Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi LV friends — can I please ask your opinion/experience on the best LV leather with the least amount of potential glazing issues or other problems? So far, I have owned empreinte, vernis, epi, and mahina (older styles). With vernis, I know there’s risk of color transfer and yellowing. With empreinte, fading of the embossing and potential glazing issues even with bags outside the 2013-2015 recall period. I have read that Capucines have a lot of glazing on each bag. And S Coppola bags could have glazing issues even outside the recall period. Do you think epi (regular styles or Twist) is the least problematic with scuffing and creasing being the primary concerns? Maybe Lockme calf leather is ok too? Or do all leather bags have glazing? Thanks in advance :smile:.

you're right. i've a 1st gen empreinte speedy that had glazing issues and have gotten the new model empreinte speedy (2017). the glazing is supposedly an upgrade and shouldn't cause issues but it did. it melted and the black glazing stained my bag handles so now it's back to the shop for a handle replacement. so far the other items in my newer empreinte collection (2017 and after) are seemingly ok though? for now..

Reactions: Iamminda
Have anyone returned an online purchase in stores before? If I purchased an item online but would like to return it in stores, do I have to bring the entire packaging in(box and all)? Thanks!
As far as I know, you cannot return online purchases in store, however you can exchange in store. Perhaps something has changed now. You do need all the original packaging but not the outside box it was shipped in.

you're right. i've a 1st gen empreinte speedy that had glazing issues and have gotten the new model empreinte speedy (2017). the glazing is supposedly an upgrade and shouldn't cause issues but it did. it melted and the black glazing stained my bag handles so now it's back to the shop for a handle replacement. so far the other items in my newer empreinte collection (2017 and after) are seemingly ok though? for now..
Thanks for sharing your experience :smile: