag.........its my biggest "no-no" when looking at vintage.

Of course, this is also why I have the most desiccated hands in the world - too terrified to wear handcream lest they make Mulberry handles grimy...................perhaps I need to wear gloves like HM Queen Elizabeth!