Love grows where my Rosemary goes....

Jan 31, 2009
Derbyshire, England
Wow, what a transformation - looking at those photos, it was perhaps worth it to have spent on the new handles, but to get them free (though it was their error) was a bonus!!

miss_mabel

Aug 13, 2009
Hampshire
Wow Slowhand, what an amazing transformation! The handles have definitely given her a real lift! Such beautiful ginger leather :love: if she is ever out of favour you know where to post her :graucho:

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
West Berkshire (UK)
wow! She looks amazing! Well done Slow!

Can i ask what you used to clean her up? And what the quote was for the handles?

I am falling out of love with my battered oak darwin roxy and wonder whether she juts needs such an overhaul....

I love the colour of your rosie - its almost ginger in these pics! beautiful!
Poppy - I tried everything inside and out.
Sheraton wipes & Waitrose organic fragrance free baby wipes to start with and then lots of goes with Woly gel . (I had several goes at the handles with the cornflour & baby shampoo poultice which removed loads of the 'darkness' on the handles although I haven't shown an after pic )
Followed by several goes with Jones the Bootmaker spa lotion & finally Woly Neutra cream and several sprayings in between.
The last coat is the Neutra.
Inside I used Jones the Bootmaker suede cleaner & several goes with very fine sandpaper on a couple of pen marks.

They quoted £70 + vat to replace the handles which in hind sight would have been money well spent.
Although I would still rather have bought one in better condition to start with for the same overall cost.

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
West Berkshire (UK)
Thanks everyone . :hugs:

I never thought I could love her but I do :happydance:
She's a little tardis holding far more than I expected and is so comfy and easy to carry.
I'm a true Rosie convert. Love can grow...

Lillemy_74

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
Norway
She's gorgeous! Clean handles certainly make a huge difference! So glad to hear you've fallen in love with your ginger beauty!

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Northern Ireland
How lovely Rosemary looks now Slowhand! Brilliant that you got the new handles free of charge too. Glad the love has grown and you can enjoy using her now.

corries2

Saor Alba
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Jumpin Jehosaphat! I'm Jealous of your Jolly Ginger Gem!

Obviously a bag that's meant to be Slowhand. A lot of work and a good lucky break from SM
Well done !

LovinMyMulberry

NotLovinMulberry....
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
UK
Wow - what a difference!! Well done you on all your hard work!! :biggrin: Nice one re Mulberry sorting that out for you .. even their boo-boo!!

DoubleDutch

Jan 7, 2010
Netherlands
Wow Slowhand, what a stunning ginger Rosemary! You must be very pleased that all your work payed off... She's a beauty. You have such a super collection, love them all.

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
Dublin
Wow, what a difference the new handles make!! Congratulations on your beautiful swan Slowhand! An impulse buy with a happy ending!

Mulberry Ellie

'Ells Bells!!!
Feb 15, 2009
Cotswolds, UK
Slowhand - WOW!

What a difference! Youve done an amazing clean up - little ginger looks really beautiful.

I am so pleased that Mulberry didnt charge you for their mistake - those handles look great & what a superb leather match.

It made me think how grubby handles can really downgrade a bag.........its my biggest "no-no" when looking at vintage.

Of course, this is also why I have the most desiccated hands in the world - too terrified to wear handcream lest they make Mulberry handles grimy...................perhaps I need to wear gloves like HM Queen Elizabeth!