Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

PurseAddict728....I'll be looking for the Duomo crossbody. For the Pochette Metis, I think my preference will be the Mono....but if the Empreinte was on site and the Mono wasn't ...I could see myself just going with the Empriente. However, it sounds like both might be equally difficult to find.

I don't have a relationship with a particular SA. But if you know which LV you are going to in the US then you can find out if they have the Duomo Crossbody. If they don't usually they can order it in right to that location, you are not obligated to buy it if you don't like it either. I'm sorry, but I have no idea what to tell you for the PM if you are looking in London. Do you know which LV location you are going to in London?

I don't have a relationship with a particular SA. But if you know which LV you are going to in the US then you can find out if they have the Duomo Crossbody. If they don't usually they can order it in right to that location, you are not obligated to buy it if you don't like it either. I'm sorry, but I have no idea what to tell you for the PM if you are looking in London. Do you know which LV location you are going to in London?
Yeah...starting to think calling the stores ahead of time will be the way to go. The US store is like 10 minutes from my Office....so pretty easy to hit. The UK location will be either LV Harrods or LV Selfridges so that I can do shopping with other brands in a short period of time (its a work trip...so shopping time will be limited). Again...thinking calling them ahead of time is definitely a good recommendation.

PurseAddict728....I'll be looking for the Duomo crossbody. For the Pochette Metis, I think my preference will be the Mono....but if the Empreinte was on site and the Mono wasn't ...I could see myself just going with the Empriente. However, it sounds like both might be equally difficult to find.
Maybe you could get a hold of the pochette metis in the Heathrow Louis Vuitton store. You can email them beforehand to ask whether they have it in stock and if they can put it on hold for you (I think they can only put it on hold 48 hours before you go though).

I know that the pochette metis is on very demand and I visited my store about twenty times in the course of two years before being able to see one in person (which I bought on the spot).

Good luck!

Maybe you could get a hold of the pochette metis in the Heathrow Louis Vuitton store. You can email them beforehand to ask whether they have it in stock and if they can put it on hold for you (I think they can only put it on hold 48 hours before you go though).

I know that the pochette metis is on very demand and I visited my store about twenty times in the course of two years before being able to see one in person (which I bought on the spot).

Good luck!
That is a great idea! I can try calling the airport boutique as well. Typically it has a fairly small selection/quantity, relative to other locations...but calling ahead could make it work.

Reactions: einertia
Rant Story//Since some SAs choose not to do their job, and leave it all on the customer, it'd be nice if we could at least get a little bit of change thrown our way at the end of each month. In appreciation.

Visited an LV over the weekend looking for a fairly new piece that I screen-captured from the forums. After being ignored by the many SAs hanging around--common in the U.S. stores, so I stopped taking offense--one asks how she can help. I told her about the piece, which she'd never seen, said didn't sound familiar, yada, yada, and smirked when I said I had a picture. So I reach for my phone, and in that split-second, I realize that nobody's moved a muscle. Not to look in the cases, not to look in the computer, iPad, nothing. I glance out the side of my eye and realize the piece is right. there. in. the. case., in a different color. So I decide to take my time pulling up the photo. Meanwhile, she goes back to conversing with the other SA, while I'm shaking my head in disbelief. I show her my phone photo, and she goes to get *the wrong piece*, walking past the correct one. "No, that's not it...actually, it's right there", I pointed to the actual piece. Then the SA proceeds to play the yes-no-yes-no game with me. Really? #TwilightZone

Now that "we" have found the piece, it's time to discuss color options. "Oh, this only came in black", she says dismissively. "Yeah? But you haven't even looked it up?"--now I'm the one smirking and challenging. Finally she goes to the computer and says, "Oh, this must be new because I haven't seen it before"...like seriously, wow, I would have never figured that out at all. I don't have time to hang out in traffic dealing with any more LV stores of the same attitudes, so she's going to do her job today if I have anything to do with it. She sighs, looks up the piece, sees a different color and goes to retrieve it.

Shouldn't have to pull teeth to get people to do their job--argh! Send me my bonus!

//EndStory

This is almost an exact description of an encounter my GF and I had last year at an LV store. Took us way too long to get any help. She was asking about a W Bag in a particular monogram/leather combo. SA said it didn't come in that form...until we showed him a photo from the LV site. Then, as you said, he says "It must be new, I haven't seen that before". Totally irritating. Didn't buy from the SA. I use the website or find items at Yoogi's now. Sorry SA, hope you don't need my money.

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
PM is hard to find in Europe. Heathrow may be your best bet if you're able to call ahead. I would call the stores too but if that didn't work out, I'd still show up and take a chance! :smile:

The PM is much easier to get in the US but it's more expensive there.

I can't comment on the Duomo.
Thanks! I ended up buying the Duomo later in the day after I posted this. The LV website came back up and it was no longer on there (or in my wish list)....so I decided not to chance waiting any longer and went to my local boutique that day (it's only 10 min from my office). They had only one in stock behind the counter and apparently they won't be getting any more (discontinued).

And yes...for the PM i'm just going to call ahead in London to all the locations. If I'm not able to get it there on this upcoming trip, I will likely call my local boutique and have them order me one and wait for that to come in (they said it would probably take a month once they put me in for one).

Reactions: Pmrbfay and Aoifs
Thanks! I ended up buying the Duomo later in the day after I posted this. The LV website came back up and it was no longer on there (or in my wish list)....so I decided not to chance waiting any longer and went to my local boutique that day (it's only 10 min from my office). They had only one in stock behind the counter and apparently they won't be getting any more (discontinued).

And yes...for the PM i'm just going to call ahead in London to all the locations. If I'm not able to get it there on this upcoming trip, I will likely call my local boutique and have them order me one and wait for that to come in (they said it would probably take a month once they put me in for one).
Wow how lucky. Meant to be! Enjoy.

I saw the Pouchette Metis for the first time a few days ago on someone and I thought it looked so classy! It was in Mono.

Reactions: Michellynn71