Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi Travelbliss, sorry my photo is sideways (no clue how to fix that)
I almost bought the Atlantic GM in Hong Kong during recent travels. It did seem abit stiff, and is massive in size next to my frame (5"1 125lbs) but I gravitate towards things like this (the most elevated looking shopping bag ever) I think in time it softens up and is slouchy and casual (if you like that look) I was anticipating her release since seeing the vintage release of this bag from moniquelvoes1968. Very pretty. Thanks, Jasmine (Sinta Vintage)
Thanks for the pic, Jasmine. I haven't been too interested in any of the recent releases...it seems too many re-do of old styles and ones that don't appeal to me. Perhaps i've outgrown LV since their target audience has definitely changed. I've added 4 Mulberry bags which I'm currently loving alot. As for the new fragrance, I will have to go in an try it, everyone's sense of smell is unique.

:welcome: to TPF !! :flowers:

You guys, I tried to buy the LV Carryall PM in black empreinte. I went to pick it up at the store and one of the holes in the strap had not been punched out, and so you could not insert the buckle prong at that point. The associate said it was a flaw that could not be handled at the store, so that order got cancelled. I decided to try once more and re-ordered. But when I went to the store and looked at the bag the first time, I also noticed some white stuff on some of the edges. It was fairly noticeable because the bag was black. I thought it might be glue, but the associate referred to it as "varnishment", if I heard him correctly. What is that? He said one can expect there to be some "varnishment" on bags. Umm ... is that true? Any tips for how to know if, if I see white whatever along the seams or edges, it's something that can be easily removed like glue, or something that is there permanently. I really don't want a black bag, brand new, with white whatever on it that cannot be simply wiped off ... Thanks!

You guys, I tried to buy the LV Carryall PM in black empreinte. I went to pick it up at the store and one of the holes in the strap had not been punched out, and so you could not insert the buckle prong at that point. The associate said it was a flaw that could not be handled at the store, so that order got cancelled. I decided to try once more and re-ordered. But when I went to the store and looked at the bag the first time, I also noticed some white stuff on some of the edges. It was fairly noticeable because the bag was black. I thought it might be glue, but the associate referred to it as "varnishment", if I heard him correctly. What is that? He said one can expect there to be some "varnishment" on bags. Umm ... is that true? Any tips for how to know if, if I see white whatever along the seams or edges, it's something that can be easily removed like glue, or something that is there permanently. I really don't want a black bag, brand new, with white whatever on it that cannot be simply wiped off ... Thanks!

I've seen those and are pretty common if you have been buying canvas and printed leather categories. They are tiny gel-like white stuff at the edges of the varnishing, usually the SA will rub it off with an eraser-like soft silicon and they would fall off. People assume it's some sort of peeling but no and not a thing to be concerned with, must be dried excess glue or yes the varnishing itself.

• Thanks
Reactions: nyeredzi

I've seen those and are pretty common if you have been buying canvas and printed leather categories. They are tiny gel-like white stuff at the edges of the varnishing, usually the SA will rub it off with an eraser-like soft silicon and they would fall off. People assume it's some sort of peeling but no and not a thing to be concerned with, must be dried excess glue or yes the varnishing itself.

Thanks! I picked it up today. This bag had less of it, though I mentioned it to the SA. She took it to the back and brought it back looking just fine. Thanks again!

Reactions: Wil_dasovich
Hi, i got a neonoe from the store but the hardware is not the same color as the bag and strap. I even took it to the shop to be repaired but the return was still different, does anyone have the same experience?

smells like roach spray to me
I just got a couple of samples from my CA delivered today. I do not like at all. Smells medicine like to me, like a Dr.’s office or something :frown: No chocolate smell at all, just woody and dirt like. Can’t explain. Haha.

I concur with your opinions about the new "Myriad" fragrance. It reminded me of that red mercurachrome antiseptic that people used ages ago for nicks and cuts. :facepalm: No wonder they gave me a handful of samples ! :lol:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to get some thoughts regarding this issue I have with my Neverfull MM. I bought the bag about a year ago in Hawaii. However, I really never noticed the stitching of zipper until recently (see photo) as the zipper does not close all the way at the end.. and it has been bothering me that I regret not checking the bag carefully when I bought it. I barely use the bag so it’s still pretty brand new. Do you think LV will repair the zipper or replace the bag? Please let me know if anyone has gone through similar issues. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 26
Hi everyone! Just wanted to get some thoughts regarding this issue I have with my Neverfull MM. I bought the bag about a year ago in Hawaii. However, I really never noticed the stitching of zipper until recently (see photo) as the zipper does not close all the way at the end.. and it has been bothering me that I regret not checking the bag carefully when I bought it. I barely use the bag so it’s still pretty brand new. Do you think LV will repair the zipper or replace the bag? Please let me know if anyone has gone through similar issues. Thanks so much!
You could bring it in where you bought it and ask. That being said, it's been a year, and i doubt they will repair or replace for free. Is it defective in function ? Perhaps it's just me, but since it's in the interior and I rarely close the zippers of my interior slots, I wouldn't give it a second thought...but I can understand if you are concerned for resale value.