Long story short,........

baggaholic,
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Let it go, because a different version of 'stalking' happens in Paris quite a lot. Whenever I'm there, I always get someone coming up to me and asked me if I would buy LV goods for them, even after saying no a couple of times, they still kinda follow you around, maybe hoping that I might just change my mind, LOL! I guess I've gotten used to that kind of nuttiness!

Freaky is definitely the word! While New Yorkers are used to just about anything - assault is beyond the pale. I can't believe the security folks at Burberry didn't call the police after they learned that this crazy woman accosted you in Hermes and then again in Burberry. I would write a letter to the B store manager and express how disappointed you are at the lack of seriousness with which their security staff treated the situation.

Hopefully, the deranged woman is back in her padded cell and you are home sleeping off a fun night with miss Picotin! Hugs!!

Baggs- what a horrible and scary experience! I agree with the one post that said you were assaulted and not punked. It sounds like you handled it very well. I can just imagine how it shook you up- I would have freaked! I am so glad you are ok and unharmed.

baggaholic,
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Let it go, because a different version of 'stalking' happens in Paris quite a lot. Whenever I'm there, I always get someone coming up to me and asked me if I would buy LV goods for them, even after saying no a couple of times, they still kinda follow you around, maybe hoping that I might just change my mind, LOL! I guess I've gotten used to that kind of nuttiness!

Good grief! I am so sorry about your 'experience'. And my sympathies to all of you who have undergone such treatment.

I lived in Paris for several years and it was close to torture on adaily basis. Everytime I walked on Montaigne or Champs-Elysees, there would be groups of Asians who would pester me to buy Vuitton bags for them. They even showed me wads of cash!! I always politely declined but was told by my vendeur in LV that these people send the bags all over the world for a tidy profit. It was even more embarassing because I was Asian as well. And the situation with these profiteers of course, did not leave Asian clients in most boutiques in good standing either. There were instances when paying for items via credit card, they would ask for my passport in certain stores and when they saw a Malaysian Passport, they would exchange what appeared to be knowing glances. After a couple of years, the staff in some of the boutiques got to know me better but I will never forget how I was treated at some stores simply because of the colour of my skin. But then again, what with so many Asian profiteers running about rudely asking all and sundry to go and buy bags for them, I guess I should have seen it coming.

He still insisted on calling the store, What! was it because I was PR! I don't know,.. this all stinks!
I seriously doubt it is because you are PR. He just had to make sure because it sounds like she was so insistent. At any rate this whole exchange sounds...interesting to say the least. I find it hard to believe that Hermes didn't do any more than they did. I guess they really are just used to it. I've never seen anyone act like THAT over a birkin. It really isn't that serious.

I hope non of you girls go through anything like this. It's a shame that people do this. I mean yo always hear of someone asking to see your bag or just gasping at it with excitement but not grab it like "mine! mine! mine! mine!
Well I will say this story will make me think twice about letting strangers look closely at my bag or touch it. You never know if someone might try to grab it and take it or something.

I just read about what happened to you and I'm speechless! That's one big freaky :wtf: incident, baggaholic!! If it were me I probably would've :boxing:her!! Or probably too shocked to do anything.... that was one crazy woman you met!

But above all glad to hear that you and your Birkin is safe and sound despite her nasty and psychotic attempts to get your bag! Did she look like a psycho or she actually dress up nicely??

She was dressed very nicely and didn't look like a :wacko: at all. She had a nice limited LV on and nice shoes. I don't know thinking of it now I should had called the cops but hey, it's not like me to be dealing with the police. I just wanted to get out of there fast!

Thank you all for your concerns an support. I want to forget about this now and get back to my lovely Picotin. :tender:

Baggs...this is so out of hand! I would have been terrified and super pissed!! Even more so when security had to cal Hermes to find out who the bag belonged to. What a wack job!! Glad to hear you are OK..just try to put it behind you.

Love the picotin!!