Love grows where my Rosemary goes....

Linnea

O.G.
May 3, 2008
Wow, that looks like a totally different bag! New handles make a huge difference, amazing.

It is really beautiful, lovely colour. The lovely details of the Rosemary show very well in this colour.

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Poppy - I tried everything inside and out.
Sheraton wipes & Waitrose organic fragrance free baby wipes to start with and then lots of goes with Woly gel . (I had several goes at the handles with the cornflour & baby shampoo poultice which removed loads of the 'darkness' on the handles although I haven't shown an after pic )
Followed by several goes with Jones the Bootmaker spa lotion & finally Woly Neutra cream and several sprayings in between.
The last coat is the Neutra.
Inside I used Jones the Bootmaker suede cleaner & several goes with very fine sandpaper on a couple of pen marks.

They quoted £70 + vat to replace the handles which in hind sight would have been money well spent.
Although I would still rather have bought one in better condition to start with for the same overall cost.
Slowhand - huge thanks for this detail....I think my poor Roxy needs some tlc....I loved her batteredness when she came but she is very dry now and could do with a good clean too....

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
London
I'm singing :smile:

Hey what a great result, and hurrah for SM stuffing up, it certainly paid off!!

Well done, rosie looks beautiful now.

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
UK
Gorgeous bag and looks fab with the new handles!!! think you've just convinced me I should send choco jacquetta off for some new handles too as they are a bit worn and it bugs me a bit!!!!

Lakrits

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
Congrats, what a stunning transformation for a fabulous little bag. Well done, the new handles really does it!

mum2theboys

Feb 28, 2010
Cheshire
I've been piggy backing what Slowhands did to her Rosie, and been busy working on my own. The Woly Gel is definitely blending the marks into the bag ~ great advice.