Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Thanks! I ended up buying the Duomo later in the day after I posted this. The LV website came back up and it was no longer on there (or in my wish list)....so I decided not to chance waiting any longer and went to my local boutique that day (it's only 10 min from my office). They had only one in stock behind the counter and apparently they won't be getting any more (discontinued).

And yes...for the PM i'm just going to call ahead in London to all the locations. If I'm not able to get it there on this upcoming trip, I will likely call my local boutique and have them order me one and wait for that to come in (they said it would probably take a month once they put me in for one).

How are u liking ur duomo? Does it stick out a lot or does it stay pretty much close to ur body? I am thinking to get one preloved.

The only thing I think you can do (besides more, more, more, and more research) is to go to an LV store and ask a question about the bag. Like ask if you can get the bag hot-stamped. Don't ask for authentication. Just ask for hot-stamp, or ask if you can get a new zipper or something. They will instantly say something like "yes, that will be $200", or "we don't service this bag". Then, you will know if it's authentic or not.
JazzyMac, thanks for your answer. Actually, the bag has the initials of the former owner already stamped, which was one of the reasons I believed it was authentic. However, the number of stitches puzzles me, since I can read everywhere that a lower number of stitches means usually that the bag is fake.

JazzyMac, thanks for your answer. Actually, the bag has the initials of the former owner already stamped, which was one of the reasons I believed it was authentic. However, the number of stitches puzzles me, since I can read everywhere that a lower number of stitches means usually that the bag is fake.

LV won't stamp a bag that is fake. TO BE HONEST (only my opinion), I can't follow the many videos, posts, comments, paragraphs, books, and all else about how people know the difference between a fake and a real purse. I can personally only tell the difference between truly fake and real, i.e. if the L is upside down or some weird thing like that, or if a friend has had a bag for years and the vachetta is still light or something. Although a fake bag held for years won't hold up in quality like a real one will. It just won't. It will literally start falling apart in your hands. I don't put too much weight on the amount of stitches per inch of length on the side of millimeter of each edge--oh em goodness, I'd drive myself crazy! And you will too I'm thinking. Truth is, not everyone knows every single piece of LV produced when, where, how many, etc. You can look up the threads now where the Infrared Pochette metis is all peeling, and off-centered. Years later, someone will have it and someone else will say, "it's off-centered, so that means it's fake!". Nah.

Besides, 6 1/2 inches rounded up to the nearest inch is 7 inches, soooooo. Hey, if men can do it, so can we! :angel:

Hi everybody.
I was wondering someone in this forum could help me. I'm new here and I have a question which answer I haven't already found on the web, despite I've done a lot of research.
I've read in several websites describing LV authentication tips that the number of stitches per inch in a LV bag is around 7-8. However, my LV Neverfull Monogram, which I believe is authentic, only has around 6.5 stitches per inch, the stitching being however consistent. The bag has a date code that indicates it was made in 2007, and it really looks like having several years of use. I would like to know if being the spi<7 stitches, it means the bag is fake. Otherwise, the bag seems perfect.
I'd really appreciate your help.
You could honestly drive yourself crazy measuring the stitches! I measured 6-8 stitches per inch around the trim of my NF. Depending on which section I measured there were some shorter or longer stitches. Mine was purchased at a LV store 3 years ago. You did mention that it was heat stamped so I don't think a fake bag could have that. But if you are still unsure then the best bet is to go through an authenticator. You can inquire on "authenticate this forum." I'm not sure if they do this for bags that have already been purchased, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
How are u liking ur duomo? Does it stick out a lot or does it stay pretty much close to ur body? I am thinking to get one preloved.
I'm really loving it. It definitely stays close to the body. The canvas is really supple and molds to your body. I'm starting to think it has the personality of a clown car (or the Tardis, for you Dr. Who fans). Compact on the outside...but it sure does hold a ton on the inside. LOL I highly recommend. :biggrin:

LV won't stamp a bag that is fake. TO BE HONEST (only my opinion), I can't follow the many videos, posts, comments, paragraphs, books, and all else about how people know the difference between a fake and a real purse. I can personally only tell the difference between truly fake and real, i.e. if the L is upside down or some weird thing like that, or if a friend has had a bag for years and the vachetta is still light or something. Although a fake bag held for years won't hold up in quality like a real one will. It just won't. It will literally start falling apart in your hands. I don't put too much weight on the amount of stitches per inch of length on the side of millimeter of each edge--oh em goodness, I'd drive myself crazy! And you will too I'm thinking. Truth is, not everyone knows every single piece of LV produced when, where, how many, etc. You can look up the threads now where the Infrared Pochette metis is all peeling, and off-centered. Years later, someone will have it and someone else will say, "it's off-centered, so that means it's fake!". Nah.

Besides, 6 1/2 inches rounded up to the nearest inch is 7 inches, soooooo. Hey, if men can do it, so can we! :angel:
JazzyMac, you're right! I won't bother with this "stitches" thing anymore. Thanks a lot.

I'm really loving it. It definitely stays close to the body. The canvas is really supple and molds to your body. I'm starting to think it has the personality of a clown car (or the Tardis, for you Dr. Who fans). Compact on the outside...but it sure does hold a ton on the inside. LOL I highly recommend. :biggrin:

I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier.... just now I'm realizing I need a mid size crossbody to give my speedy a break that holds the same amount as a speedy... I have a mabillion but it's not as big as the Duomo and I hate having to downsize stuff more than I have to for everyday bags. Lol, clown car, it truly looks deceivingly small...

Reactions: Aoifs
You did mention that it was heat stamped so I don't think a fake bag could have that. But if you are still unsure then the best bet is to go through an authenticator. You can inquire on "authenticate this forum." I'm not sure if they do this for bags that have already been purchased, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I was reading on Reddit (can't find the link, sorry) that someone claims they got a replica bag stamped in store. I've also found replica stores that claim to offer the service directly.

(No, I'm not shopping for replicas... just doing research so I don't get ripped off in the preloved market.)

I was reading on Reddit (can't find the link, sorry) that someone claims they got a replica bag stamped in store. I've also found replica stores that claim to offer the service directly.

(No, I'm not shopping for replicas... just doing research so I don't get ripped off in the preloved market.)
That's probably true. It's apparent that anything is possible. I guess if the bag looks real they probably wouldn't think to check.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I'm new to this forum and I have learned so much in the last few days! I am so glad to hear your comment above. When I decided to buy the NF I watched countless YouTube videos to help me decide between DE and Mono. My nearest store is almost 3 hours away. I knew that the DE might crease or crack but then with the Mono I would have to worry about water spots. I finally decided to go for the DE. It is arriving on Monday.
Enjoy your new bag!!

just annoyed w/lv 800 line.. called this morning for an item that has said "call" for like 3 months... the woman said they don't expect stock until june or july. then it becomes available for purchase within the hour. i don't get their system at all when you call. it seems so random what answer you get about anything:annoyed:

My husband works in CS and highly it's doubtful they have any foresight into when the particular item you want will be updated online.