Let's talk $$$$ -PLEASE!!

Baggaholic said:
Yes you can.
Save a little here save a little there, you can't believe how amazing it is when you notice how much you save up that extra little change from your purse in the 5gl water btl, in one year you can save up alot!!!!! Enough to buy that Birkin, throw in quaters, dollars, 5's here 10's there al little change from your partner can help too,... next thing you know by the time they call you when you place your order (1-2 yrs), you'll be amazed on how much you saved!!!! Got to the bank change it and run to Hermes before stopping anywhere else.
___
Good advice. This is how I bought my first stereo system and a few other things when I was younger. I need to go back to this system now.

Baggaholic, thanks, but it's not just about saving up the money. (Heck, I could have bought one with my last year's bonus.) It's more about our family priorities (we have a son with special needs who's going to need full-time care all of his life, even after we're gone) and based on that I couldn't personally justify spending $8K for a bag. But please don't feel that I'm judging anyone who can and does...like I said just please post those pics and I'll enjoy your bags right along with you! I truly had no idea what they cost until reading this thread; I'd sort of secretly hoped that maybe a Kelly could be found in the $2-3K range and that maybe, someday I could splurge on one.

pseub...I completely understand about priorities, and I hope you get a chance to treat yourself one of these years. You sound like a thoughtful and focused caregiver.

pseub said:
Baggaholic, thanks, but it's not just about saving up the money. (Heck, I could have bought one with my last year's bonus.) It's more about our family priorities (we have a son with special needs who's going to need full-time care all of his life, even after we're gone) and based on that I couldn't personally justify spending $8K for a bag. But please don't feel that I'm judging anyone who can and does...like I said just please post those pics and I'll enjoy your bags right along with you! I truly had no idea what they cost until reading this thread; I'd sort of secretly hoped that maybe a Kelly could be found in the $2-3K range and that maybe, someday I could splurge on one.

We totally understand that what is more important. However, I wanna let u know that sometimes there are nice hermes bags on ebay that is around 2k~3k.

hermesBB said:
We totally understand that what is more important. However, I wanna let u know that sometimes there are nice hermes bags on ebay that is around 2k~3k.

Well, that's good to know. Guess I better learn up about these bags and how to spot the authentic ones, then!

Hi pseub, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. You are such a wonderful mother :love: I have two young children so I completely understand how a mother would want to give her best, possibly everything that she has..

A member just PM'ed to tell me that she bought a beautiful pre-owned Kelly at the range that you mentioned...Sometimes, pre-owned Hermes bags are more beautiful than the new ones! :smile:

I'm sure you'll get a chance to own a beautiful Kelly someday, god bless.

La Vanguardia said:
BTBF - I think it will cost about 1000-2000 less in the shop, depending on the leather ... if it's a normal leather in plain color.

It says "Made from textured and scratch resistant "Togo" leather. Silver palladium hardware. I stamp for 2005 production.