Let's talk $$$$ -PLEASE!!

Thanks, everybody. I'll tell you what, if I get a bonus again this year I'll earmark some of it for a Kelly, then you wonderful, knowledgeable ladies can help me find one in my price range!

pseub said:
Baggaholic, thanks, but it's not just about saving up the money. (Heck, I could have bought one with my last year's bonus.) It's more about our family priorities (we have a son with special needs who's going to need full-time care all of his life, even after we're gone) and based on that I couldn't personally justify spending $8K for a bag. But please don't feel that I'm judging anyone who can and does...like I said just please post those pics and I'll enjoy your bags right along with you! I truly had no idea what they cost until reading this thread; I'd sort of secretly hoped that maybe a Kelly could be found in the $2-3K range and that maybe, someday I could splurge on one.
I completely understand about your son, you are a good mom, and good things happen to good people. Chin Up! I have faith you'll have everything you ever wanted and more!

pseub said:
Baggaholic, thanks, but it's not just about saving up the money. (Heck, I could have bought one with my last year's bonus.) It's more about our family priorities (we have a son with special needs who's going to need full-time care all of his life, even after we're gone) and based on that I couldn't personally justify spending $8K for a bag. But please don't feel that I'm judging anyone who can and does...like I said just please post those pics and I'll enjoy your bags right along with you! I truly had no idea what they cost until reading this thread; I'd sort of secretly hoped that maybe a Kelly could be found in the $2-3K range and that maybe, someday I could splurge on one.

You sound like a wonderful mom! I did buy a kelly from e-bay and got what I consider to be a good deal on it. There are consignment shops in cities if you live near one, or you can check with the people here as far as something being authentic from a seller. It is possible! I'm glad to hear you take care of yourself, also...you are important too:biggrin:

No one impresses me more than a loving, devoted mother. Your son is worth more than all the Birkins and Kellys combined. Wishing you the very best and please don't hesitate to come here for authentication help. Best of luck to you! :biggrin:

I saw a Picotin MM in barenia today at Hermes in Geneva, Switzerland. I forgot to ask the price though. It was lovely. I almost bought it, but when you close the bag with the straps in the middle, the sides didn't fall as nicely as in togo or taurillon since barenia is quite stiff.