Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi, very new to LV here. Would like to get an idea of how "rare" or sought after the capucines are? More specifically, I'm on the lookout for interesting seasonal or limited bags (e.g crystal, pearls, embroided, wicker etc).

I saw a pearl studded capucine on a youtube video and asked about it in store. The sales person was so snooty, basically told me that bag is very popular, people preorder it and purchase without even looking at it in person, who was I to walk in and ask for that bag kind of vibe.... Also I am not able to view the capucines selection on the LV website.

I was under the impression (maybe outdated as I haven['t shopped after covid) that the capucines was not a popular line as its slightly more expensive than the canvas pieces. Is it no longer the case?
Hello @pontalon - sorry for a later response. Capucines have gone to in store only, or I believe online concierge services can help you with one. Sorry you had a rude experience. I don’t have one, but I do know they market this bag as their high end more as if it is Chanel or Hermès. Though a lovely bag, it doesn’t seem as popular, and it doesn’t hold resale value very well. If I were you I would login to your online LV account and look for a concierge to help or do online chat. I also just checked, if you go to the website, click on women, all bags, and the capucines should show up to look at, though not to purchase. HTH!

Reactions: EmmJay
Hi all can you advise me? I can’t decide whether to get bicolor black or turtledove neonoe. For any of you who own turtledove, is the maintenance hard? Will you jeans color transfer to the bag as well?
As for neonoe empreinte, has any of you found any wear and tear in last couple of months/years?

Of course! Forgot to say the bottom of the keepall is about 1.5” wide. It’s a hard price to justify - but they are very cute and it’s the first LV key pouch that actually holds my keys without bulging. Hope it works for you!
I went to see it in person and am obsessed! Haha, they didn’t have the color I want, but I was able to see that my key fob fits easily in and out with plenty of space left for AirPods, keys, and maybe even a chapstick? I think when I get my next paycheck I’m going to go ahead and say Merry Christmas to me! It is just so darn cute and I will literally use it daily so…:graucho:

Hi, very new to LV here. Would like to get an idea of how "rare" or sought after the capucines are? More specifically, I'm on the lookout for interesting seasonal or limited bags (e.g crystal, pearls, embroided, wicker etc).

I saw a pearl studded capucine on a youtube video and asked about it in store. The sales person was so snooty, basically told me that bag is very popular, people preorder it and purchase without even looking at it in person, who was I to walk in and ask for that bag kind of vibe.... Also I am not able to view the capucines selection on the LV website.

I was under the impression (maybe outdated as I haven['t shopped after covid) that the capucines was not a popular line as its slightly more expensive than the canvas pieces. Is it no longer the case?

I'm sorry to hear about your snooty SA. Capucines are LV's Birkin. They come in classic which is taurillon baby bull leather, the colours are offered in seasonal availability. LV is pushing capucines as its "it" bag so they have a lot of animation and artists collaboration of capucines. They call it Artycapucines, annually 200 numbered pieces allocated or pre offered to their top clients worldwide--basically elevated versions of the classic capucines. You might have come across one hence the snooty SA giving you some lackluster explanation. If you're after for an Artycapucines, you might have to flex your spending first and be a trusted client before your SA offers you to deposit for one, otherwise the classic capucines are offered base on availability to everyone.

Is the DA pochette accessoires being discontinued? I wanted to order it online and saw it was out of stock and I know the original mono pochette accessoires is no longer available. If anyone knows TIA!

Anyone considering the Atlantis bags ? I love the loose structure but unsure about the awkward carry straps!

View attachment 5887249

View attachment 5887250
I just purchased the reverse monogram BB. it is such a unique bag. I really love it. I know there are people on youtube saying it isn't worth the price, but to each their own I guess. I love it. Where I stay there is no GM in reverse monogram or else I would have gotten the bigger size. But the BB is great.

I just purchased the reverse monogram BB. it is such a unique bag. I really love it. I know there are people on youtube saying it isn't worth the price, but to each their own I guess. I love it. Where I stay there is no GM in reverse monogram or else I would have gotten the bigger size. But the BB is great.

After seeing this IG post, I'm no longer interested in the Atlantis GM.

Yikes I just watched it. The doesn't look very functional. Sad to say I am losing interest in LV bags. Nothing being released lately I am interested in and I thought it might be the denim but the prices are crazy!

I've fallen out of LVoe too. It's really become expensive, mass-produced junk. I can't believe it. :frown::crybaby:My last 3 purchases have been Mulberry bags !!

Yikes I just watched it. The doesn't look very functional. Sad to say I am losing interest in LV bags. Nothing being released lately I am interested in and I thought it might be the denim but the prices are crazy!

True. The brand is on a tailspin to capture demand, produce more and more than it ever has, in order to seize back market share compromising everything from product quality to corporate ethics. Just look at the fine jewelry and watches they are selling in terms of quality and price share, it's almost glorified robbery. The wolf in cashmere, owner and chairman, is the epitome of greed. There is nothing sustainable with the way he or his minions are pegging success. We are not just talking about handbags, we're also looking at corporate responsibility. What do you think? Hermes and Chanel are way more responsible. When a brand starts making a junk like Atlantis, you just know, all it cares for is profit. Yuck.

Reactions: onlyk
I just watched a video of a guy, I guess he is a leather expert, who takes apart bags (tearing apart stitching and separating the lining and scraping the coating on the bag) and estimated how much they should cost. I watched him rip apart a creme empreinte NF and talk about the pieces. Very eye opening as to the markup of bags. He then tells you the quality and how much the bag should cost as opposed to how much they are charging. He buys all the items himself so he stays neutral.

I just watched a video of a guy, I guess he is a leather expert, who takes apart bags (tearing apart stitching and separating the lining and scraping the coating on the bag) and estimated how much they should cost. I watched him rip apart a creme empreinte NF and talk about the pieces. Very eye opening as to the markup of bags. He then tells you the quality and how much the bag should cost as opposed to how much they are charging. He buys all the items himself so he stays neutral.
I had watched some of his videos too, while it is interesting to see how bags are constructed, I believe prices of luxury goods are not necessary related to how much they cost for the raw material.

Reactions: myeyeonpi

It’s funny to see your post the same day the NYTimes style section did an article on him. I cringe a bit every time he cuts into a handbag, be it a Coach or Ferragamo :lol: